a lost tooth.

Our sweet Aiden lost his first tooth yesterday. There is something so emotional about experiencing these firsts each time. My precious boy will start Kindergarten at the end of this summer and between that and this tooth my mama heart has been all over the place. I can remember like it was yesterday losing teeth, wiggling them over and over until it was finally time! There are moments that I have to remind myself how big he really is now. It feels like just yesterday that I was seeing and kissing his little face for the first time. I can still remember us driving somewhere, he was all bundled up in his carseat and I realized that his first little tooth was breaking through. That same sweet little tooth that we celebrated over 5 years ago, served its time and yesterday we let it go.

The same way that I felt when Aiden left his two-ba (blankie) behind and watched him grow past various milestones. The bittersweet taste that lingers in your mouth. The beauty of watching your first born grow and soar and yet the heartache knowing they they need you a little less each day. I love this sweet boy so much and tell him everyday that I can’t believe God chose me to be his mama. Lucky doesn’t even describe it. The thought of walking him up to the door to the first day of Kindergarten puts a massive lump in my throat but I am so grateful and blessed for each moment that I spend with this sweet soul. I know us mamas are supposed to be guiding and teaching them, but so many moments I feel like he is teaching me.

I love you sweet A.

May 21, 2014

1. Anna @ IHOD

May 21st, 2014 at 1:34 am

Gabriel would be quite jealous as we were just talking about losing teeth today and how he won't get to lose one till he is 6. So funny he looks forward to it. I on the other hand have no problem avoiding another milestone as long as possible! It's all going to fast:(

2. CaseyWiegand

May 21st, 2014 at 2:09 am

ahhhh i know mama!!! sure love you!!

3. Maddydog

May 21st, 2014 at 2:02 am

You mentioned Aiden going to Kindergarten in this post. Did you send him to preschool? I have a four year old son and that is a decision I need to make soon. I am actually leaning toward keeping him home with me. I do not recall you ever mentioning preschool in past posts, so I'm just curious. 🙂

4. CaseyWiegand

May 21st, 2014 at 2:08 am

Hey friend :), we actually did prek homeschool and have had such a hard time deciding what to do as well ( for moving forward) ! We decided on a 2 day kindergarten program at a private school, I would love to hear what you decide as well!! Good to hear from you again! Its been awhile! all my love friend, xoxo

5. Maddydog

May 21st, 2014 at 2:17 am

I appreciate your thoughts, Casey. Thank you.

6. CaseyWiegand

May 21st, 2014 at 2:18 am

love you sister!

7. Wynne Elder

May 21st, 2014 at 4:17 am

yes! so sweet, those firsts! and that picture!!!!

8. CaseyWiegand

May 21st, 2014 at 1:36 pm

🙂 love u friend

9. Martha Rule

May 21st, 2014 at 5:45 am

My guy is headed to the big K in the Fall as well and just lost his first two, really fast. I love seeing his smile just like this dude. Adorable!

10. CaseyWiegand

May 21st, 2014 at 1:36 pm

oh my goodness yes! aiden already has another loose one, help! make it slow down!

May 21st, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Oh, this post hit home for me today. My baby (I have 3 boys) is turning 1 tomorrow and I'm a mess thinking about it. I didn't get this upset when the others turned one…what is wrong with me?! I just need time to SLOW DOWN!!!!

12. CaseyWiegand

May 21st, 2014 at 1:37 pm

ahhhhh I know, its so hard friend!!

13. Kate Jaco

May 21st, 2014 at 2:22 pm

This is such a sweet post. My baby is only 10 months old but I still think about those days to come and get that lump in my throat. God definitely blesses us greatly through our babies.

14. CaseyWiegand

May 21st, 2014 at 8:53 pm

aw love!!!

15. Donna

May 21st, 2014 at 2:25 pm

My sweet almost 6 year old lost her first tooth last week, and it was the same exact one as your sweet Aiden. She lost the one next to it 2 days later. And so it begins…………. <3

16. CaseyWiegand

May 21st, 2014 at 8:53 pm

ahhh oh my goodness yes! his other one is already loose, ahhh

17. ~Seth and Nancy~

May 21st, 2014 at 6:42 pm

oh, how I can SO relate to you! My son just lost his first tooth this past Saturday…he turned 5 in April. He had kindergarten testing a couple of weeks ago and will be graduating preschool on Friday…that lump starts forming in my throat and my eyes start to fill with tears just thinking about it! I long to do it all again…to start from the very beginning with him, but at the same time I truly enjoy the little boy that God is turning him into.

18. CaseyWiegand

May 21st, 2014 at 8:54 pm

gonna make me cry!

19. Becky Dempster

May 22nd, 2014 at 1:35 am

What an adorable big boy. Amazing how God makes a mamas heart so fierce that all you can think of is how you need to protect them more and somehow less as they grow.