a window in.

photo IMG_0025edit.jpg

photo IMG_0042edit.jpgI wanted to share this quote from Kelle’s instagram this week because I feel the exact same way when I sit down to edit pictures from the week:

” One of my favorite things about photography: that moment of “church” at my desk when I am editing photos- given the chance to stare at a moment for much longer than it actually lasted. Noticing things that might have been ignored. Seeing the people and things I love with a different perspective. The art of picture-taking has truly made me a more observant, grateful, life-loving human.”

I love this so much and I feel the same way about photography and even blogging. I love revisiting a moment, reading back on a feeling or staring at a picture and what it means to me. It gives you the beautiful chance to appreciate the little things in life and see the beauty in it all.
I love seeing the details and an expression on a little one’s face that in “real time” might have only lasted for a second.

It’s all so lovely.   photo IMG_0255edit.jpg

photo IMG_0286edit.jpg

photo IMG_0201edit.jpg

photo photoedit.jpg

photo IMG_0044edit.jpg

photo IMG_0024edit.jpg

photo IMG_0245edit.jpg

photo IMG_0283edit.jpg

photo IMG_0213edit.jpg

photo IMG_0226edit.jpg

Ainsleigh dress, doll & book : Aiden shirt & Apple Leggings & play mask c/o: Urban Baby

Ains & Apple Moccs c/o: freshly picked
be brave print c/o: Little Light Prints

March 27, 2013

1. Mel

March 27th, 2013 at 12:39 am

Totally AGREE! That's what makes being a 'mama-razzi' so fun.. we can stare transfixed at our lil' darlings for hours after they've gon to sleep. Yours are especially delightful in these shots.. great captures!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest design

2. Liz

March 27th, 2013 at 12:48 am

oh… i love this! pictures can bring back moments that would have otherwise been forgotten. love, love, love…
    ~Liz
    TheQuickJourney.com

3. Jessica @ Little Maple Leaf

March 27th, 2013 at 12:49 am

The photography you post on your blog and instagram is always so beautiful. I really look to you for some inspiration! You actually inspired me to go out & buy a whiteboard! 🙂
    -Jessica

4. Casey Aslan

March 27th, 2013 at 12:56 am

Your family is just so so beautiful! And I love photography for the same reasons!

5. SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth}

March 27th, 2013 at 12:58 am

what's your favorite lens? 🙂

6. CaseyWiegand

March 27th, 2013 at 3:13 am

favorite lens is the 50 mm f/ 1.4 !!!

7. Andiepants

March 27th, 2013 at 12:58 am

Awwww I love that quote too!!! That's why I enjoy pics and blogging too 🙂

love your kiddos! I need more reasons to take pics too!

Andie's Traveling Pants

8. Ashley Baker

March 27th, 2013 at 1:09 am

Love the little girl's little leggings and shoes! You have such pretty girls!
    -Ashley

March 27th, 2013 at 1:36 am

I loved reading that quote, too! 🙂 These pics are to die for! Absolutely adorable!! I love looking at our pictures over and over! 🙂 Casey, you are so blessed! 🙂

10. ℐ.

March 27th, 2013 at 1:48 am

Your children are so adorable and I completely agree with that quote! I love going back and looking at how much my daughter has grown and changed. 🙂

J.

11. Kassie Rew

March 27th, 2013 at 3:44 am

What a lovely quote!

12. gina

March 27th, 2013 at 4:35 am

love that quote and i totally agree. sometimes i snap away so fast that i forget to be in the moment. looking over my photos helps me re-live what i might have missed :).

13. josie renee

March 27th, 2013 at 4:43 am

I love your photography. I just wrote a post about how I desperately need help.

xx
    josie

14. Carly Ragragola

March 27th, 2013 at 5:28 am

These babies make my heart happy. Why does Aiden look like he's 7 and not 4? Happy Birthday boy.

15. Carly Ragragola

March 27th, 2013 at 5:29 am

And thank you for putting the print on here. Hope you love them. XOXO

16. Rachael

March 27th, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I feel the exact same way about photography and blogging, it never feels like work. It brings me pure joy- I love capturing little moments. I love all the photos from this post- just gorgeous! Such adorable kiddos you have:)

17. Mara and Jae

March 27th, 2013 at 3:21 pm

ainsleigh is looking like such a big girl! love all the photos. you always catch them at such great times.

18. The Marcy Stop

March 27th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Aww such amazing photos. Love the light, and your children are adorable
    xL

Win a $300 Shopping Spree!

19. christina

March 27th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

WOW! took the words right out of my mouth. I love photos and photos and more photos. I pull albums out by the season and I love reminiscing those moments!

20. Tiffany

March 28th, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I love your photos – they caputre such feeling and sweetness!

if you want to pop of to my blog and enter my little giveaway – would love to have enter 🙂

xoTiffany

21. toi

March 28th, 2013 at 10:54 pm

i love the quote. i really love photography and photo-documenting is becoming one of my passion.

happy birthday to little Aiden :).

you children are growing so fast, I remember when Ains was born so tiny and already is a beautiful big girl :).

22. hennablossom

March 29th, 2013 at 5:57 am

LOVE that. Yes, I think anything that makes us see the world through new eyes is so wonderful. It can be many things. Taking photos, writing, acting, a language…there is so much in our daily moments isn't there.