meal plan.

null
A few of you have asked me to post an “example week” of a meal plan!
It really is working great! (Normally I would list the ingredients I need out on the side for my grocery list.)
Aiden LOVES to help me make dinner so during Ainsleigh’s nap we start cooking for an early dinner.
I let him help every step of the way! Something about all of the pouring and mixing makes him so happy. (and all that one on one mama time). These are EASY recipes and meals.
Then he usually plays in the water and soap and helps me “clean the dishes” after….which really is usually just a big flood! I found these cute lists here. And you can find a few of these recipes from the very beginning here.

null

January 11, 2012

1. Erin

January 11th, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Love that you plan it all out in advance 🙂 I cannot wait to cook for my family one day 🙂

2. Maria

January 11th, 2012 at 11:47 pm

I love that you're planning everything out! I need to start doing something like this for myself!

3. Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve.

January 11th, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Love this! 🙂 I seriously need to start meal planning again! 🙂

January 11th, 2012 at 11:55 pm

oh i just love this… and its so cute how your little boy likes helping you xo

5. Mish Lovin' Life

January 12th, 2012 at 12:01 am

I love those little lists and you have very nice hand writing! 🙂

6. Esther

January 12th, 2012 at 12:02 am

planning ahead is how i stay sane. i do up to a month depending on sales. those lists are adorable. i want them! affordable too.

7. Sheri

January 12th, 2012 at 12:10 am

That's awesome, Casey! I used to do meal plans all the time and it REALLY takes the stress out of wondering what the heck to make for dinner! I need to get back to doing that….

8. Britt @ The Magnolia Pair

January 12th, 2012 at 12:33 am

Love that you shared this! YOu really have it together ! And now you have me craving frito pie!

XO. Britt
    The Magnolia Pair

🙂

January 12th, 2012 at 12:36 am

We've JUST started doing meal planning too! And I'm AMAZED at how simple and instantly successful it's been! We've been eating better… and dinner making has been so much easier now that we have everything we need and don't have to figure out a meal last minute at the end of the day when we're all tired!
    kudos!

10. Beth Ann

January 12th, 2012 at 12:48 am

Have you ever checked out or tried e-mealz.com? It's awesome!

11. RosyRilli

January 12th, 2012 at 12:50 am

Breakfast for dinner was always a staple meal when I grew up. Good choice!

12. Natalie Ensor

January 12th, 2012 at 1:16 am

first off why you gotta go and have awesome penmanship just for meal planning…okay moving on. I died when I saw frito pie. My hubby talks of it often. Me being a Cali girl never heard of it until I married him. Small town New Mexico boy with most fam in TX. HAHA! Love the cute list pads too! Thanks for sharing!

13. Nichole

January 12th, 2012 at 1:20 am

Love the lists and love your blog. Your babies are the cutest!

January 12th, 2012 at 1:40 am

I've recently been doing meal planning for my husband and I. It makes everything so much easier! and it's easier to stay on a budget. Love your blog!

xoKylee

15. Kate

January 12th, 2012 at 1:56 am

That pad is so cute! Planning is awesome, but planning on adorable stationary is even better!
    -Kate from http://ummmnowwhat.blogspot.com/

16. Kelly Westover

January 12th, 2012 at 2:03 am

Oh wow, those meal planning lists are too cute! I was better at meal planning last year than I have been this year – so far. Good thing there's still plenty of time to get back on the train!

17. Mr. Taylor and his Lady

January 12th, 2012 at 2:06 am

i love these little lists. and being a nanny for 5+ years, i definitely know that the kids love mixing and splashing it all over the counter, ha.
    and you can never go wrong with breakfast for dinner. yum! just might have to do that tonight 🙂
    xo TJ

18. Ana

January 12th, 2012 at 2:14 am

YAY for menu planning! I've been doing it for a while and it's the best thing. Not only you get a better view of what you're eating, but you also only buy the necessary at the store!

Awesome! And love your planner as well!

19. the hollie rogue

January 12th, 2012 at 3:25 am

i recognize some of my favorite pioneer woman recipes in there! chicken spaghett, chili frito pie! thanks for sharing

20. kaylee@life chasers

January 12th, 2012 at 3:55 am

I LOVE menu planning! It's almost therapeutic to me. That list is so perfect, I'm totally using it!

21. I am LOVD

January 12th, 2012 at 4:06 am

I agree, planning is key. I'm so glad it's working out for you and your family. Doesn't it lessen the stress during the week?

22. Lisa @ MMT

January 12th, 2012 at 4:38 am

I love meal planning too! Makes dinner so much easier! These list are so cute

23. ashalily

January 12th, 2012 at 4:57 am

I never thought about having a weekly meal plan. This would help though being that there have been countless times where my food has gone back because I forgot that my chicken expired on such and such a date

24. The Cantelmo Family

January 12th, 2012 at 5:06 am

I so need to do this! I am soooo behind on cooking. Lately we have been just grabbing food to go…so unhealthy!

January 12th, 2012 at 5:41 am

I need that kinda thing laying around my house because I can never keep any kind of meal plan set in stone.

26. Mindy Harris

January 12th, 2012 at 6:10 am

i do a 7 day meal plan and it works wonders for us! this week's list (on a MAJOR BUDGET):

chicken/noodles
    pizza
    chicken pot pie
    spaghetti
    egg salad sandwiches
    kielbalsa and dirty rice
    leftovers or mac/cheese!

27. Gawgus things...

January 12th, 2012 at 11:46 am

I always plan my meals like this, other wise come the evening I have neither the energy or the inclination to think of what to cook!

28. Constanza

January 12th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I don't do meal planning and I've been eyeing it for a long time… but since our third baby is coming I need to move my butt and get on with it.

29. Hespyhesp

January 12th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Thank you! This is what I need to be doing… it just seems to be so hard to get started! The grocery store is so daunting!

30. Mary

January 12th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

love this! thank you for sharing.

January 12th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Just printed a Dinner List like this for myself to help me not be so scatter-brained during the week! Thanks for the idea and motivation to do so!

32. Redheaded Daybook

January 12th, 2012 at 6:09 pm

when you mentioned doing this meal plan in a previous post, i thought it was awesome and started doing it in my household 🙂
    needless to say, meal haven't been stressful anymore because I don't forget to pick things up from the store AND i know EXACTLY what i'll be making so i dont spend 30 minutes looking in the fridge like a zombie waiting for an idea to hit me in the face 🙂

thanks!!!

33. The Vintage Modern Wife

January 12th, 2012 at 6:58 pm

i love love love the pad of paper you use. where did you get it?!

34. Bianca

January 12th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Yay, I'm so happy that you love the pad! Thanks for writing about it on your blog too, you've driven quite a bit of traffic my way, thank you so much! Seems like you do exactly what I do, plan each week and then write your shopping list 🙂 I love it too!

35. They call me Mrs. Robertson

January 14th, 2012 at 3:54 am

We meal plan also… it's the only way to survive the week!!
    I laughed when I saw your "chicken spaghetti", my husband is from Corsicana 1 hour south of you guys) and they have that ALL the time at their house, therefore, we do also!

My favorite dinner is this:
    Chicken (whatever cut you like) for the whole family
    1 bottle of bbq sauce
    1 can of salsa ( I do mild so my little one will enjoy it also)

Pour everything in the crock pot for 4 hours. Serve over rice. You can thank me in the morning!!