today.

2 am last night Aiden’s breathing got really bad. If you have followed this blog since last year around this time you know that he has very severe asthma. Chris was gone (which he RARELY is) and so we did a 2am breathing treatment. Around 7am he was gasping for air, his air was catching and it wasn’t looking good. I gave him another treatment- then both babies starting vomiting. oh boy.

Around 10:00 my mom came over to watch the sick babies so that I could go to the sono. I again drove with the music off, praying the entire way.
I kept feeling like God was saying to me again “you need to trust me, you need to find your peace in me- not in circumstances, or other people’s stories or in your morning sickness. me.

Waited in the waiting room, was a little less shaky this time.
Walked down the long hall.
 Covered my eyes again.

null

Meet our baby.
7 weeks and 4 days.
Due date: Sept 16 which is Ainsleigh’s birthday :).
Tears, again.

I thanked Him the whole way home. Another sono in 2 weeks. phew.

I came home to a very very sick Aiden. He gets to this point with his asthma where he starts “to give up” and that’s when it is scary. Laying on the floor “giving up” -decided okay its time to go.
Popped both babies in the car, picked up Chris’ mom to help me and headed to the doctor.

null

They took his oxygen level and said that it was severely low. Breathing treatment, steroids, another treatment….some vomiting in between. It has been a wild day! I am so tired so if this post is a bit “all over the place” that is why.

Apologies also for being very behind on emails, phonecalls and tweets.
I promise I am doing my best!

But the good news is Aiden is home on medicine and treatments, Ainsleigh is smiling and today our baby has a heartbeat.

We are thankful.

February 3, 2012

1. Britt & Peter

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:51 am

Beautiful! God is SO good! So happy for you and I will continue to pray for you and the little one 🙂

2. Franchesca

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:51 am

Oh Casey! What a day!!! I am SO thankful for the wonderful news of your sono, but hoping your babies feel better soon, and that you can get some rest.

xoxoxo

3. Natalie @ NS Pottery

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:51 am

I will definitely be praying for sweet Aiden and your whole family! You are such a blessing, girl!! xo

4. Anna @ IHOD

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:52 am

Wow… You think you know love, and then you become a mother. You think you know fear, and then you become a mother. You think you know joy, and then you become a mother.

I am sure it has been an emotional roller coaster ride for you these past few days! Prayers your way my friend, and so so happy for you and the new life inside! I am already getting excited for when #3 comes along:)
    Hang in there!
    Anna

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:52 am

Oh man! That last statement… beautiful! GOD IS GOOD AND FAITHFUL!!! What a day! Girl, I love you and I'm praying for you! You let me know if you need me, sister!! xoxo

6. Franchesca

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:52 am

oh and the due date… Ainsleigh's birthday! God is ALL over that sweet baby!!!! 🙂

7. ThePoshDaisy

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:52 am

I hope he gets better poor guy. Congrats on the pregnancy! I am due around the same time September 13th 🙂

8. ThePoshDaisy

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:52 am

9. Lesley @ the floyd boys

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:53 am

what an emotional day! So glad everyone is doing well. September is a wonderful month to be born 🙂 (my birthday is the 15th)

10. jessica dukes

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:53 am

praying fro aiden that he feels better. and that you get some sleep tonight and praying for that life in your tummy that it grows and grows and grows strong. 🙂

11. Nora Spaulding

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:54 am

Such a beautiful post! praise god for another baby! i'm so happy for you and i'll be praying all the way…. I hope you stay in good spirits and look forward to positive things in your life upcoming!:) love to you and yours <3

12. Kelsey

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:55 am

Praying for sweet Aiden and the rest of the family!! God is a mighty healer! Xoxo

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:57 am

Oh, mama! What a day. Praying that all of you get sweet sleep tonight. XOXO

14. AbsoluteMommy

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:57 am

God bless you Casey and your unyielding grace. It's inspiring. I hope both babies are better very soon.
    Hugs
    Megan

15. Mindee and Austin

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:57 am

Wow what a crazy day for your family! I'm so happy your Dr app went great, and that you got to see your sweet, sweet baby on the screen : ) I hope your little boy gets better soon, that's awful he has bad asthma, so hard. Your a wonderful mom!

16. Pamela Stein

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:58 am

Hey lovely! Praying for Aiden. I had Asthma when I was little, so I know how it feels. Grace and more grace for you and little munchkin. You're a trooper.

