ainsleigh kate.

After I wrote that letter to my “little” self last week and read through all of the amazing comments…I started thinking, I should write one to each of my kiddos.

Ainsleigh Kate,

You are so precious.

From day one your spirit has been extraordinary. Every moment I look at you, you take my breath away.

I worry about you often. Your brother too.

I worry that your heart will be broken. I worry that you will get sick, or that I will get sick and not be around to protect you.

Sweet Ainsleigh… someday you will want to be told you’re beautiful. You will want to feel wanted and desired, special, unique and beautiful. But wait. Wait for your husband- guard everything until then. Because they will all leave you empty.

You were designed to desire this, but let Him fill it.

Right now you have the cutest teeth in the world. Something about the little gaps make my heart completely melt. And your sweet little personality is just the icing on the cake.

Baby girl- follow your dreams. I don’t care how much money you make or what your status is…God designed you for something, be that.

Be different. Be yourself.

All those kids in school or at church…if they are mean, someday that will seem like a passing breeze… not worth one single tear.

And the teachers who are rough, they are probably going through something. So try and love them even though it will be hard.

My precious girl, someday you might have babies of your own…and just the thought of it makes my eyes well up with happy tears. That you, my sweet girl, will experience the powerful love of being a mama.

And you might lose one too. Or a few. And you’ll be okay. Just lean on Him- because whether we understand or not…all things work together for the good of those who love Him.

It’s not always the “cool” thing to stand up for Christ. But it’s worth it. You may save someone. You may help someone. And to shine for Him is the greatest honor of all.

You will want to be loved.

Know no matter what you face, ainsleigh kate….your mama loved you with every drop of her soul. And being your mama is a gift. I love you beautiful girl.

February 1, 2012

1. UnusuallyYours

February 1st, 2012 at 2:08 pm

O that is so sweet!! πŸ™‚

2. Elizabeth Ann (Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box

February 1st, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I love this sweet friend! πŸ™‚ You are beautiful in every way !:-)

3. Heather Sullivan

February 1st, 2012 at 2:13 pm

This brought tears to my eyes. So super sweet.

4. Mrs. Baker

February 1st, 2012 at 2:15 pm

That is precious!

5. The Lee Family Happenings

February 1st, 2012 at 2:15 pm

This is beautiful! You are such a wonderful mom. I hope I am able to express to my children how much I love them as well as you are πŸ™‚

6. β™₯ CheChe

February 1st, 2012 at 2:22 pm

oh, how i love this. I want to do the same thing for my future kids. I want them to know how much they were loved before they were born and while they were born.

I also want to let them read my journals (when they get older) so they can understand where the mama that they were blessed with came from.

I know so little about my mom apart from her being my mom. Sometimes I wish I had been able to know more about her because our past really does help make sense of peoples present.

Anyways I love your post girl. You continually inspire and encourage. I don't know you personally but I know God would love for you to know that your heart for your kids is the epitomy of being a Christian mother and He is so in love with you!

β™₯CheChe

7. Franchesca

February 1st, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Oh how I love this!!!!!! :*)

February 1st, 2012 at 2:31 pm

So precious. She will treasure this!

9. Samantha

February 1st, 2012 at 2:33 pm

This letter to your sweet little ainsleigh kate is absolutely precious. It brought tears to my eyes, chills to my arms, and warmth to my heart. I will totally write letters like this to my little ones one day.

When reading this, I felt like you were talking to me. The Lord is using you to speak to others and that is a wonderful gift, Casey. xo

10. Changing Lanes

February 1st, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I love her too … and you!! sweetness.

11. Beth

February 1st, 2012 at 2:47 pm

So beautiful Casey! πŸ™‚

12. PoppyHarleyLove

February 1st, 2012 at 2:50 pm

What a precious letter!! She'll love reading this someday. You have such a big heart, and your words are so powerful. Oh, and what a darling picture of her you posted. Thanks for sharing!

13. Elisha(:

February 1st, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I LOVE THIS. <3

14. Lauren

February 1st, 2012 at 2:52 pm

*tears*

15. Kassie

February 1st, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Oh goodness. Tears welling up!

The part about her waiting for her husband…gets to me.
    I wish girls knew how important that was… I wish I knew. I''m glad she'll hear that because if you don't, all of it really leaves you feeling empty.

Beautiful letter.

16. Natalie Ensor

February 1st, 2012 at 3:12 pm

perfect. and inspiring. The prayers and thoughts I have for the wee ones are overwhelming, writing a letter to them is just what I need to do. thank you sweet friend for another heart warming post.

17. Susie

February 1st, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Simply, πŸ™‚

18. Makin Memories Of Us

February 1st, 2012 at 3:16 pm

This is so sweet. You are such a wonderful mama! We don't have kids yet, but when we do, I hope I'm a great mother like you!

