Wendy’s Love. What was it about?

photo IMG_0150edit.jpg

You *might** be wondering what in the world I was doing with Wendy’s recently and I am so excited today to finally spill the beans. They contacted me and asked if I would be interested in being a quick mini film about coming up to the headquarters, meeting three other bloggers and taste testing their new sandwich coming out. The footage will be used in some of their digital marketing, banners, social media and on their youtube page!
(the finished film is at the bottom of the post)

This new sandwich is a whole new route for Wendy’s! It is a flat bread sandwich, no preservatives, no MSG, natural cheese made with only four ingredients, spring mix and the chicken is Farm-raised, cage-free chicken breast marinated in sea salt, onion & garlic.  Wendy’s is getting an all-around store update! On top of innovating their food, Wendy’s is also renovating their restaurants to serve great food like this.

As you know I just finished the 21 days of clean eating and decided we would take on the 70/ 30 rule and be more intentional with what goes into our bodies. When they called, I was so intrigued and also so excited! Wendy’s has been a favorite of my family’s for years and I was just so humbled with this opportunity. I wasn’t sure what the sandwiches would be, I just knew that they would be different….. and of course delicious

I also learned a lot about Wendy’s while I was there. None of their food items have any preservatives or MSG and their famous Frosty’s are gluten free! All news to me!

In case you are wondering *what* the new sandwich is (one new sandwich with 2 different variations/flavors.), the names are Asiago Ranch Flatbread Grilled Chicken Sandwich & the Smoky Honey Mustard Flatbread Grilled Chicken Sandwich. (a little heads up… TwEATfor1k is a contest they will have running during the campaign to encourage you to try the sandwiches! All you have to do is tweet a picture of the sandwich, include both #twEATfor1k and @wendys and they are giving away $1k per day!)

I am not just saying this, if they had brought these two sandwiches out to me on a nice plate with sweet potato chips and a slice of pickle I would have thought no question it was from a high- end deli….never in a million years Wendy’s! They were both incredibly delicious and I know will be a huge hit. I know for me personally sometimes I want to grab a sandwich when we are out for the day but going through a drive through is more convenient so this is the first time it is the best of both worlds! Plus you can in the pictures below…these sandwiches have big sliced tomatoes, spring greens, incredible bread- it doesn’t feel like fast food at all. I also love that bread is a flat bread that I could eat fast on the go without lettuce and chicken spilling out everywhere!

The entire experience was incredible. Everyone was so amazing and so kind to us.

We got to see all the ins and outs from the beautiful modern sitting areas to the test kitchens to the rooms where people come in and evaluate their food. All so cool !

It was truly an honor Wendy’s! Thank you for letting me be a part!

I will have a post soon about all of the filming and the girls! Plus more pictures!!

In the meantime… check out the film below!

photo IMG_0131edit.jpg

photo IMG_0050edit.jpg

photo IMG_0126edit.jpg

photo IMG_0137edit.jpg

Full Disclosure: This post and the travel mentioned herein was sponsored by Wendy’s,
though all opinions expressed are my own.

April 2, 2013

1. Kylie Kreikemeier

April 2nd, 2013 at 5:02 am

Soooo awesome Casey!

2. Abi' K.

April 2nd, 2013 at 5:03 am

You are so dang cute!!! Loved it! and Love Wendy's it has always been my fav! Can't wait to try!!!

3. Christina Pratt

April 2nd, 2013 at 5:06 am

Wendy's was a big help for me when we roadtripped from WA to CA last Thanksgiving. I had recently gone soy & dairy free for my son and could you believe it I can eat nearly anything I want (sans mayo & cheese on the burgers) and be within those rules! It was a big miracle as we did so much eating on the road and its still nice to know we need a quick bite, lets go to Wendy's so mommy can eat too! And my goodness the frosty is gluten free that is great as we are moving onto introducing solids its looking like we are adding gluten free to our list of free foods for baby.

4. Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter

April 2nd, 2013 at 5:07 am

So glad you finally got to spill the beans! I've been so intrigued with this series… since I live right in Dublin. I wish I would have thought to arrange to meet you! Duh, I am so bummed! Anyway, it was really fun to see what you gals were up to! What a fun opportunity. (I would honestly love to know more about it. Since I live here, I'd love to work with Wendy's. If you have a second, maybe I could ask you a quick question about your contact person's info). Great job girl! Hope you enjoyed your visit!

5. CaseyWiegand

April 2nd, 2013 at 5:14 am

email me!! casey@caseywiegand.com xoxo

6. Leigh

April 2nd, 2013 at 5:38 am

Casey that's so awesome. I can't wait to try it. I'm so glad there a fast healthy option.

7. Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary

April 2nd, 2013 at 5:39 am

Oh my gosh! Amazing! So proud of ya!

April 2nd, 2013 at 5:46 am

Oh my gosh! I just had this sandwich today. What a coincidence! What a great opportunity for you. How fun!

9. Amanda @ Red Barn Candle Company

April 2nd, 2013 at 12:01 pm

This is so FUN! I can't wait to try that new yumminess! πŸ˜‰

XO~

Amanda

10. Natalia Lynn

April 2nd, 2013 at 12:18 pm

That video is really good! So cute! I love how they have all the bloggers walking into wedny's like some kind of mafia, so funny! It looks like an excellent sandwich, can't wait to give it a try!

