There is nothing better for fall in Texas than combining snickerdoodle cookies with ice cream! This snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich recipe is the perfect fall treat for warm weather! Try this recipe when you are craving fall flavors, but need a sweet and cooling treat!
First start with the dreamiest ever recipe for a delicious snickerdoodle cookie. We adore spending time in the kitchen baking and this was such a fun new ice cream cookie recipe to try!
+ 1 cup room temperature butter +
+ 1 egg plus 1 yolk +
+ 1/2 cup brown sugar +
+ 3/4 cup granulated sugar +
+ 1 teaspoon baking soda +
+ 1 teaspoon cream of tartar +
+ 1 tablespoon vanilla +
+ 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt +
+ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon +
+ 2 3/4 cup flour +
+ frosting and sprinkles (optional) +
+ Cinnamon Mixture (to sprinkle on top of cookies) +
+ 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon +
+ 1/4 cup sugar +
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In the bowl of your mixer add butter, both sugars and mix on medium speed about 2 minutes. Add the egg and yolk, baking soda, cream of tartar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and mix for 1 minute. Turn mixer on low and slowly add in flour. In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar to make Cinnamon Mixture.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough (I used an ice cream scoop), then sprinkle each one with the Cinnamon Mixture.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes.
6. Now let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
If you want to decorate some of them (or add a little more sweetness) top with icing and sprinkles!
7. Allow cookies to cool completely. Next grab the ice cream of your choice. Vanilla is perfect, or something like pumpkin, praline, butter pecan etc.
8. grab a pint of ice cream, you can slice the ice cream when fully frozen, and sandwich between cookies. Or, grab a scoop, let ice cream slightly soften, and gently spoon onto cookies, sandwich together and refreeze for a bit!
I am always looking for fun and creative ways to display sweet treats! Once your snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches are finished they can be served on a fun fall snack board. Here are a few of my favorite snack board options wood & marble serving board, circular wood serving board, or this wood cutting board.
I love simple DIYs that take things to the next level! These cute printed pumpkins are also a great addition to your snickerdoodle display.
Tag me!! I can not wait to see all of your fun snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich displays!