Love,

Pame

17. Pamela Stein

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:00 am

ps. It's amazing how, through all this, in the end, you still said "I'm thankful". I just started to make a photo journal of those things I'm thankful for in every day life. A thankful heart makes a happy heart.

18. hannah singer

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:00 am

praying for ALL your babies. and praising jesus for his unfailing faithfulness!
    much love to you, sweet one xoxo

19. Ellie Coburn

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:03 am

God is so good. Prayers to the family. Love to you.

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:04 am

Praise God! I've been struggling a lot with fear too lately – though my circumstances don't sound nearly as stressful as yours have been. My pregnancy's been extremely hard, and it's made me honestly kind of bitter.

I was listening to a song by The Welcome Wagon on the way home the other day, and there was a line that stuck with me: "But for you who fear My name, the Son of Righteousness will rise with healing in His wings." And it dawned on me: my problem is I'm fearing the wrong thing. I'm not fearing God, in the way I'm supposed to. Praise God for conviction.

21. Jessi

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:04 am

So glad to hear that Aiden is doing better! And glad to hear the happy news about this baby.

I bought a fetal doppler when I was pregnant with my son (I had had 4 miscarriages before him and was a nervous wreck). It was a blessing that I could listen to his heartbeat whenever I wanted to, but I had to really keep myself from going overboard with it. And it can be a little bit nerve wrecking when you can't, at first, find the heartbeat. But, something to consider? I found mine for like $50 on amazon 🙂

22. Mindy Harris

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:09 am

oh what a trying day…this just breaks my heart. praying the Lord's hedge of protection over all your babies…love to u.

23. Clauz

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:10 am

I'm sorry it's very sad to see your babies sick ..
    and I am glad that the new baby is well!
    someone close to me had a severe asthma since childhood and heal achievement, with the light of God.
    It's very difficult to explain because I have little faith in it but she does and now has over 20 years without an attack.
    Casey as a mother sometimes we have to believe in things that are outside of us, you're a great person and deserve the best like your babies.
    Do not believe me and this I say just take it as a tip if you decide you do ..
    The place is called mahikary shall ask whether there is one near you and write you again.
    You can search by google but do not be misled by what they say about that place.
    As I said before I have no faith in this place but I have seen miracles there.
    Hope your babies recovers soon will pray for it.

24. Alyssa

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:12 am

So glad to hear everything is going better! It's never fun to see your kiddos sick, especially with what Aiden has. Happy Friday Eve!

25. Aimee

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:20 am

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine how scary that is for him to stop breathing. Mixed in with throwup? Yikes.

I'm happy that the baby is developing inside you, and pray it continuesto go well

26. Jill

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:23 am

What a day you have had, glad Aiden is doing better. Love seeing the sonogram pic. Will be praying that you have a safe pregnancy and will be holding that beautiful baby in September:). I hope you get some rest tonight.
    Jill

27. steph nelsen

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:25 am

my four year old, marrin, also has "reactive airway disease," her dr. doesn't want to call it asthma yet because he is hoping that she grows out of it. scary stuff : ( we have had some late night ER visits this year. hard on momma and kiddos. great news on the babe, though! prayers a speedy recovery to aiden and a continuing healthy pregnancy!

28. Kassie

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:33 am

Oh, poor boy! Glad he's doing better… that would scare me so badly! Glad both babies are better and that you got too see your little one! God is good!

29. Mrs. Ham

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:37 am

praying for you guys. he's so sweet to hurt like that. good thing he has a strong mama!

30. Kristin Eldridge

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:41 am

Have u considered getting him adjusted by a chiropractor for asthma? U might want to look into it. I hear lots of awesome things about chiropractors and asthma. Might save him from having to be on all that medication. 🙂

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:51 am

sounds like a full plate – praying for you mama!!! So glad you got to see baby #3, such a special day!

32. How I Roll

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:56 am

I'm so sorry two of your babies were sick today but so very happy about the heartbeat 🙂

33. nova

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:04 am

My youngest sister has terrible athsma like this too, she's in and out of emerg all the time. It's never not scary.

Sorry!

34. Christa

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:06 am

Amazing news!

35. this love is OURS♥

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:07 am

My son has reactive airway disease similar to asthma. He is 3 and was admitted to the hospital 2 nights ago.. I feel your pain. He only had to stay one night thank goodness! Its the second time he's been there due to his breathing (last time was 5 nights). This time was alot harder due to the fact that i have a 7 wk old lil girl at home. Talk about an emotional mama ;). Hope he's feeling better!! I love your blog!

