raising our tiny ones.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

This past Sunday night I went to this class about raising tiny ones (preschool aged kids) with intention, how to understand them better, and how to teach them at this early age. It was amazing! It is a 4 week class and I cannot wait to just soak in all of the knowledge that it has for me.

I think that speaking and reacting to our babies with intention daily is so important.

We learned a lot about how MUCH of an impact we are having on them in these early years, maybe more than we realize. And how moldable they are right now. We learned that gentleness is so important, but within that structure & discipline.

We learned about their spirits. And how to help cultivate them as little individuals.

just beautiful.

Everyday I am thankful & honored to be entrusted with these sweet little souls. such a gift.

January 23, 2013

1. Vonae Deyshawn

January 23rd, 2013 at 2:59 am

I would love to take a class like that. With my son being 7 1/2 months, I'm always wondering what should I or shouldn't I be doing, saying, responding to. I want him to know that mommy will always be there for him, but also that she has to say no sometimes.

Vonae Ayoub

2. ThistleAshD

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:00 am

It is incredibly humbling to realize you have the ability and gift to cultivate a soul. I don't even think I can wrap my mind fully around it, but it is definitely something to be thankful for. Sounds like a great class!

3. Trรจs bien

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:03 am

That sounds so wonderful! Where are you taking the class? Is it through a school or church?

4. Kendall

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:06 am

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! I wish they had something like that in my area – I'm going to have to check that out!

PS: You're photos are stunning!

5. Franchesca

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:07 am

Sounds like an amazing class! I have heard that the first three years shapes who they will become for the rest of their lives. Scary when you think about it!

6. brooke elyse

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:10 am

beautiful photos… absolutely stunning. you can feel the peace and love and gentleness through them.

thank you so much for this Casey… for your pictures, your words, your example. you are truly an inspiration and I'm thankful that God is working through you to reach me.

brooke elyse

7. Jessica @ jessicaNdesigns

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:11 am

This topic is one that is heavy on my heart! I would love to know if you are using a book or study guide that is available? I would love to read it! Thank you!

8. Nicole @ Pencil Skirts and Noodle Necklaces

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:14 am

What an awesome class!! Even better that it is four weeks long. It will give you time to reflect between each "lesson". Enjoy!

Nicole

9. Lindsey Marlor

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:27 am

love, love, love these.. the lighting is just perfect!!

xo lindsey

10. Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve.

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:49 am

Such beautiful pictures sweet friend!! This class sounds really amazing, I need to take a class like this! I love learning new things that help me teach my kids! ๐Ÿ™‚

11. christina

January 23rd, 2013 at 4:02 am

our kids really are blessings from god and we owe them our best.

12. Carly @ Texas Lovebirds

January 23rd, 2013 at 4:06 am

Sounds like such an amazing class! And you are such a great momma.

Now, where is that quilt from?! I need it in my life.

xo,
    Carly

13. Kelly Westover

January 23rd, 2013 at 4:08 am

Wow. That sounds like an amazing class. Is that offered through your church?

January 23rd, 2013 at 4:21 am

These pictures just melt my heart! Perfect lighting and perfect subjects! ๐Ÿ™‚ I would love to take a class like this as well… Sounds wonderful! Hope you have a blessed night! Hugs from a friend! ๐Ÿ™‚

January 23rd, 2013 at 4:55 am

Such sweet pics! It takes me back to when mine were little. It seemed so much easier then! I'm really struggling with one of my babes (8 yrs) he's so difficult and unkind a lot. My other 2 boys do not act this way and neither do my husband and I! It's so hard to figure out! Only by Gods grace…we need to lean on Him for strength to be the mothers He wants us to be! You have a darling family Casey! May God bless you with this class you are taking!

Heather

16. Anna @ IHOD

January 23rd, 2013 at 8:59 am

I am learning so much with my little ones and becoming more aware of how much they soak in from you. I feel so honored to be their mom, and at the same time its a scary feeling to have their little souls as me and my husband's responsibility! It challenges me to be the best for them:)
    Beautiful post friend! x

January 23rd, 2013 at 9:45 am

beautiful pics xx

18. Aanika Milne

January 23rd, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Beautiful photos.. and so true.. they are tiny for such a short period of time.. we only get one shot at it don't we? Your blog is becoming a daily visit for me Casey! So much love for it!

Aanika

X

19. Hannah

January 23rd, 2013 at 1:23 pm

These words were exactly what my heart needed to read last night… I would love to hear more about how to balance the structure and discipline while still being filled with gentleness. What are you learning along the way? Thank you again for sharing your heart!

