park days.

Melissa wrote a post that I loved so much here. She said “before there were blogs, there were boxes.” How true is that?
Before this blog ,I too, had boxes of memories.
Albums of pictures.
Journals filled to the end.

and even a few cheesy scrapbooks.

All attempts to save and capture this beautiful ride we are all on.
Not miss it.
Not forget it.

We have a park near our home that we walk to all the time and everytime we get there I find myself wishing I had my camera with me to capture some of those moments.
Last weekend I grabbed my camera on the way out the door so that I could capture some of these memories.
I just want to press freeze.
I want to stuff them all in my memory …the smells, the things they say, the way they look, the way I feel.

I want to freeze feeding the ducks.
Bottle up the playground and the sweet giggles.

I want to capture Aiden eating the bread instead of giving it to the ducks.
and Ainsleigh grabbing Aiden’s hand as they run down the hill.

Lately I find myself looking at Apple thinking, how were they this small? It wasn’t that long ago…yet they are growing minute by minute before my eyes and all I can do is desperately try to capture as many moments as possible.
So many times lately in the middle of the night I will rock Apple a little longer or  I will pick her up and smell her skin a little more frequently. Just in some strange attempt to soak in every passing moment.

This particular walk was Apple’s first family walk.
The first of many.

September 20, 2012

1. Jelli

September 20th, 2012 at 1:50 am

Love that last photo of your little girl in the swing. What a great memory this will make you! Thanks for sharing your family's lives with us, Casie.

September 20th, 2012 at 1:53 am

We, too, have a little park and our elementary school within walking distance of our house. I love that. It makes for some good family memories. I also like how you wrote about bottling these moments up…how I wish we could!

3. JanM ♥

September 20th, 2012 at 2:04 am

The pictures are precious! I can't wait until the day that Ron and I would be walking to the park with our kids. 🙂

xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

4. Katie

September 20th, 2012 at 2:04 am

You've perfectly describe here, just how I feel on those "perfect" days. ::sigh:: In the end, though, I think the fact that we can't bottle them up, or relive them *exactly* they way they were, makes those memories that much more precious to us!

5. Kimmie @ Sugar and Dots

September 20th, 2012 at 2:09 am

Gosh I love you. And these babies of yours.

6. Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve.

September 20th, 2012 at 3:32 am

Beautiful post + pictures Casey! Your little family is gorgeous!

7. Amanda Thornton

September 20th, 2012 at 3:35 am

so sweet- I know exactly what you mean. My baby just turned TWO and i feel like I hug her tighter, trying to squeeze the 'growing up' out.
    great post
    Amanda

8. Kerry

September 20th, 2012 at 4:01 am

the way Apple is pressing her face into her father's finger, the way Ainsleigh is looking at her brother's hand as she grabs it. there are these tiny little stories within the shots you take, another layer of beauty underneath the first.

9. Rachel Larson

September 20th, 2012 at 4:15 am

WHere do you find all these cute tunics you wear!?

10. Kylie Kreikemeier

September 20th, 2012 at 4:17 am

your babies are so precious. ains is looking more and more grown up in every blog post! such a beauty, she is!

11. Jade Steckly

September 20th, 2012 at 4:25 am

I know how you feel! I tried the scrapbook route and got totally overwhelmed….I knew I'd never finish one, let alone keep up with all of them. I heard about blogging when my first daughter was only a few weeks old. My best friend and I started our blogs the same day and we still post about daily life often. It's so nice to be able to go back into the archives and remember the precious moments. It's so cliche to say "they go so fast", but they really really do!

12. Mindy Harris

September 20th, 2012 at 7:01 am

the picture of just ains looking right at the camera reminds me of my niece, evie…my sister megan's daughter. precious little blondies with eyes the color of the ocean. it is just too much! the Lord speaks to us through the beauty and wonder our children bring to the table. it takes my breath away most of the time.
    i will take your post baby body as my regular body any day! teehee.
    also, way to go on the extra cuddles and moments with apple. i was this way with story. i always thought, "because of the post partum pre-eclampsia, she could be my last. and i don't care if my house is messy and i look homeless, she.is.worth.it."
    love u.

13. isabel

September 20th, 2012 at 9:26 am

cute photos

14. Maggy

September 20th, 2012 at 9:44 am

how lovely Casey and it is so true about the boxes…but I am certainly thankful for blogs too. Some memories are even more beautiful when shared through the glass of our bottles. Thanks for always sharing 🙂

15. Charlie's Mommy

September 20th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

You have such a beautiful family! Capturing memories is so much fun.

16. Rachel Nicole

September 20th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

AW! How adorable! Love these pictures. Love your kids, they're too cute!

xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com

ps- Aiden really looks like your hubby. wow!

17. Joanna

September 20th, 2012 at 2:42 pm

such sweet little ones!

September 20th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

awww these pics!!! and little apple! oh my goodness!!!!

19. Jenna | The Paleo Project

September 20th, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Oh I love these photos, Casey! I started reading a while before Apple and I hoped so badly that your family would grow because I knew how much you wanted it to. It's so beautiful to see your dream a reality on the blog.

20. Charis

September 20th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Casey Leigh you make me wish I was a mama!

21. his little lady

September 20th, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Aw, I love them holding hands and everyone touching baby Apple. So precious! Your little family is beautiful!
    xo TJ

September 21st, 2012 at 12:37 am

You take the most beautiful pictures. That last picture of Ainsley is just adorable. She is a beauty. Just like mama 🙂

September 21st, 2012 at 1:34 am

This is such a sweet post! and so very true.

24. Haley K

September 21st, 2012 at 2:56 am

What a beautiful family! <3
    And you are so right to soak it all in… I just shared on my blog how I love parks and how I feel they are a sweetly familiar and nostalgic background for my ever-growing and ever-changing children. I love watching them grow…just wish it would happen a little slower.

Haley

25. Bene

September 22nd, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I find it harder and harder to decide how to keep a hold of everyday memories. Nowadays there are so many options and methods that you can choose to do so, from the online albums to personal blogs that I am at a complete lose at which one is the best method for me. For the time being it's back to the good old journals and albums. A slow process, but one that I am finding allows time to truly think about what you want to write.

26. rachel

September 23rd, 2012 at 7:07 pm

um, that clifford shirt is AMAZING! 🙂

27. christina

September 25th, 2012 at 3:05 am

love this! sometimes I get to caught up in the moment of photos and video taping in order to capture that memory… Ihave to pull back and stop myself and tell myself… take it all in…soak this up … enjoy this moment and tuck it away.

28. Care

September 25th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Just beautiful. What a sweet little girl. Love these photos!

29. Ella-Lauren

September 26th, 2012 at 1:02 am

Your family is adorable…looks like a beautiful relaxing day for all. We all need that; those slow moving days, enjoying every moment.