36. Tara {The Silver Lining}

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:25 am

Oh Casey! You are such an amazing woman and momma. What a day you had, but you are always so gracious and remember to be thankful for the small blessings in life. You definitely inspire me!

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:28 am

SO lovely to hear that you saw a heartbeat today! After having a miscarriage, I can understand the extra concern in subsequent pregnancies (and the elation in seeing a lovely heartbeat!). They are so precious and it's so hard to let go of those beautiful babies.

Hope your two other cherubs are much better soon. Aiden's asthma sounds very scary. You don't need to apologise for being behind in communications – your family comes first x

38. karla@ bluegrass jewelry designs

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:31 am

So glad to hear that Aiden is feeling better. Super excited to see your little baby.

39. lori

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:40 am

oh boy, casey! what a stressful mama day! soo, soo happy that the baby in your belly is doing good… and i hope that aiden and ainsleigh get to feeling better very soon. i will pray for you and your sweet family!!

40. Elicia

February 3rd, 2012 at 6:05 am

So great about Baby W! 🙂 Hope your littles start feeling better soon.

41. Kristine Foley

February 3rd, 2012 at 6:09 am

How very scary 🙁 Glad to hear you're ending your day wonderfully!! Hugs and love to you friend!

February 3rd, 2012 at 6:30 am

Wow, what a day! Thoughts and prayers for you and your precious little ones. I hope you find some rest and peace in the one whose yolk is easy and whose burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30) 🙂

43. Melissa M.

February 3rd, 2012 at 7:02 am

So happy that your baby is healthy, but praying for your other babies to get better. Asthma is tough. I have to take steroids for Crohn's disease and they have destroyed my body with weight gain, high blood pressure, fatty liver, painful stretch marks all over my body, etc…. so I hope your boy doesn't have to be on them for too long! I wonder if it's something in the seasons changing.. my cat has asthma and had a major attack two days ago and we had to double his medicine to keep him breathing. Weird coincidence? I know a cat is nothing compared to a human but it is scary to see someone or something you love gasping for air, so I'm really glad your little one is doing better. Praying for complete healing!

44. Vanessa {vanillaandroseblog.com}

February 3rd, 2012 at 7:34 am

Wow, sounds like a crazy time! I'd hope that anyone who emailed, called or tweeted you would understand! You have A LOT going on! I hope everyone starts feeling better and that's so exciting about your sono! 🙂

45. Bunny Girl

February 3rd, 2012 at 8:00 am

Hope he is feeling better.

Mandy

46. Kathy

February 3rd, 2012 at 8:18 am

It is so hard to be rational and thankful with sick babies. So sorry:( Grateful too for your sonogram. The marvels and confort of technology. Praying for your health and no more vomiting for the Wiegand Crew!!

47. Leslie @ top of the page

February 3rd, 2012 at 9:09 am

wow. hang in there momma. i'm so proud of you and the way you're LISTENING. you are ALL in the palm of His capable hand. we have never been promised smooth sailing. just an anchor. that's all and that's enough. big hugs and prayers.

48. Lottie

February 3rd, 2012 at 9:46 am

So glad to hear the baby is ok and the soon went well.

Hope aiden feels better soon!

49. Mrs. T

February 3rd, 2012 at 11:12 am

so very happy for you all and praising God!

50. Lisa

February 3rd, 2012 at 11:58 am

I will pray for your babies!! and thanks so much for sharing the sono pic!!! I'm due Sept 17 so it's fun to see what our baby would look like if we got to peak now too 🙂

51. Cathy

February 3rd, 2012 at 12:02 pm

aww….Congrats on the new baby coming along! So happy for you. We recently found out we are expecting also…..sometime in September…I've calculated the
    15th but with a c-section….earlier. How exciting. Praying for your sweet little family!

52. Sarah {the fontenot four}

February 3rd, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I hope Aiden is doing better. I can totally relate to all the breathing treatments. My daughter has chronic respiratory illness and we're always doing breathing treatments. She sleeps on oxygen because without it her levels would be dangerously low at night. It's scary. Praying for you! Sounds like you had a rather crazy day. And congrats to you!!

53. Fairy Baby

February 3rd, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Poor Aiden, he looks exhausted! I am glad he's a bit better, he's so precious!