April 2nd, 2013 at 12:25 pm

How exciting! I love that the sandwich is made with such whole ingredients, down to the chicken; it's nice to know that Wendy's cares, you know? AND OMG YOU ARE TOO CUTE!

12. brittany

April 2nd, 2013 at 12:51 pm

what an awesome opportunity for you! the video turned out great!!

April 2nd, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I hope they come out with the sandwich in Canada too! This was so fun to watch, you are such a beauty!

14. Aline@TamedMusings

April 2nd, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I love Wendy's frosty!! Now I have to go get a sandwich πŸ™‚

15. thechattymommy

April 2nd, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Loved it! Great job!

16. Laurie Tester

April 2nd, 2013 at 1:27 pm

That's awesome! I can't wait to try those sandwiches!
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

17. Amanda Reed

April 2nd, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Well now I can't wait to go try one! And grab a GF frosty while I'm at it. What a fun experience, Casey!

18. 17 Perth

April 2nd, 2013 at 1:54 pm

So glad to hear that fast food is "cleaning up" their act! Good for wendy's and congrats to you! Can't wait to try it!

19. Marcy

April 2nd, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Such smart marketing on Wendy's part to find you cute girls to spread the word. You Wiegands are always doing the coolest things! Hugs, sweet friend.

20. Marcy

April 2nd, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Such smart marketing from Wendy's to find you cute girls to spread the word. You Wiegand's are always doing such neat and fun stuff. Hugs, sweet friend.

April 2nd, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Awesome job ladies, and yay Casey! What an opportunity. It looks delicious, and I'm so glad that Wendy's is taking the food movement seriously and trying to have awesome fast healthy choices for us people on the go. πŸ™‚ and you looked GREAT! duh. πŸ™‚

22. Donna

April 2nd, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Casey – when is this product going to be available? I'm dying to try one! This is a very classy video….well done, Wendy's!

It was nice to actually watch you speak [I think it's important to put a blogger's words with a voice]…you are so beautiful and poised, with such an expressive personality, yet with a refinement that is very graceful.

23. CaseyWiegand

April 3rd, 2013 at 3:13 am

You are so so so sweet to me, that means so much!!! Truly. And they are available now!!!

24. Donna

April 2nd, 2013 at 3:05 pm

ps. I have always loved Wendy's salads…to me, they're among the best out there in the fast food world. I'm not surprised that they would come up with this amazing chicken sandwich. I can see myself gravitating to it time and again when I'm out and want a quick bite. Thanks for giving it your stamp of approval. πŸ™‚

25. Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography*

April 2nd, 2013 at 3:53 pm

You are awesome! πŸ™‚

26. GiGi

April 2nd, 2013 at 6:38 pm

How great!!! Can't wait to try the sandwich now πŸ™‚
    Xoxo

27. vanessa aleji

April 2nd, 2013 at 9:13 pm

They closed the Wendy's near me about ten years ago, and I still drive 15 miles each way to eat there a couple times a month. I hope they open one closer to me, so I can justify eating there more often. That flatbread chicken sandwich looks AMAZING! Y'all did a great job, and Wendy's took a risk by having y'all critique them! I think that in itself is pretty cool.

28. Brandon and Kirsten Ekstrom

April 2nd, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Bah! The video is so good. I was cracking up with the whole, 'slow motion walking into the headquarters'…. all that was missing were some 'superwoman-bloggger capes'. πŸ™‚ How fun! Good job Casey! And I 2nd what others have said, its so fun to see you on video, Casey-3D. πŸ™‚

29. Grace Inman

April 2nd, 2013 at 10:05 pm

That is so cool! Thank you for the awesome review! You looked and sounded amazing πŸ™‚ I can't wait to try the new flatbread out!

30. Jess

April 3rd, 2013 at 4:07 am

Yup, I would totally eat this! Wendys is really smart for making use of the awesome blogging community- if not for this, I probably would never have heard of theses sandwiches, because I don`t watch TV commercials!

Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

31. Ruthie Hart

April 3rd, 2013 at 1:01 pm

This was so fun to watch Casey! What a cool opportunity for you…and I am sitting here wanting bacon!!!!!!!

32. Sippy Cups and Pearls

April 3rd, 2013 at 5:31 pm

so cool to watch and…TASTY lookin too! πŸ™‚ you did a great job on film by the way πŸ™‚

33. Amanda Witte

April 4th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I tried this sandwich today after reading your review – very good!:)

34. Nuria PΓ©rez

April 5th, 2013 at 8:15 am

If all fast foods would take this turn! Way to go Casey! You look super cute in the video! πŸ™‚

35. Nuria PΓ©rez

April 5th, 2013 at 8:16 am

If all fast foods would take this turn! Way to go Casey, you look super cute in the video! πŸ™‚

36. http://mylittlehappies.blogspot.com

April 5th, 2013 at 10:05 am

That was GREAT! Congrats! I have always loved Wendy's (even though I'm not really a fast food girl) and watching this made me very hungry!!! πŸ™‚

37. Cassie Marshall

April 18th, 2013 at 4:07 am

Interesting! Good to know, might change my negativity towards fast food!

Β© CaseyLeigh 2019  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  |