20. J+H @ Beyond The Stoop

January 23rd, 2013 at 1:30 pm

well said…

and btw… apple is BECOMING ainsley. they are going to be twins when they are older!! just beautiful, all 3 of them ๐Ÿ™‚

21. brittany

January 23rd, 2013 at 1:46 pm

these photos are beautiful. and your kiddos are precious! i would love to take a class like this. everyday i realize i still have so much to learn. i hope you get to share more about your classes in the next 4 weeks because i would love to hear about them. xo

22. Lotus Blossom

January 23rd, 2013 at 2:28 pm

what beautiful pictures! xo

23. Lauren

January 23rd, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Casey, these photos are just ADORABLE!! Your babies are the sweetest. I am looking at your artwork and I just need to buy one of these!

24. Ashley Baker

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I love taking classes that encourage in parenting and am so happy you get to go to one.I have two boys almost 3 yrs. and 1 yr. and it is so good to be reminded that we have such a big impact on them.

I love that you said ,"Everyday i am thankful & honored to be entrusted with these sweet souls. such a gift." I feel the same way about my two.

-ashley

25. Kristen

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:20 pm

a very nice reminder of what we all need to remember….how "moldable" they are right now. thanks. i just finished reading a book titled:
    Cleaning House: A Mom's Twelve Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement. Her kids were older, but it was a very interesting read..and funny at times too. I recommend it for anyone with kids of any age!

26. Alana Taylor

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Sounds like a great class! I would love to know what book/study guide you're using in the class {if any}. If not, would you mind sharing what you're learning with us. ๐Ÿ˜‰

27. Van Wynsberg

January 23rd, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Love it!

January 23rd, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Casey, these are beautiful photos! Love them!

29. Jenna

January 23rd, 2013 at 4:30 pm

gorgeous pictures. the light is makes the pictures so fun to look at…not to mention those cute babes!

new follower ๐Ÿ™‚

30. Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too!

January 23rd, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Beautiful pictures!

31. Jessica

January 23rd, 2013 at 5:55 pm

These photos are so peaceful looking.
    Very serene ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it's the lighting!

32. Desiree

January 23rd, 2013 at 7:28 pm

so true. the gentleness has to come within boundaries…… so hard to learn as a mama. Beautiful lessons our kids teach us.

33. astr!d

January 23rd, 2013 at 10:18 pm

can't wait for you to share some knowledge from this class. u think it will have any tips on "how to raise a tennager without killing each other" or maybe "teaching your teen responsibility" lol. i miss miss miss my children being little- they are so wonderful!!!

34. Ashley

January 24th, 2013 at 1:13 am

o i love all these pictures!! and I would love to take a class like that. I am always interested in ways to connect with my kids and show them how I feel on levels they can understand and respond to better.
    I think you seem like a wonderful mother. I was curious how you and your husband chose to discipline when kids get naughty. This is something I struggle with so much. I know they need to learn and its my responsibility to teach them and give them consequences. But I am such a tender mama that I dont know how to best react when I need to…
    any thoughts?!!
    XOXO
    ash

35. Tara

January 24th, 2013 at 1:26 am

Just from the little bit you said I'm hooked! ๐Ÿ™‚ my baby is 3 weeks old tomorrow … My first.. I sooo wanna do the best for her! In all ways possible!

36. Julie Marie

January 24th, 2013 at 3:05 am

Casey every picture, every word I read from you inspires me. And i love to be inspired. it keeps me going with what God has me doing… thank you.. your children are so precious. i know you are a busy mama, since i have 3 also…to keep going and inspiring women all over is hard, even in my small circle..but i pray God gives you strength to keep going and doing what he has you do. Love you friend xoxo Julie

37. CP and KW

January 24th, 2013 at 4:36 am

such beautiful photos!
    kw Ladies in Navy

38. Joyeful

January 24th, 2013 at 5:02 am

this is just beautiful!!!

39. Pearl

January 24th, 2013 at 8:02 am

All these photos made me smile!
    I can relate! I have a three year old boy and a 5 month boy. Love seeing the oldest interact with the baby..so so cute.
    Bless your family dear!
    xoxo,
    Olga

40. Emails to Mom-Mom

January 24th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Casey, Can you can recommend a good book on this topic? Would love to hear more on the class you're taking and this subject.

41. sarahms

January 24th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

this sounds amazing!! i wish i knew of a class like this in the Houston area..hoping you share what you learn on your blog!

42. Julie

January 26th, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I completely agree about the gentleness, it is so very important. I wish I hard learned and realized that a little sooner on….kudos to you for taking this course! I'm sure it will prove to be invaluable ๐Ÿ™‚

43. Sarah

January 28th, 2013 at 1:28 am

I can't wait to have children!@

Sarah=)

44. Minty Mavin

January 29th, 2013 at 8:48 am

Your family is just gorgeous. Those little ones of yours are just stunning.

45. CassieGirl

February 4th, 2013 at 8:47 pm

new follower! ๐Ÿ™‚ i'm also curious about the class you are taking? is it from a book?

46. CassieGirl

February 4th, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I'm a new follower! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I'm also curious about the class you're taking, is it from a book?
    Thanks!