I'm happy for the sono news, you are all in my prayers and I have a feeling this time things will be better for you!

Have a great weekend,
    Oana

54. Brittney - The Luycx's

February 3rd, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Glad to hear that your little bean is doing well, what a blessing. I hope sweet Aiden gets better soon!! Praying for y'all!!

55. Gawgus things...

February 3rd, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Oh my goodness, how traumatic for you. So glad things are looking up 🙂

Emma xx

56. amy D

February 3rd, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Wow, what a day! So glad Aiden was treated, and Praise the Lord for a healthy, growing baby! I love what you said about trusting God….
    "you need to trust me, you need to find your peace in me- not in circumstances, or other people's stories or in your morning sickness. me."
    I feel like this is the heart of everything! Our trust must be in Him!! 🙂

57. jen

February 3rd, 2012 at 1:27 pm

my prayers go out to you and your family, brings me tears to my eyes everytime i hear one of your baby stories…. im a momma too and i thank god they are soo heathy i dont think i would be strong enough to see them go through pain, … your little boys face so sweet and precious, poor thing…. god bless to you and your family and the news on baby….
    xoxo, jennifer

58. Kate

February 3rd, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Poor little guy! I had pretty bad asthma as a kid and it certainly was no fun! I hope everyone is feeling better really soon!

(that itty bitty baby is SO exciting!!)

59. Katie (From Passys to Parties)

February 3rd, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Hey Sweet Casey. I got knots in my stomach reading this post b/c we obviously can relate. WE have so far with Sawyer's asthma and after tons of testing, doctors, specialists, etc.. I feel like we have a great handle on it. Just let me know if you ever need any direction with it b/c we have gone down every path in regards to asthma. So sorry for you and your baby but excited for your newest healthy addition. God bless. (this is katie Henry btw)

60. Kristin

February 3rd, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Casey I know you don't do any of it on your own. Sometimes it's hard to trust that he will do what needs to be done..but he always does. 🙂 This is something I struggle with too. I'll keep your family in my prayers..and you don't worry about emails and blogs. Your babies are more important then all of that 🙂 and your true friends know that too. Sending you big hugs, Peace and lot's of love my sweet friend. xoxoxo

61. Ruthie Hart

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:07 pm

what a whirlwind of a day Casey, but God is so faithful!

62. Myranda Su

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Goodness Casey what a day!
    But thank the Lord that everyone is okay and that the new baby is healthy. You are very blessed.

63. Heather Sullivan

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:16 pm

so glad baby w is doing well. 🙂

64. emsie

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Yay for the beautiful heartbeat! I can't help crying a little every time I read about a mama having that first sonogram. Hope A & A will be feeling much better very soon!

65. Jen

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:44 pm

So happy for your good news! Praying for your sweet little family. My Aidan (3 yrs) just prayed for yours. : )

66. Megan

February 3rd, 2012 at 3:57 pm

So glad things are looking up for you. What a day! I love the way you express your faith. You inspire me in more ways than you know.

67. Andrea Ward

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:06 pm

You are such a strong momma! I'm not sure I could handle all that with such grace.

68. Ashley Sisk

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I'll keep you in my prayers – congratulations on that little heartbeat!

69. Sara @ Seeing Purple Stars

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:08 pm

wow, crazy day! so glad everything is ok. <3

70. Beckie

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I just started to follow your blog- and let me say – i just love you- I get chills every time I read your blog- Thankyou for sharingyour life andyour stories- they are helping me along!

71. Jenni Austria Germany

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:39 pm

so glad everyone is okay. i know the rewards outweigh the fears but being a mom can be so scary at times, i think!

72. aislin

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Oh my heart goes out to you, Casey. You're so strong even with all these weights on your shoulders. Stay strong lovely.

73. Emily

February 3rd, 2012 at 4:59 pm

A little sunshine after the rain… What a blessing 🙂 I hope the kiddos feel better soon! Prayers for all of your littles!

74. Erin

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:07 pm

O reading this brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart at the same time. So glad your babies are feeling better and happy to see a baby in your belly. Hugs:)

75. Char

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:25 pm

GIRLLLLL! Congratulations on the sono! God's hands are all over that little baby! Praying for Aiden and his little lungs!

xox!!!

Charissa @ The Smashbook

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:32 pm

You all will be in my prayers!

