my heartbeats.

photo _MG_0036edit.jpg

photo Untitled-1-1.jpg

My heartbeats.
Spending the day with them on Sunday was all I could ever ask for or dream of.

I shared some thoughts on motherhood on Friday in honor of mother’s day but had something hard pressed on my heart.

Sunday morning at church we were running late so we sat on the second row… which we don’t normally do.

There are two places near the front where people can come up and kneel during worship… a place to come lay your burdens down. Our pastor is so wonderful and he said that he wanted to celebrate the mamas but also wanted to acknowledge and be sensitive to those who are desperately longing to be mothers.

He prayed that the desires of these hearts would be met…whether it be in their own womb or in another’s womb through adoption.

And as I sat on the second row and saw women come up and kneel with tears streaming… my heart ached & tears fell. I have a few very dear friends in this place right now and it’s such a heartbreaking season.

To the mamas.
and the mamas to be.

You were each celebrated & prayed for this Sunday.

photo _MG_0030edit.jpg

photo _MG_0071edit.jpg

photo _MG_0023edit.jpg

photo _MG_0007edit.jpg

photo _MG_0041edit.jpg

kid’s clothes c/o: the printed palette // ainsleigh headband c/o: just dawnelle //
apple headband c/o: lemons & lace

May 15, 2013

May 15th, 2013 at 2:42 am

Just beautiful — kiddos, setting, clothes, words!!! Glad you had such a wonderful and blessed day! πŸ™‚ Hugs, friend! πŸ™‚

2. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

thank you so much sweet friend!!! love you!

3. saturated canary

May 15th, 2013 at 3:10 am

love your photos…the one with Aiden and Ainsleigh walking hand in hand…just so sweet.
    your heart is always breaking for others~ that is really a beautiful thing about you, Casey.
    x

4. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

aw friend I love you so much! thank you!

5. Erika

May 15th, 2013 at 3:13 am

Beautiful post:) You have a such a gift with words.

6. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

thank you so much love, that means a lot!

7. Elizabeth Shideler

May 15th, 2013 at 3:14 am

There are reasons only known to The Lord why some righteous women aren't able to bear children in this life. But those blessings will not be withheld from them. They will have children, if not in this life, then in the next. But our call to nurture and mother children is not limited to our own flesh and blood. There are many around us who need the influence of a mother. A mother is not just a woman who bears a child, though it is certainly that. It is our inherent right and divine traits given to us from our Heavenly Father. It's part of our identity. I hope those women know that they are still mothers and the opportunity to mother is all around them.

8. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I am going to show this to a dear friend of mine, xoxo

9. Indisposable Mama

May 15th, 2013 at 3:47 am

I am totally with you! It took us four years to conceive our first, and for awhile I really didn't believe it would ever happen. And now every Mother's Day, in the midst of celebrating the three little miracles I have, I find myself blinking back tears because I remember those years, and I know that while they are my past, they are the present and the future for others.

10. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

so beautiful from someone who has been there, xoxo

11. Kristin

May 15th, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Indisposable mama – your words give me hope.

12. Amy

May 15th, 2013 at 4:27 am

My heart ached for those women as well. I am thankful that this world of blogging has opened my eyes to the heart ache of miscarriage and infertility. Praying for these women! Thankful that Jesus is the king of comfort.

13. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Me too friend. My eyes have been so opened over the past couple years and its such a heavy spot hard pressed. Praying too friend! xoxo

14. Ladies in Navy

May 15th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

what a sweet beautiful family you have. very blessed. thank you for sharing this story.
    kw ladies in navy
    enter our giveaway!

15. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

thank you so so much!! xoxo

16. Stephanie McDonnell

May 15th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Precious. I'm glad you had a wonderful mothers day. I can't believe how big those babes are getting!

NewlyMynted

17. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I KNOW!!!! I seriously feel like they are growing faster than ever before!!!!! Love you friend!!

18. Sandy a la Mode

May 15th, 2013 at 1:57 pm

your kids are the absolute cutest!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

19. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

you are always the sweetest friend !! xoxo

20. Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography*

May 15th, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Apple's smile in the next to last photo is so sweet. Beautiful babies!! πŸ™‚

21. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

awww thank you so so much!!!

