Our family loves road trips and camping, and we get so excited to plan for adventures all summer! I’m sharing our family’s love for camping and all the favorite essentials we bring along to make our outdoor adventures extra special. With four kiddos in tow, we like to be prepared. We rely on many of our favorite camping essentials that we’ve gathered over the years, many from Amazon! Find my lists here Camp + Roadtrip List and My Storefront!
Chris has family land that we love to visit and we made everything feel a whole lot cozier when we moved our Airstream there, and my husband built a large deck and roof area, making it the perfect home-away-from-home for us while we camp. Now, we can camp comfortably and really enjoy our time together.
Our camping trips are sacred family moments that we really look forward to. Amidst busy school schedules, work, and the hustle of daily life, these camping getaways allow us to slow down and reconnect. We cherish the togetherness, away from screens and distractions, soaking in the beauty of nature.
When we hit the campsite, there are a few activities that have become our family traditions. Roasting s’mores over the campfire is an absolute must, and the kids can’t get enough of it! Fishing is another favorite pastime, where we teach the little ones the art of patience and appreciation for the great outdoors. Family bike rides are so much fun, giving us a chance to explore and enjoy outdoor time together.
We usually try to plan ahead with all of the essentials that we like to back, we found so many on Amazon. Whether you’re a seasoned camper or just starting, these must-haves will make your trip a breeze.
2. Packing Cubes: Essential for organizing clothes and gear. They make packing and unpacking a breeze, ensuring we have everything we need.
Packing for a camping trip with four kiddos can be a challenge, but with these tips, you’ll have it all under control:
1. Make a List: Create a detailed camping essentials list to ensure nothing important is left behind.
2. Pack Light: Opt for multi-purpose items and plan outfits in advance to avoid over-packing.
Traveling with babies and toddlers requires extra thoughtfulness, we’ve been camping with our kids at all ages, so I have lots of tips for keeping everyone comfortable. Here are some essentials:
1. Stocked Diaper Bag: Pack extra diapers, wipes, and diaper rash cream to keep baby comfortable throughout the trip.
2. Portable High Chair: A foldable high chair is a game-changer during meal times.
3. Snacks Galore: Carry a variety of snacks to keep toddlers happy and full between meals.
Our family’s love for camping runs deep, and having the essentials only make the experience even better. Camping is not just a vacation; it’s a chance to unplug, unwind, and create lifelong memories together!
I hope these camping essentials for women, kids, and families help you embark on your own memorable journeys, creating traditions that will be cherished for years to come. Happy camping!