77. Tarah

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:43 pm

oh yay!!! beautiful amazing news!! CONGRATS to you all and so glad your little man is doing better!!

78. Sarah-Anne

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:50 pm

so glad everyone is doing better!!

79. Mindy May

February 3rd, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Congrats! I am glad the God is calming your fears and that he is giving you His strength. I am sorry that your little one was struggling with breathing. I am sure that is scary. Keep your head up because great things are happening for you.

80. pakosta

February 3rd, 2012 at 6:34 pm

glad your son is getting better, poor baby boy! you are such a great momma!
    so HAPPY you are having another baby! sooooooo HAPPY for yOU!
    tara

February 3rd, 2012 at 7:16 pm

What a day is right. What a scare that must be. 🙁 Hoping your day gets better 🙂

82. Unknown

February 3rd, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Hi Casey. I have been reading your blog for a little while now, can't remember how I found it. But I really appreciate your openness and your heart. I feel like we have some similarities. I have 4 babies 7 and under, all c-sections! I also lost one baby at 12 weeks between my 2nd and 3rd and still remember that fear that came with each pregnancy that something would happen. I am so glad to hear that everything is going well and that baby is doing good.
    I wanted to comment on your post about sending Aiden to school. I know that everyone does their best and I hope this doesn't come across as telling what to do, but I just wanted to encourage you and remind you that you are his momma and you know him best out of anybody. My little guy is about the same age as yours, he will be 3 in March, and like you I couldn't imagine sending him off to school! I guess I would ask why you're wanting to send him, is it because that is what you think is best for him, is it because that is what everyone else does and therefore he should go to? I would like to recommend a book to you by Dr. Raymond Moore called Better Late than Early. It is really helpful when making those decisions. We have decided to home school our little ones and keep them home with their momma for as long as possible. My feeling is they have the rest of their life to go to school and grow up…let them stay little for as long as you can. As you know the world is full of pains nd hurt, let's protect them when we can. They will learn it soon enough. Sorry this is so long, just some thoughts for you to think about. Hope you are getting some rest and your little ones are feeling better.
    Christine

83. Johnsons

February 3rd, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I'm sorry to hear you had such a trying day, but inspired to see you finding the blessings in between those rough moments. All the best to you and your babies!! I'm reading a great new book you might like…The Confident Woman Devotional by Joyce Meyer 🙂

84. Abbey Robertson

February 3rd, 2012 at 8:21 pm

2 sick babes and you in your 1st trimester… go take a nap! Give yourself some grace!!! Hope your little ones feel better! My oldest's birthday is sept. 16, it was a great day!

85. Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve.

February 3rd, 2012 at 8:44 pm

What amazing news about the sonogram, so incredibly happy for ya'll! I hope Aiden gets better very, very soon!!!

86. Lauren

February 3rd, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Prayers for Aiden…How neat that the baby is due on Ainsleigh's birthday! 🙂

87. Talia

February 3rd, 2012 at 9:20 pm

What a day you've had! My daughter has asthma as well and it is scary scary when they have an attack. God bless all of you. Joyful noise – a heartbeat and breathe.

88. Trisha @ clarionwren.com

February 3rd, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Love the news about the heartbeat!! Sorry your littles are having a rough time. Sending continued prayers your way. 🙂

89. Mr. Taylor and his Lady

February 4th, 2012 at 2:26 am

oh no! as always our readers will always have you and your lovely family in our prayers. and don't be too concerned with emails, texts and tweets. we always understand 🙂
    xo TJ

90. Lindsey Leitner

February 4th, 2012 at 2:43 am

Really glad he is okay. I have very bad asthma as well and it is hard even now not to feel like giving up when it gets so bad. The good news is as he gets older he will learn to notice the signs and be able to prevent it more or at least voice it to you. My mom used to say how hard it was for her to see me like that especially so young because I couldn't communicate about it.

Sending good thoughts your way!

91. Natalie Ensor

February 4th, 2012 at 5:01 am

so, so good. God really is. I feel it's always days like this when there is just so much we can lose sight of the blessings and the good because its in the midst of chaos. But it is truly a blessing to see you say We Are Thankful. As am I, for that precious life still growing. Praying for healing of the precious littles.
    xoxo! Have a fab weekend.

