him.

him.
geez.
he completely makes me smile.
We get a tiny impromptu date night tonight!! I wasn’t sure if I would be able to attend my art show or not but turns out I have permission to go and sit for a bit of the event :). I am so excited!
Date nights can be hard to come by with little ones around. And then throw bedrest into the mix- but today, yes today I get a night out with my love.
We don’t get out just us two enough. I think I need to be more intentional in this area.
Taking away Aiden’s naps and gaining back our evenings together was huge. But now with a new little one on the way, I think it’s going to be a new goal.
More date nights.
Even if that means a night away doing not much of anything.
Happy Thursday, can’t wait to show pics from the show!

August 16, 2012

1. The story of a girl..

August 16th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Happy for you!
    HAVE FUN!!

2. eLBie

August 16th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

That's so exciting for you two! Have a fun time tonight. And fitting in that time together can be tough. A mentor mom from my MOPs group used to have candlelight dinners once the kids were asleep. Sometimes, especially when there are little ones involved, you have to take what you can get.

3. My name is Wendi.

August 16th, 2012 at 1:11 pm

He's a very handsome guy! You guys look beautiful together.

4. harmonybatham

August 16th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Yay for date nights! We have a 4 yr old and a 5 month old so we're in the same 'hardly get any alone time with one another' boat. The plus side is we really cherish the time we do get with just us! maybe God is showing us how to truly value the others company:)
    have fun tonight!!

5. detrimental beauty

August 16th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Handsome hubby! I love the fun attitude of this picture! HAVE SO MUCH FUN!

danielle

detrimentalbeauty.com

6. Shug in Boots

August 16th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

wow! i love that photo. wonder what i'll have to do to convince my husband to get a shot like that of him. good for y'all for working to keep up the date nights. good luck with everything, hope all is well. 🙂

7. Ruthie Hart

August 16th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

can I just say your hubby is so handsome!!!

8. The Maxell's

August 16th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

My hubby and I don't get a lot of date nights either! We have two little ones and work opposite shifts through the week. Dates are so important though, so we try to make them happen when we can! In the mean time, we have this really funny Bieber fight going on.. haha! It makes us laugh 🙂 Have a fabulous time on your date night, I have to wait until Sunday! xo
    ~Karen

9. Carly @ Texas Lovebirds

August 16th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Yay! So glad y'all get to get out!

We don't have very exciting date nights anymore either, but that's really okay. Sometimes dinner and a walk around Target with Starbucks coffee is just perfect.

10. Kristin

August 16th, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Hooray for Date nights! I really saw your little boy when looking at Chris's picture today..I never noticed it till today how they resemble one another 😀 I hope you had a fabulous time sweet friend. Love ya Xo

11. Andrea Cerqua

August 16th, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Good for you! I hope you enjoy every second of it :)xoxo

-Andrea

12. pakosta

August 16th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

have a great time!
    HE is extremely HANDSOME!
    enjoy every second you can!
    tara

13. isabel

August 16th, 2012 at 3:24 pm

date night are so essential!!! looking forward to your post of it!

14. Mindy Harris

August 16th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

chris looks like a movie star!
    shawn and i have the same thing about date nights. part of it is money. no money for a sitter or only having a couple of sitters that we even trust to put them to bed. that's really only shawn's parents and they live 45 mins away.
    we have thought about lunch dates on thursdays, the day i work at the cottage, because the sitter is already at the house!

15. miss verse

August 16th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I definitely agree. I am about to have our 2nd child, (literally! My due date is tomorrow) and I know my husband and I have to be way more intentional about this! We are so happy and free after we get some time alone. 🙂

August 16th, 2012 at 4:13 pm

This is so very sweet. 🙂

August 16th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

This is so very sweet. 🙂

18. Libby A.

August 16th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

happy Thursday date night!!! Date nights still make me giddy and more in love than ever…you're right, it's tough with littles. But it makes each one so much sweeter. enjoy!

19. Kristina Streeter

August 16th, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Yay for date nights!!! 🙂 Have fun!

20. Abbey Robertson

August 16th, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Have fun! Date nights are what keeps me goign through the week, especially with little people around.

21. Abbey Robertson

August 16th, 2012 at 5:57 pm

22. Erin

August 16th, 2012 at 6:15 pm

enoy your date night, lovely! 🙂
    you two are both so beautiful – you and your babies are like models !! 😉

23. Mrs. Baker

August 16th, 2012 at 6:54 pm

has anyone ever told you that your Mr. looks like Ashton Kutcher??! he totally does! and i know what you mean about date nights-it's so hard to get them but they are a MUST!

24. Shar Martinez

August 16th, 2012 at 8:02 pm

You deserve a date night Casey! And yes, I definitely agree! Date nights with little ones are HARD to come by, we have two (our 21 month old is named Aiden!)! Have fun and enjoy your night girl!

xoxo ♥ Shar

25. Anna D Kart

August 16th, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Have fun! I think as married people we often forget to 'invest' in our relationships… Take your time and enjoy that evening together…
    Same here!

happymedley.blogspot.com

26. Anna D Kart

August 16th, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Same here!

happymedley.blogspot.com

27. The Students Wife

August 16th, 2012 at 10:30 pm

What a great picture!! Have fun!

28. Cassie {two-in-diapers.blogspot.com}

August 21st, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Date nights are SO wonderful, especially when you have little ones! I found you via the GFC blog hop and I'd love a visit back when you get the chance! http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com. 🙂

29. patty