Family Easter.

photo IMG_0607edit.jpg

photo IMG_0617edit.jpg

photo collage02.jpg

photo IMG_0621edit.jpg

photo _MG_0378edit.jpg

photo IMG_0615edit.jpg

Matching headbands c/o: CrochetSavy    //  Ainsleigh leggings c/o: mason and the tambourine

Casey tank c/o: Printed Palette  //  Casey Vest c/o: Impeccable Pig

(Code is Caseyleigh & it’s 15% off entire purchase from CrochetSavy)

We had such a lovely Easter weekend with family! We went to our church Easter egg hunt, had family over for food, dyed eggs, caught worms, made cookies and just enjoyed time together.

I say *caught* worms but we actually bought them at the store, surprised Aiden with them, let him play with them and then let them go. They were destined to be fish food and got to be free! My little man adores critters and creatures of any kind and so his worm surprise was a huge hit to say the least! This warm weather here in Texas has me smitten… I love so much to be outside and am such a “warm weather girl” that the past few nights we have been outside until the very last minute possible! Yesterday the sun was setting and we still had sidewalk chalk on our toes and sunscreen on our backs.

I am heading to NYC this Thursday and am *hoping* that it isn’t freezing!
Anyone have a favorite spot that I should put on my to do list??

April 3, 2013

1. Mary Beth // Annapolis

April 3rd, 2013 at 3:19 am

The kids are just beautiful, Casey!!! Family holidays are just the best, no? 🙂 And have fun in NYC!!!!! Never been to sightsee, or else I would tell you my favorite place. I will go someday, though!

2. Emily

April 3rd, 2013 at 3:25 am

The Highline is a must if the weather is good! Also, we tried the rice pudding at Rice to Riches on our last trip up there after seeing it on Rockstar Diaries, and it was well worth it! you should definitely go if you are in Nolita! …and also Eataly, and La Churreria for churros, and Brooklyn Ice cream factory at the base of the Brooklyn bridge (also if the weather is good) Well honestly all my advice is food related, hah, sorry 🙂

3. CaseyWiegand

April 3rd, 2013 at 3:27 am

a girl after my own heart 😉 !!! I think Eataly was on my list! yay, thank you for the suggestions!!

4. Liz Luscomb

April 3rd, 2013 at 3:29 am

I LOVE NYC!! Go to Katz's Delicatessen for an awesome sandwich. Plus, you know that movie, When Harry Met Sally? Mmmm hmmm… a scene was filmed there! Check it out.

5. Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip

April 3rd, 2013 at 3:42 am

Oh my… adore these pics! Can not WAIT for our playdates to start! EEEEeeeeeeee!!!! 1 1/2 weeks!!! 🙂
    love you!

6. Jess

April 3rd, 2013 at 4:04 am

Your family is beautiful Casey 🙂

Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

7. JanM ♥

April 3rd, 2013 at 4:46 am

Such great pictures! And I am really loving that vest! 🙂

xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

8. Brittany Jean

April 3rd, 2013 at 5:02 am

Your family is just adorable!! Happy Easter :).

9. Chelsea Oliver

April 3rd, 2013 at 6:11 am

These pictures are so beautiful! What a great way to spend Easter – just surrounded by family! Sounds perfect.

-Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

10. Because of Jackie

April 3rd, 2013 at 12:01 pm

These pictures are adorable! They capture what is best about life…children and family and fun activities. Love the patterns and textures and floral headbands on all you ladies:) And my son is a creature lover as well….goodness gracious boys are precious!

11. Embrace the Bounty

April 3rd, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Brooklyn Bridge Park in Dumbo is fantastic!

12. Liz

April 3rd, 2013 at 12:44 pm

love the pics! i adore ains' dress. so cute! 🙂 have fun in NYC!

13. thechattymommy

April 3rd, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I live on Long Island and as for the weather in NYC, girlfriend- it is cold! We have about 40 to mid 40s this week. Too bad you are not coming next week! We are supposed to get up to the 60s.
    As for recommendations- I want to get to the lego store. But, maybe you should save that for when you come with the kiddos!
    Have a great trip.

14. Nicole Depies

April 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I'm a warm weather girl stuck in a cold Wisconsin world — for some reason my husband won't leave 🙂 I'm jealous of your sunlight and sunscreen! Your Easter looked beautiful.

Enjoy NYC!

April 3rd, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I love that you bought fishing bait worms and set them free! (Isn't that kind of symbolic, considering the nature of our Easter holiday and all it means?) I should do that with my son- he'd love it so much.