19. Faith

February 1st, 2012 at 3:21 pm

wow, absolutely beautiful. i got goose pimples. your daughter is blessed to have you as you are blessed to have her πŸ™‚

20. Olivia

February 1st, 2012 at 3:21 pm

So, so sweet and pure. She will love looking back on this one day.

21. I am LOVD

February 1st, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Casey, I do this every, every year around my son's birthday, then I seal it and put it away. I'll give it to him when he graduates, which is only 8 years away – YIKES!

If you really want to put things in perspective and get a good cry, read the poem I shared on my post about writing letters to my son:

22. Erin

February 1st, 2012 at 3:35 pm

So very sweet. How proud she will be to read this one day?!

23. Lottie

February 1st, 2012 at 4:09 pm

This made me well up!

It is so beautifully written–and such a lovely thing to be able to show her one day.

24. Marissa@ Momma Rake

February 1st, 2012 at 4:10 pm

So beautiful! What a gift it will be for sweet Ainsleigh to read this one day!! XOXO!!

25. Amanda Marie

February 1st, 2012 at 4:23 pm

This is the sweetest thing. Ainsleigh is so lucky to have such a beautiful momma, inside and out.

26. Brittany

February 1st, 2012 at 4:32 pm

so beautiful, what a a special way of letting your daughter know how loved she is. this will mean so much to her.

27. Ashleigh

February 1st, 2012 at 5:22 pm

This is an absolute beautiful letter!

ps. Where did that cute bathing suit come from?

28. aislin

February 1st, 2012 at 5:24 pm

This is just beautiful. When I was 17 or 18, my mom finally gave me the journal she kept while she was pregnant with me. I remember exactly where I was standing, the time of day, even that it was oddly sunny out for that time of year. It was, to date, the most heartwarming thing I've ever read – to see how much my mom loved me ever before she knew me. Before she met me. So much love here, Casey.

29. ginanorma

February 1st, 2012 at 5:26 pm

This resonates with me b/c now I've been on both ends. My girl, as you know turned 17 a couple weeks ago, and right now is getting her heart broken by a young man, it's oh so very hard. But it is inevitable. People will be mean, our precious kids' hearts will break, they will get sick, that's all part of the journey that shapes them and makes them more godly.
    Oh my heart took a leap when you said that about only let Him fill it, b/c that is what I want for her so desperately and she IS crying out for the Lord this week, she cries in her room to Barlow Girl in between our talks…
    anyway, precious post…

30. Kelly

February 1st, 2012 at 5:51 pm

This totally made me teary because these are all things that my mom has taught me, and I know that Ainsleigh will learn them too through your example! And I LOVE that picture of her! Her profile looks so feminine and perfect! πŸ™‚

31. Erin

February 1st, 2012 at 5:52 pm

this is precious, brought tears to my eyes! love the part about waiting for her husband. you are such a sweet mother!

32. karla@ bluegrass jewelry designs

February 1st, 2012 at 6:09 pm

So sweet. Every child should be loved like that.

33. Megan

February 1st, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Such a beautiful post! Made. Me almost cry. I need to do this for my littles. Casey, you always inspire me

34. Tarah

February 1st, 2012 at 6:29 pm

beautiful. love this.

35. Jenni Austria Germany

February 1st, 2012 at 6:40 pm

she is so precious. look at the profile!

aaaand that swimsuit is adorable.

36. Rachel

February 1st, 2012 at 6:45 pm

seriously canNOT read your blog from work anymore… i tear up every time, lol!

i love this, Casey. thank you for the reminders and the inspiration.

and i most especially shouted 'that's right!' when I read this: "Sweet Ainsleigh… someday you will want to be told you're beautiful. You will want to feel wanted and desired, special, unique and beautiful. But wait. Wait for your husband- guard everything until then."

THIS is why i adore your blog. you are brave and vocal about your love for Him, and what that means day to day. thank you for that!

Rachel in SD

37. Ruthanne

February 1st, 2012 at 6:55 pm

this is so precious <3 agh.

38. Mr. Taylor and his Lady

February 1st, 2012 at 6:57 pm

this is possibly the cutest thing i have ever read. my own eyes are swelling up with tears. i can not wait to experience this same strong love for your child. some day!
    xo TJ

39. Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve.

February 1st, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Oh how sweet!

40. AMY PALMER

February 1st, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Your writing is so inspiring to so many people and one day it will be inspiring to her also. Your faith is unshakable.

-Amy

41. Lindsey

February 1st, 2012 at 8:06 pm

amazingly sweet!!! and beautiful!!!

February 1st, 2012 at 8:26 pm

…. oh man. i'm so teary! this was so lovely!!!!! love you!

43. Abby (Diligent Joy)

February 1st, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Perfect. As usual, you're so inspiring.

