At the beginning of the year I said that I was going to start writing out our meals for the week and buying all the ingredients at once. I went to the store Wednesday (walmart) for the week and spent $130- and I have written out all of our meals- breakfast, lunch and dinner for the following 7 days. I boughtthis in January to help me plan for the week and it has been fabulous. I have never claimed to be a cook of any kind but I am going to continue to try and get better!
Roast, Potatoes and Carrots in the crockpot
Rolls with butter and honey
Easy Enough! And my family loved it.
White Chicken Enchiladas:
Chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
(We don’t like anything hot so I substituted the green chillies with black beans)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies (I didnt add the chillies). Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. I added the black beans with the cheese!
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
I am Casey Leigh. I love to share my life through this little blog. When you stop by you can expect pieces of my perspective on life, faith, kids, marriage, loss... with touches of art, creative inspiration, fashion, projects & things I love along the way. My gift to you, our story...