16. Stephanie Burnham

April 3rd, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I live here in NYC, and I have some secret little hidden gems that I love…off the beaten path and less touristy so you get a good idea of what life is like when you live here 🙂 For good eats in the city, try Grape and Grain on 6th St in Alphabet City for wine, cheese, apps and a cute atmosphere. I would also recommend Gruppo pizza (the Big Pineapple is amazeballz). My favorite brunch spot is a place called Joe Doe near Houston on 1st street. In Williamsburg, 5 Leaves Cafe is awesome for brunch/lunch/dinner. For things to do/see it's really your call. The 9/11 Memorial is pretty breathtaking, all the parks, and of course as someone mentioned above…the Highline. On a beautiful day, this will give you some amazing pictures. Hope that helps!

17. {annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four

April 3rd, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Great pictures! The worm hunt sounds like so much fun! About that hammock….how far apart is it hung? It looks like it stretches a long way…wanting one for our back yard but didnt know how much room I need. Love that pic with Ains' hand on Aidens face….ohhhhh! So precious!

18. CaseyWiegand

April 3rd, 2013 at 4:01 pm

hi beautiful friend!!!! it is 8 feet between!!! love! xoxo

19. Heather Clear

April 3rd, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I don't have any tips or places for NYC, as I've never been.. but wanted to say that your pics always make me smile. Your kiddos are adorable and their hearts shine through their smiles!
    Praying for safe travels and great experiences that fill your heart with excitement!

20. Heather K.

April 3rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm

What lovely Easter pics. I've never been to NYC, but my sis just got back and she can't wait to go back.

Just curious Casey, but what lens are you shooting with here?

21. CaseyWiegand

April 3rd, 2013 at 4:01 pm

hi love!!! this is the 100 mm lens!!! xoxo!!

22. Kristin

April 3rd, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Serendipity for a frozen hot chocolate! that has always been on my list when I go to NYC but never seem to make it there! 🙂

23. Kristin

April 3rd, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Serendipity for a Frozen Hot Choco!

April 3rd, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Alta in NYC is deeeeeeeeelicious!

25. lorieloo

April 3rd, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Buvette in Greenwich Village. It's off the beaten path, more of a local haunt, best Cappuccino of my life and I still dream about their croissants and crepes. I could have sat there allllll day.

Enjoy! NYC is magic regardless of the weather.

26. Melanie Van Wynsberg

April 3rd, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Aw, your little ones are so precious. The two oldest look like they can be twins. 🙂 I hope your travels to NY go well!

27. Shio Waline

April 3rd, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Beautiful pics!! You have such a great talent for capturing your family's beauty! I love coloring easter eggs, I think I will always love doing that no matter how old I get 🙂

xoxo,
    Shio

28. Agnes Mayer

April 3rd, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Great pictures!!! Looks you like you guys had a fabulous Easter.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

29. AlyciaMealy

April 3rd, 2013 at 8:49 pm

serendipity!

Lovely photos by the way =)

alyciamealy.blogspot.com

30. Heliotrope Tree House

April 3rd, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Lived in NYC for ten years… Moved to an outer borough when my precious daughter was born. Kalustyan's on Lexington Ave. A favorite of mine…Indian Specialty Emporium with all kinds of fruit, nuts, spices…and the MOST delicious homemade food upstairs. A must see, in my humble opinion. Of course, Central Park is just a beautiful, mood-inducing, never-ending supply of inspiration and scenery. Strolling around the West Village where I used to work and visiting Magnolia Bakery (Cupcakes to die for…and the original spot that put cupcakes on the map in the city.) The Vanilla ones…Ooooh, you will love 'em.

31. Aanie @ The Active Mum

April 4th, 2013 at 12:07 am

Beautiful photos and precious memories! We are slowly losing the warm weather over here, will miss it for sure!

32. Kristin IDelights

April 4th, 2013 at 2:16 am

Hi Sweet friend 🙂 I'm so glad to hear you all had such a fun Easter. The pictures are so lovely, and I see baby Apple is growing so fast. Be safe and have a wonderful time in NYC. Can't wait to hear what you are up to next. Lot's of Love xo!

33. Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary

April 4th, 2013 at 3:34 am

oh! that pic of ains and aiden together= too cute for words!

so glad you guys had a great easter!! have fun in NYC! xo

34. saturated canary

April 4th, 2013 at 4:20 pm

love the photo with Ainsleigh's hand on brother's face:). precious<3.

35. http://mylittlehappies.blogspot.com

April 5th, 2013 at 9:59 am

hi casey. let me know if you still want great spots to visit in nyc. 🙂