44. jessica dukes

February 1st, 2012 at 9:39 pm

wow, that is beautiful. you need to print that out and frame it and hang it in her room.

45. Shon

February 1st, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Hey friend! Thank you again for the blogger party! So much fun!

I love this idea to write letters to your babies. Cherish the time! We write in a journal of all of their firsts,funny sayings, a letter on each birthday, etc. It is my desire and hope to give this to them before they leave for college.

Blessings, Shon

46. AM

February 1st, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Simply beautiful.

47. The Arizona Russums

February 1st, 2012 at 10:10 pm

love this, casey. and her little bum in her swimsuit! so cute!

48. Clancy

February 1st, 2012 at 10:30 pm

this is such a precious letter! and the picture.. oh. goodness. she is beyond adorable. thanks for sharing your mamma's heart πŸ™‚

49. Sarah-Anne

February 1st, 2012 at 10:40 pm

You have such a way with words..I was tearing up your amazing advice for your little girl.

50. Nancette

February 1st, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Absolutely and completely beautiful! You love your kids so openly so completely so honestly. Crying at work … amazing casey! Truly

51. AbsoluteMommy

February 2nd, 2012 at 12:09 am

You have an incredible way with words. Love it and you!

February 2nd, 2012 at 12:51 am

Love this!
    I like what you said about being "designed to desire this, but to let Him fill it" because I was just reading a book on that very same thing! It's called "Seven Longings of the Human Heart" by Mike Bickle. I think you would really enjoy it. And you can download it for free from his website!!
    Anyway, just wanted to share that. You should definitely check it out. It's great!

53. Urban Nester

February 2nd, 2012 at 1:23 am

This melts my heart. SO much.

xo.

54. Erin Faye

February 2nd, 2012 at 2:07 am

So sweet! Love this so much!

February 2nd, 2012 at 3:09 am

Beautiful letter & soul.

56. Beth Henson

February 2nd, 2012 at 3:14 am

So I have to say…Ainsleigh's profile is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. She looks like a literal doll. Deserves to be painted!!

57. Kiri

February 2nd, 2012 at 3:37 am

How beautiful. It made me teary eyed!

58. Songbook

February 2nd, 2012 at 4:50 am

We need to be friends in real life. I am so grateful for your sweet words and spirit Casey.

59. Katie {katie lately}

February 2nd, 2012 at 8:03 am

first blog post to ever make me cry. This is absolutely beautiful, every last word of it. I know you've heard it before, but she and her brother are beyond blessed to have you as their mama. ahh! amazing!

60. K

February 2nd, 2012 at 1:40 pm

This is so amazingly sweet it brought a teat to my eye! thank you for sharing this personal letter to your little princess!

love K

61. Fields of Heather

February 2nd, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Everytime I read your blog it blows me away-you are such a sweet sensitive person!

62. abi.rose

February 2nd, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Your kids are sooo blessed to have an amazing, God-fearing mama!!! These are so encouraging to me, and I'm sure that your kids will find such encouragement in them as well! You are soo awesome, and I am praying for you and your family! Keep it going!!! <3<3<3<3<3
    {abbi

63. Amanda

February 2nd, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I came across your blog some time ago and love reading your posts. This precious and sweet letter to your little girl has brought me to tears today. I only wish my mom had said things like that to me. I only wish I'd grown up feeling that warmth and direction. Your family is blessed to have you.

64. Andrea Ward

February 2nd, 2012 at 7:16 pm

"Whoever you choose to love, I will love. Because I know that by me loving him, I am loving you well."

What a wonderful thought!

65. Jill

February 2nd, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Whenever you talk about your daughter I think about mine and this post made me cry. It's beautiful:).

66. Lindsey

February 3rd, 2012 at 5:59 am

where is the cute bathing suit from??

67. Sally

February 4th, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Just gems of wisdom and encouragement – they shall always appreciate this in the future! Words have such power! That is also the cutest bathing suit – I want one like that!

68. Haley K

February 14th, 2012 at 5:51 am

you are a beautiful mother…with beautiful children πŸ™‚ What a touching letter! Little Ainsleigh will treasure it some day.

I loved your caring words that were full of hope and faith in God and in your little girl's potential πŸ™‚

LOVE your blog. excited to follow along πŸ™‚

and CONGRATS on the new babe on the way!

Haley

69. Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs

February 29th, 2012 at 6:18 am

Again, tears fill the brim of my eyes. Beautiful post. What wonderful words of wisdom and advice to give to your beautiful little girl. πŸ™‚ I tell my daughter similar things. She just turned 9 today. She is so smart and loving and has such a heart for the Lord. I adore that about her. I am so blessed to be her momma. (and the momma of my two boys too of course) πŸ™‚

God Bless. ~β™₯Maria-Isabel