do I have what it takes?

Before I had Aiden I can remember moments where I would think “do I have what it takes?”
 I mean I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember. I have always worked with kids and always loved working with little ones.
I knew my kids would be my world.
But I still let doubt creep in occasionally.

Then I can remember before Ainsleigh came…the same question popped up. “do you have what it takes?”
Can I balance two?
Can I love them both the way they need?
Can I meet those needs…. can I live selflessly and patiently.
Can I do everything I have been doing, but double?

Now as we await the arrival of Apple it has crossed my mind again.
“Casey, do you have what it takes?”

I do. I can.

Each time I have been able to embrace the new phase and as soon as doubt creeps in I remind myself of the past.
How these same questions crossed my mind in the past and how we handled them.
How amazing motherhood has been.
How these kids have changed my world.

So self doubt, there is no place for you here.

I can’t wait to have a new chapter to embrace!I can’t wait to add to our family and to see what this next year holds for each of us.

35 weeks, we are getting  close!

35 weeks Sunday/ weekly cellphone pic

August 13, 2012

1. Debby

August 13th, 2012 at 2:16 pm

You can do it for sure. Three is a jump. It's like you need another adult, hah. But three is fun. You baby is al belly for sure. GOod luck. Can't wait to hear all about Apple.

2. meg

August 13th, 2012 at 2:17 pm

you are adorable. god's grace is bigger than any of those self doubts! love following apple's story and seeing how it all unfolds! blessings to you, casey! and your sweet family 🙂 you can do it!

3. NickandCaeli

August 13th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Love the picture, Casey!
    My husband and I are really excited to start a family soon. We've been praying for God's will and trusting that He knows better than we do. I have wrestled with that "do I have what it takes" question though when I imagine having kids of my own. Its such a big responsibility, but you are doing it with courage and grace. You are an inspiration.
    Have a gerat Monday!

4. dalima26

August 13th, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Of course you can do it Casey! You are such a strong woman, you are so amazing&inspiring, if I ever have doubts or need some encouraging, I always come to your blog& know that you are such a help, not only to me but I'm sure for all the other readers &followers of your blog. Stay strong. Have a great day, Maria…xx

5. Lottie

August 13th, 2012 at 2:40 pm

i have no doubt that you can do it.

recently i have been having a similar though about the prospect of our little ones arrival. but i just have to have faith 🙂

6. Shannon :: The Scribble Pad

August 13th, 2012 at 2:43 pm

These same thoughts run through my head all the time. And my husband continually reminds me that God has such an increcible and perfect plan for us. He has equipped us with the gift we need to accomplish his good work – even the nitty gritty of raising children.

Now if only I could imprint that on my brain over the area that causes self doubt…

7. Kassie Rew

August 13th, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Confidence in motherhood is beautiful to me. I already know you do two beautifully and three will be no different! Can't wait to see Apple!

8. Andrea Cerqua

August 13th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

You are incredible, the love you have for your children shines through. You will be wonderful 🙂

-Andrea

August 13th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

You look so wonderful-all baby! And I cannot even tell you how happy I am that you two have made it to 35wks! Here's to 40 weeks and a healthy baby girl!

10. Kasey March

August 13th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I love following you're journey. You're such an inspiration ad Apple is going to be 1 of 3 very lucky babies.

August 13th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

You are not alone.. I doubt a lot too. About school, about my future, about me being a wife soon….. I've learn that it is okay to think less of because it helps to build you back up in a positive way, but that is just me. I think you have what it takes just like the rest of us. You will fall sometimes but that is natural. Hang in there and let all fall into place.

August 13th, 2012 at 3:21 pm

P.S. I thought she was already here!!!! I was hoping to see some sweet pictures of her. I thought you were much further along. Wishing you luck!!