22. Lins - Domesticated Working Woman

May 15th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I have been off birth control since January. And I know my story is nothing in comparison to other people's, but I can't help but wonder why I haven't gotten pregnant yet. I worry that perhaps something is wrong. I wonder if and when I will find out and how God will fix it. I pray that He desires for me to have a baby because I so badly want to be a mother. And, perhaps its a selfish desire, but I so badly want to carry my own baby. Thank you for praying.

23. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 4:18 pm

oh friend. I am praying right now

24. Heather K.

May 15th, 2013 at 5:11 pm

My friend posted something about "why mother's day is hard for me" kind of post and it was the first time in my life that the thought of those women who long for babies , have had miscarriages or are wanting to adopt, ever crossed my mind. I've thought of the women and girls who've lost their mommy's but not of the women who want to be mommy's.

I read through post after post and my heart, too, aches. I'm praying for those ladies out there and even the single ones like myself, who may be longing for a baby or motherhood. It's a great and beautiful day with so many other reminders that many don't consider.

25. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 8:10 pm

beautifully said friend

26. Kristin

May 15th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Since I can remember, I knew I always wanted to be a mama. We have been trying since October with no luck. My body aches for a baby. I never thought this would happen to me. I just can't seem to understand why. I keep asking that question. Why? Hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you for praying<3.

27. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I am praying so much sweet sister

28. misty

May 15th, 2013 at 6:30 pm

what sweet babies and what blessed parents y'all are.
    i cannot even imagine the feelings of loss that come with infertility.
    i'm trying my hardest not to get pregnant at the moment.
    but then again, God's will be done, not mine.
    and why is it so hard to understand that sometimes?

hope everything is going well with your precious family!

29. CaseyWiegand

May 15th, 2013 at 8:10 pm

30. β™₯ CheChe

May 15th, 2013 at 8:10 pm

AW… tears AGAIN! I am single and I've said this numerous times but your blog has and always does encourage my hearts desire to have little ones to love and raise up in the ways of the Lord someday. It's refreshing and blessing each time i have time to stop by here. You really changed my perspective of raising kids in this dark world with how bright your love shines in each one of their faces.. so precious

β™₯CheChe

31. CaseyWiegand

May 16th, 2013 at 12:49 am

awww friend, you are so amazing and such a blessing, thank you for being so so kind to me

32. Pidg

May 15th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Oh my heart aches for those women. I was a girl who never wanted kids then after the first was blessed with five more. I am grateful everyday. Your babies are so beautiful, you always capture their life and their individual personalities in your photographs…oh, just love..

33. CaseyWiegand

May 16th, 2013 at 12:49 am

aw thank you SO much!!!!

34. Cara Howard

May 15th, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Oh my goodness gracious – so sweet. Ainsleigh's crown with that shirt and leggings and her rainboots! And Apple's headband! AH to die for. xo

35. CaseyWiegand

May 16th, 2013 at 12:50 am

awww you are always the sweetest ever πŸ™‚

36. Agnes Mayer

May 15th, 2013 at 10:45 pm

That is such a beautiful post. It is so hard to be a mother and to know how many women struggle to become one. I hope that someday their prayers are answered.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

37. CaseyWiegand

May 16th, 2013 at 12:50 am

me too sweet friend

38. Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too!

May 17th, 2013 at 8:24 pm

They are so cute and getting so big!

39. Darcel {MahoganyWayMama}

May 17th, 2013 at 9:57 pm

This is a beautiful post. I can only imagine what it must feel like to struggle with infertility.

40. Rachael

May 18th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Oh those photos of your kids are just beautiful! And what a thoughtful post. I'm not a mother myself, but I do know many who have struggled on their journey to become one and I was thinking of them on Mother's Day too. I cannot imagine how hard it must be. Your blog is so encouraging:)

41. Shio Waline

May 22nd, 2013 at 8:17 am

Casey, you are just beautiful! I always find comfort in your words and how beautifully written they are! You truly have thee sweetest spirit and love for others! Thank for sharing this message πŸ™‚ Plus these photos make it that much more lovely! Being a momma truly is a blessing, and I am thankful everyday that the Lord has blessed me with each one of my kids! πŸ™‚

xoxo,