I am a different mom the Third time around.

I am a different mom the third time around.

The things that worried me or overwhelmed me the first time, no longer make me feel the way they used to.

Today was Ainsleigh’s birthday (and Apple’s due date)- we had such a fun day celebrating our sweet girl. I couldn’t help but reminisce when Aiden and Ainsleigh were born. When I look at Apple, and me as a mother, me as a person…even in just three years I have changed so much.

I have learned a lot and grown up a lot. My perspective has changed.

I am different mom now.

I wrote this post tonight for Disney about being an “unschedule mom”.
It made me realize how different it is having a newborn this time around for us.

One of the most valuable lessons that I have learned as a mom is: do what works best for you, your family…don’t get caught up in what everyone tells you that you “should” do…. we are all so different, raising different kids…
so what works best for each of us is most likely going to look different too.

(sweet Apple will be 4 weeks old on Tuesday)

September 17, 2012

1. Elisha

September 17th, 2012 at 12:49 am

That first picture of her is sooo precious and beautiful. SWEETNESS.

2. MB

September 17th, 2012 at 12:50 am

3. Jovita

September 17th, 2012 at 12:53 am

Happy Birthday to Sweet Ainsleigh! Apple is growing up so fast – so adorable:)

4. Heidi

September 17th, 2012 at 12:57 am

Casey – that was a beautiful post! What an amazing mom & woman of God you are! Your family is blessed to have you! Your photos are absolutely adorable as well! Have a blessed week! Heidi

5. Rachel Nicole

September 17th, 2012 at 1:03 am

This is so sweet. <3

xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com

6. Sheena @ Sophistishe

September 17th, 2012 at 1:06 am

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl. I am constantly telling myself to do what works for us. We are different. Sometimes it's hard not to feel like a loser when it seems so many families have so much structure.

7. The Maxell's

September 17th, 2012 at 1:21 am

So true! Everyone is different, raising different children! Love it!

8. Jennie Frake

September 17th, 2012 at 1:31 am

Congrats! You have a beautiful family!

9. Ashley Smith

September 17th, 2012 at 1:33 am

Look at that little face! She looks just like Ainsleigh!

10. Alyssa Lentsch

September 17th, 2012 at 1:37 am

I couldn't agree more, we are all so different and it does make sense that our styles all differ greatly.

11. Sarah

September 17th, 2012 at 1:55 am

I LOVE this post (and what you wrote on the Disney Baby Blog). I am very much like you…and "un schedule momma" but didn't realize it immediately…i wrote a post on this exact same things once too! http://girlonajourney2.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-parenting-preferences.html
    ps
    Apple is beautiful!!

12. Hailey

September 17th, 2012 at 2:09 am

how sweet. she is beautiful!

13. Mandi Durborough

September 17th, 2012 at 2:11 am

just beautiful photo

14. Marybeth Thielke

September 17th, 2012 at 2:29 am

This is so good. That picture is just breathtaking. She is so precious.

15. Katie

September 17th, 2012 at 2:32 am

I completely agree with doing what works for you, as a family!

We have a family bed, and I can't tell you how much grief we have gotten about this fact from others. What I have stopped doing, is try to hide it. I share that we do it. I smile, and share information about having a safe family bed, how "nursing in" helped our sweet Maile gain weight, and that it works for us. I ask people to respect our choice. There are still those who don't, but I remind myself that every time we've tried to change something about our parenting style, to fit what we think we "should" be doing, or what "everyone else" does, it just doesn't work!

Be true to yourselves as parents. Yes. 🙂

16. Isobel Benesch

September 17th, 2012 at 2:38 am

LOVE her!! She is so precious! I can't remember what Holden was like when he was that small, but I already know that I worried about the silliest things at the beginning of his life…things that I already know will change with the next one.

17. The Vintage Modern Wife

September 17th, 2012 at 2:45 am

Beautiful picture of a beautiful girl 🙂

18. irene @ inspiration.from.the.little.things

September 17th, 2012 at 2:54 am

your wisdom is always inspiring, casey. i love seeing you grow as a wife, a mom, a person. apple is so beautiful. God bless your wonderful family. much love <3

inspiration from the little things

19. Jessica

September 17th, 2012 at 4:02 am

your writing is beautiful and your children are adorable too. Thank you for sharing your life on your blog. its a blessing!!

20. Zuley Blue

September 17th, 2012 at 5:03 am

Every event in life will change us and so you now have learned from your children many things that some will probably not understand. I am glad to hear you do know that each child is, in fact, their own person from the beginning and each child has their own "right" way.
    I hope the best for you and Apple and your family this third time around.

21. Mathilda

September 17th, 2012 at 7:08 am

I loved this post! You're such an amazing mom! I have one question as I wondered about it before: Why is Apple packed like a parcel? I've never seen this before and wonder if she is able to move this way. Is she not meant to and what are the reasons to wrap her in so tightly?

22. isabel

September 17th, 2012 at 10:15 am

that little crib.. cute!

23. Catie Cheek

September 17th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Oh. My goodness. So precious! I'm so happy for you! 🙂

September 17th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

GAH!!! She is so sweet!!!

25. Heather Sullivan

September 17th, 2012 at 2:15 pm

She looks so much like Ainsleigh! There couldn't be a sweeter birthday gift than a new sister either.

26. Lottie Simm

September 17th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

as though it is four weeks already–she is so cute.

and when our little one arrives i think i am just going to try and listen to my instincts and my gut and go with them because as you say we are all different.

maks me so excited about baby girl's arrival 🙂

27. Bridget

September 17th, 2012 at 2:49 pm

can i just say it makes me so happy to hear that you're less worried and overwhelmed by things than you used to be?! i sometimes worry i'll always be uptight like i can be now with parker… but… hopefully, like you… i loosen up with time.

and, she's beautiful. totally.

September 17th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Hi Casey – I've been following your blog for a few months now and I just wanted to say what a beautiful babe you have – all your babes are beautiful. I'm so happy Apple got to come home so soon and snuggle in to your home and family. I did post that first picture on my Pinterest page (http://pinterest.com/pixienotes/bumps-and-babes), she's just too much sweetness.

29. Sheila Lynn

September 17th, 2012 at 9:46 pm

WOW, she is so beautiful! Thank you for your post .. makes me feel more comfortable as a future mom .. it can be stressful thinking about trying to be the perfect parent. I loved hearing from you that it's not about doing what everyone else does, it's about doing what is comfortable for you. Thank you 🙂

30. Amy Smith

September 18th, 2012 at 12:44 am

This is so beautiful! Casey you are probably one of my favorite moms (in blog world and real world), simply because of your sheer strength and overwhelming love for not just your family but for God's role in you and your family's life.

31. good_to_be_home

September 18th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

She is so beautiful…I LOVE that first picture! Congratulations!

32. Katrina {calikatrina.blogspot.com}

September 18th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

DOLL BABY!

Happy FOUR weeks Apple!
    And happy four weeks to being a mama of three!!

xo!

33. Amanda Thornton

September 20th, 2012 at 3:39 am

THAT CRADLE! Little Apple is so precious.
    Amanda

October 18th, 2012 at 10:33 am

Somehow I missed this sweet post, but Apple is just a little doll baby here! I think she looks so much like Ainsleigh! 🙂 When I was a little girl, my Dad made me a baby doll cradle that looks like the one she is cuddled up in. Now my Emma plays with it. 🙂 I just love that blanket (and others like it). Where do you find those? I think being a Mom this third time around will be much easier, too. Like you, I am a different person now… Hope you're having a blessed week! Hugs!