13. Jessica

August 13th, 2012 at 3:24 pm

as each new baby came into our little family my mom would tell me…God's given you baby grace for one, now he'll give you baby grace for two…then baby grace for three. The grace you need to care for three will be there:)

August 13th, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I know you can! You are a strong, passionate mama with a wonderful partner and you two will be the most capable team. You go tell that doubt to just climb a tree 😉

xo Lissa

15. Kimberly

August 13th, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Beautiful, beautiful. And this is such an important reminder, no matter what phase of life we're in- a parent or not, self doubt can have no place in our lives, especially in light of God's grace and plan. Amen Casey.

16. The story of a girl..

August 13th, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I wish I could comment without sounding like such a creeper. I love reading your blog.. you give me such hope for my future.. I am planning a wedding and dream of a family and sometimes the fears of it all over come me.. But I come here and smile!

My girlfriend and I spent the morning chatting about your uplifting blog!

happy monday to you!

17. BethAnn

August 13th, 2012 at 3:52 pm

You are such a natural beauty and a natural mother. That sweet baby bump fits you so well!

18. Mallorie Owens

August 13th, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Casey, your posts like this make me SO excited to be a Mama. I seriously get teary eyed reading your blog because I feel like we're really similar: very sensitive souls who are passionate about children. I've wanted kids since I can remember also and I can't wait for that day! I know that you'll handle 3 beautifully. 🙂

19. Tarah Sweeney

August 13th, 2012 at 5:16 pm

good Lord you are a beautiful soul. your belly is gorgeous and i totally relate to this post. congrats on making it to 35 weeks! can't wait to see your newest little!

20. Tara

August 13th, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I am 19 weeks pregnant with my first, and I am so excited, and yet I find myself wondering the same thing. Am I ready for my life to change? Am I ready for sleeplessness? Am I ready for business? Am I ready to be the parent that I want to be?

21. Tara

August 13th, 2012 at 5:30 pm

oh yes, your baby bump is just absolutely beautifuL!!

22. Joanna

August 13th, 2012 at 7:20 pm

you look beautiful! you can do it 🙂

August 13th, 2012 at 7:42 pm

you're absolutely stunning! 🙂

24. isabel

August 13th, 2012 at 9:14 pm

i heared that the difference between two and three is less difficult than from 1 to 2 kids! so good luck! i'm sure you can do it!!!

25. binksandfranny

August 13th, 2012 at 9:52 pm

You do. And you can. You've SO got this girl. Absolutely elated for you!

~Amanda

August 14th, 2012 at 12:50 am

I don't know what people do without God…I would hands down not have what it takes to be a mommy if it weren't for Him!

27. Ladies Holiday

August 14th, 2012 at 12:53 am

I love what Meg up there said…and you have the strength of all the women who've come before you sister!
    Cheers!
    Deirdre

28. Breanna

August 14th, 2012 at 1:22 am

You are amazing and look absolutely gorgeous 🙂

You've got this!
    xo breanna

August 14th, 2012 at 2:44 am

Sweet belly pics! I'm sure you can do it! 🙂

30. Courtney K.

August 14th, 2012 at 3:19 am

I think we all have those feelings. We're expecting our second in November and I know that I've been asking this question of myself for weeks on end. Beautiful photos!

31. bethanygp

August 14th, 2012 at 4:30 am

I love your faith and confidence in God to help you through. I know I couldn't get through motherhood without Him giving me patience, grace and immense unconditional love for my boys.

Good luck to you!

32. maria

August 14th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I share those feelings. I am 33 weeks and having a girl as well. This is my first and I have been asking myself the same question for some time now. I know my faith will help me through. I admire your strength.

33. thb

August 14th, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I don't know you, but it looks like you have done a great job with your first 2 children, so I have faith that you can handle your third. 🙂

And how do you keep your body so tiny through this? I'm 24w and look huge!!!

34. McCall

August 15th, 2012 at 4:32 am

I love the way you write. I typed up "live selflessly and patiently" and taped it to my mirror 🙂 I hope you know how much you influence people for good.