zoo day.

photo photo3editpost.jpg

photo photo8editpost.jpg

photo IMG_0086edit.jpg

photo photo5editpost.jpg

photo photo4edit-1.jpg

photo photo7editpost.jpg

We have passes to the Dallas Zoo and absolutely LOVE spending the day there. Ains wakes up every morning and the first thing she asks is if she can go to the zoo. We have taught Aiden and Ains if they want something to say, “May I ________ please?” So every morning it is… “May I go to the zoo please?!”

The cutest :).

I loved looking back through the pictures that I grabbed when we went last week. I can actually see through photos how much these three missed Chris while he was gone. He has been traveling for work since he got back from AB so this was the first week we really got to enjoy him being here!

When I used to teach there was this precious little guy that I taught at my school and then he would come over to A Little Artsy for after-school art and I would teach him again. His life-love was cars. I mean seriously he carried as many as he could in his pockets, he wanted to draw them, talk about them…you get the idea ;)….anyways for Aiden, that is animals. Reptiles, sharks, snakes…you name it, he loves it, wants to learn about it, own it, hold it, watch it.

So the zoo is his heaven :).

side note- Ainsleigh’s hair is getting curly! Be still my heart!

August 28, 2013

1. Yellow Finch

August 28th, 2013 at 2:19 am

aiden reminds me a bit of my jonas. so much love for animals! they are soft souls those little children.

2. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 2:22 am

aw that is so sweet 🙂 they truly are such soft souls!!! hugs friend!

3. Angelina Kostenko

August 28th, 2013 at 2:41 am

You should try to get your daughter into modeling! She has an adorable face.

-Angelina

4. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 2:43 am

you are so sweet 🙂 thank you

5. Carly // This Is My Story.

August 28th, 2013 at 2:45 am

I love Aiden's little tongue sticking out. My Gunner does the same thing when he's really focused.

We LOVE the Dallas zoo too.

6. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 2:49 am

aw Aiden has done that since he was so tiny!!! and Apple does it too!! You were on my heart the other day love, I hope all is well! xoxo

7. brittany

August 28th, 2013 at 3:24 am

most precious family ever 🙂 i took my little bunny to the zoo last week for the first time and she loved it! but i think i loved it more because i was just so excited!!

8. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 3:28 am

aww that makes me smile! I cant tell you how many times i have wished we were neighbors so our girls could play!

9. gracelovesiggy

August 28th, 2013 at 3:43 am

i really want to take the kids to the zoo but i'm waiting for summer to be over because every time i've gone in the summer to the l.a zoo all the animals are panting in the shade because it's so hot haha. i prefer the san diego one because there is always a breeze so the animals are usually more active but my husband says that the kids will start with their specific demands soon enough so to stick with l.a for now lol

10. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 3:44 am

I LOVE the san diego zoo!!! we just went when I was out there this summer!!!!

11. Karly Gomez

August 28th, 2013 at 4:25 am

So glad I'm not the only one who has taught her kids to say "May I…"
    Manners are so important and so forgotten these days it seems!

12. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

aw it truly is so important!!!

13. Monica Swanson

August 28th, 2013 at 8:55 am

Awesome! It's funny how kids are naturally drawn to things…Each of my four boys has had a different obsession in their toddler years. #4 is FULLY TRACTORS-and it just cracks us up b/c it is so clearly his own thing.
    All of you are beautiful!

14. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 12:49 pm

that is the cutest ever my friend!!!

15. Angie

August 28th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

My son's life love is cars too. He is constantly turning everything in the house into a car. He drives clothes baskets, remotes, phone books, you name it, he drives it.

I saw that curly hair…just adorable!

16. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 12:49 pm

ahhhh LOVE!!!!!

August 28th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

what an amazing adventure. it looks like you guys had a fabulous time! i wish we could get to the zoo more often… it's just too hot in Miami. hopefully when it cools down we'll get a chance to go. i do wanted to ask you about your photos… they're amazing! how do you edit them?

18. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 1:31 pm

You are so sweet thank you!!!! I use photoshop actions!!! This is my fav action set and you can download it for free!!

19. Christiana Marie

August 28th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I LOVE the Dallas Zoo! So many fun memories there. I'm loving their little running shoes. I seriously can't wait to have kids, your blog makes me even more excited!

20. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

aw you just made me smile so big!!!

August 28th, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I love the Dallas Zoo. I love how it has evolved in the over 30 years I have lived here. I also like how some things are the same as it was when i was child a went there. My mister has been out of town and our three daughters and I miss him terribly.

22. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 4:44 pm

have you fed the giraffes?? that is my favorite part!!

23. Catherine Gacad

August 28th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

My husband and I are fanatical about animals. Would love to check out this place one day.

24. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 11:32 pm

You will love it!!!

25. Chelsea Oliver

August 28th, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I love the zoo! I go every chance I get, even though I don't have the "excuse" of going for the kids. I just love seeing the animals, Aiden and I would be friends haha. You capture your little family so perfectly through pictures too. You can really tell how much your littles love you and daddy. Such a beautiful family!

-Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

26. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 11:32 pm

aw thank you love! that means a ton!

27. Shayna Carter

August 28th, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I noticed her little curls immediately. 🙂 I love how you nurture each of your babies personalities and encourage them to blossom- it is one of the most inspiring qualities you have taught this first time mama.

28. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 11:33 pm

this is the sweetest ever & means more than you know, thank you so so much

29. Anne Hill

August 28th, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Can't wait for my little guy to be zoo going age! So cute they politely ask each morning. What sweethearts!

30. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 11:33 pm

love! xoxo

31. 6HartsforHim

August 28th, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Love the first photo! And Aiden's close up?!? SO SWEET!!! Such a beautiful family!

32. CaseyWiegand

August 28th, 2013 at 11:33 pm

thank you so much love!

August 29th, 2013 at 2:20 am

Precious as always. 🙂 Wish my hair was getting curly! 😉

34. christina

August 29th, 2013 at 4:26 pm

we went to the zoo this summer. the kc zoo is unfortunately not that great lol… so our son was crying that the "walking was taking forever!" lol. so glad your kiddos enjoyed it 🙂

35. Marta Vodrey

August 29th, 2013 at 8:03 pm

What an amazing family outing! Your shorts and headband in that pic are so rad. Love..but you all have great style!

.:Marta:.

36. Marta Vodrey

August 29th, 2013 at 8:04 pm

What an awesome family outing! Your shorts and headband in that shot above are so rad…but really, your whole family has awesome style!

.:Marta:.

37. Janice Armstrong

August 30th, 2013 at 12:24 am

I am a newbie blogger although have followed your blog for a while now…I found myself looking up cake pop recipes on Little Miss Momma, you had a guest post there about losing a baby which just met me at a perfect time and put into words a lot of feelings I had suppressed. I had 2 consecutive miscarriages a year before (and a 3rd gorgeous girl to follow) but had not really processed the loss or allowed myself the grief. I have loved your down to earth nature and honesty in your blog and wish you and your family all God's blessings as you touch people through your little space here.

September 3rd, 2013 at 5:14 pm

While taking a break, I hopped on to see the beautiful Wiegands fam in action. I love your blog, it is so warm and inviting. So I'm perusing the photos and then I'm stopped dead in my tracks and find myself locked in a momentary trance…Aiden's eyes. They made my morning that much brighter. God bless you all.

September 3rd, 2013 at 5:14 pm