family trip : Austin & San Antonio Riverwalk.

photo photo-42edit.jpg

We are back from our trip, sigh. Can we go back? Freeze time? I am sooo grateful for this time we had together, it was honestly perfection. The kids were in heaven, I was in heaven, Chris was in heaven…I mean, it was just wonderful all around. I have so many pictures to sort through and so I am going to split them up a bit. Here are a few from the beginning of our trip. We started off by going to Austin and staying at the Lost Pines. My parent’s gave us this for Christmas last year and honestly I can’t imagine a better gift for our family. They have horseback riding (Aiden & Ainsleigh did this) , a lazy river, soccer, playground, water slide, splash pad…the list goes on! We even got to make s’mores every night! My grateful heart was just singing!

After staying there for 4 days, we packed up the car and headed to San Antonio! The first day we did the Alamo and that evening on the riverwalk!

Here are a few pics from this portion of our time!

photo photo-38edit.jpg

photo photo-43edit.jpg

photo _MG_0011edit.jpg

photo photo-46edit.jpg

September 12, 2013

1. Karly Gomez

September 12th, 2013 at 12:20 am

Oh this makes me miss Texas so so much! I lived in San Antonio during and after my time in the Air Force and I want to move back so badly, but my husband's job here in Phoenix is providing us with more than double what we would make anywhere else, so we're stuck here for now. I used to work on the Riverwalk…practically LIVED on the Riverwalk. So many memories…

2. CaseyWiegand

September 12th, 2013 at 12:25 am

oh LOVE ,this makes me smile… San Antonio is seriously my favorite!!

3. Deirdre

September 12th, 2013 at 12:20 am

What a day – sun kissed smiles all around! You take great photos!

4. CaseyWiegand

September 12th, 2013 at 12:25 am

thank you so much love!!! xoxo!

5. Shannon Haas

September 12th, 2013 at 12:30 am

Vacation always ends too soon 🙂 So glad you and your family got some time away together- it looks like you could not have had a better time!
    XO- Shannon

6. CaseyWiegand

September 12th, 2013 at 12:35 am

SO TRUE, IT TRULY DOES!!!!!

7. Janna Fuchs

September 12th, 2013 at 12:37 am

When did ya'll go? Looks like the perfect time with no people at the Alamo and no one on the boat tour! We love the riverwalk!

8. CaseyWiegand

September 12th, 2013 at 12:42 am

I know!!! We just went this last week and seriously everywhere we went (even sea world) was EMPTY!!! I guess everyone is back in school maybe?!

9. Cori @ Everyday Enchanted

September 12th, 2013 at 12:38 am

I love San Antonio! We went for the first time back in March, and I fell in love with the city! I can't wait to go back. Sounds you like a wonderful trip!

10. CaseyWiegand

September 12th, 2013 at 12:42 am

awwww I feel the same way!!!

11. Janna Fuchs

September 12th, 2013 at 12:39 am

When did ya'll go? Looks like the perfect time with no one at the Alamo and no one on the boat tour! We love the riverwalk! 🙂

12. Cori @ Everyday Enchanted

September 12th, 2013 at 12:39 am

13. Courtney

September 12th, 2013 at 12:42 am

Hi friend! This looks amazing!! I would love your personal opinion on living in texas! We are most likely going to be moving there next summer when our lease is up. Either Dallas, Austin or San Antonio area. Can you please let me know good places to raise our babies? Everyone keeps talking about The Texas Hill Country! You can email me too! maddynbella@gmail.com

Beautiful family…so glad you guys got time away!!! xoxoxoxo

14. CaseyWiegand

September 12th, 2013 at 12:45 am

ahhhh are you serious?!? I have wanted to meet you for so long!!! I honestly think you will LOVE Texas! A ton of southern hospitality and kind people! I think Dallas is amazing but of course I am partial, I have lived here my whole life!!!

15. Courtney

September 12th, 2013 at 12:45 am

Hi friend!!! I wanted to get your opinion in Texas! We are most likely moving there next summer when our lease is up! We are thinking of Austin or Dallas…would love your feedback! We will be visiting early next year to check it all out! You can also email me at maddynbella@gmail.com Would love your thoughts!! xoxoxoxoxo

16. Christy

September 12th, 2013 at 1:27 am

I remember going to The Alamo (11 years ago) and being disappointed by it having a roof and being built up. I had wanted it to be out in the open and raw like I pictured it. Still so cool though!

17. CaseyWiegand

September 12th, 2013 at 2:27 am

girl, I was shocked at how small it was !!!!

18. Marta Vodrey

September 12th, 2013 at 1:52 am

Looks like a fabulous trip – perfect getaway for all of you!

.:Marta:.

19. CaseyWiegand

September 12th, 2013 at 2:28 am

thank you love!!!

20. tmack

September 12th, 2013 at 2:38 am

Some of my favorite places. Your family is so beautiful in them too! We used to live in that part of texas 🙂 Glad you got to enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

21. Abby

September 12th, 2013 at 2:39 am

Yay San Antonio, we live here and I hate to admit this but I've never taken one of those boat rides on the Riverwalk 🙂 Great photos!

22. KelBel

September 12th, 2013 at 2:44 am

Oh my goodness, we love vacationing in San Antonio! Did you guys get to go to New Braunfels?

23. Franchesca

September 12th, 2013 at 3:25 am

Oh how fun!!! I am always looking for new places to go with little ones. This seems like a blast! We are only two hours from this place, I didn't even know it existed!!

beautiful pictures, as always!!

24. Lesley

September 12th, 2013 at 10:30 am

ainsleigh on that horse. too.much. so glad you had a restorative getaway with your family in beautiful texas! i'm sure it was the best medicine.

25. Jennifer P.

September 12th, 2013 at 10:47 am

Yea, Central Texas! I went to school in Austin and would frequently drive to San Antonio for a quick getaway. There's just so much to do and see in both cities. You captured some really beautiful images in areas that are very special. Glad you had such a wonderful trip!
    jenn, muchtomydelight.com

26. Bridget

September 12th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

i just want to squish apple's face. she is SO ADORABLE.

27. katie_shannon

September 12th, 2013 at 2:36 pm

My dad lives in San Antonio, I've visited the RiverWalk twice and just love it

September 12th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Sounds (and looks) like a lovely family outing. Glad you all enjoyed your time together 🙂

~ Noelani

September 12th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I've never been there but these pictures look fabulous! I'm so happy you've had some time to spend with your family. That's always so refreshing!

30. Shio Waline

September 12th, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I just adored looking through all these!! Your children are just so darling!! So happy to hear that you had such an amazing trip!! I have to admit, those pics of Apple made me a bit "baby hungry" 😉 Blessings!! xoxo!

31. Nirupama

September 13th, 2013 at 5:40 am

baby hungry, lol!

September 13th, 2013 at 2:51 am

Boy, I sure love all of these pictures! So glad you had such a wonderful trip! 🙂

33. Nirupama

September 13th, 2013 at 5:40 am

We go to the Hill Country resort outside of San Antonio every few months and just love it too. It is kind of like a twin of Lost Pines. We actually live closer to Lost Pines, but that place has become our own. The smell of woodsmoke there just settles my soul.

34. Hena Tayeb

September 16th, 2013 at 1:16 am

What a gorgeous family and great pictures.. we were in San Antonio Labor Day weekend.. day tripping after some family time in Houston.