92. Lynn

February 4th, 2012 at 5:02 am

Hi Casey, I haven't commented on a blog ever but felt God pushing me to do so. I know it has to be harder for u as a parent to see ur child struggle with asthma, I saw that with my parents. I too like Aiden had and still have extremely bad asthma. I used to cry to God all the time and ask him why he gave this to me. However, I know now that God has put me through all of this to make more loving, caring, and sensitive toward others. As a radiation therapist, I see people struggling to breathe due to cancer and can relate and comfort them in a way most people can not. So while watching Aiden struggle to breathe and having ur heart break everytime, remember God is in control and this experience in Aidens life will most likely make him more sensitive and loving toward those who struggle with respiratory illnesses.

93. The Freckled Fawn

February 4th, 2012 at 6:34 am

beautiful things, so lovely that all your all your babies are wrapped tightly in Gods hands. I know its scary, I know its so hard to trust sometimes.

94. Anna Writes

February 4th, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I hope Aiden's feeling better today x

95. kristen

February 5th, 2012 at 1:31 am

I am so sorry!!!!! oh I just hate that! my kids do breathing treatments too and it is just so sad when they get so lethargic like that! uh! hope you guys are doing and feeling so much better!

96. life_lavender

February 5th, 2012 at 2:42 am

That seems like quite a day, I hope Aiden gets better soon and congratulations on the heartbeat! 🙂

97. Amanda

February 5th, 2012 at 3:39 am

I am so happy that Aiden is doing better and that you saw your baby's heartbeat. That is fantastic news!!!

98. the Momma Bird

February 5th, 2012 at 8:36 am

Oh Casey. I'm so sorry 🙁 How awful! When I was a little one I had horrible asthma and we'd make many a trip to the doctors. It's terrible, but one thing I always remember is my Mom & Dad always did everything they could to make sure I was comfortable and THAT was the most important part for me. You are doing a wonderful job.
    xx

99. You+Me=Family

February 5th, 2012 at 8:42 pm

What a beautiful little bump you have! It's the prettiest curve we get as women : ) Prayers and good thoughts for Aiden, that must be tough.

100. HummingBird

February 5th, 2012 at 10:17 pm

My friend had a baby who, when he was young, had terrible asthma and breathing problems. She would be up all hours of the night just watching him, calling the doctor wondering if she should bring him in, and seeing him turn blue sometimes. It went on for months and months and the doctors did everything from steroids to medications and although symptoms improved they never dissapeared. Plus the side effects of steroids really worried her. Eventually she got desperate and went to an alternative medicine doctor who told her to get him off milk. This, among other things, saved her baby and he never needed another steroid again.

A similar thing happened to my little girl. Although she didn't have asthma, her nose was always clogged and runny and she had snot rockets every day. As soon as we got her off milk, it all cleared up.

Just a thought. I hope your babies are feeling better soon!

101. Tessa

February 6th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

We have the same due date for baby #2! Congrats 🙂 Tessa from ourbeachbaby.com

102. Jamie

February 7th, 2012 at 4:04 am

oh i know how the neb treatments are! Lj is 5.. and we are doing two treatments a day… albuterol, and budesonide. It gets better.

xoxo.

so glad to hear the happy news!
    prayin' for you and your family.

103. April

February 7th, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Casey,
    I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog recently, but I love it! I just read about the asthma and wanted to share a couple of resources with you.

Our chiropractor had severe asthma as a child. He is a chiropractor today due to the fact that it was chiropractic treatments that cured him. In addition to chiropractic care, there are many foods and ingredients that are triggers for allergies and asthma. (Milk being one of them for me.)

I had a couple links for you. One is to an article from a local chiropractor here with background information and steps for finding a cure. (I'm sure you do your own research, but thought I'd pass it along.)

The next one is a local search for chiropractors that would know more about diet and alternative treatments.

Hope this isn't too presumptuous to send you information. I have been amazed at the health results we have seen in our home.

April

104. Heather :: AFD Jewelry ::

February 8th, 2012 at 3:31 am

So scary. Praying for your sweet boy!

105. Shades of Gray

February 8th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Having gone through what you have gone through, with my oldest who is now six, it does get better! I just hope that this can give you some hope. Knowing that "this too shall pass" might give you some comfort. At the moment it is truly a nightmare! When you have a sick child, it just consumes you! It seems like you are taking it well, what a trooper! I'll be praying for you and your family to be able to find the answers that you're searching for.

106. Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too!

February 16th, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I'm so glad the baby was healthy and growing well!
    I hope your kiddos are feeling much better!