asked me.

If you asked me…. I would tell you that I rarely match. I like it that way :). I have been that way since I was a little girl.

If you asked me, I would tell you that I am a romantic and a dreamer.

If you asked me…. I would tell you that I am mis.judged often. And I don’t love that.

If you asked me…. I would tell you that I spent 20 minutes trying to see when a live dinosaur show was coming to Dallas so we could take Aiden for his birthday.

If you asked me…. I would tell you that a daily struggle of mine is fear of loss.
If you asked me…. I would tell you that last night I rocked Ainsleigh long after she fell asleep…kissing her eyelashes, smelling her skin, thanking God for her life. Hot tears running down my cheeks…so much love I could just crumble.

If you asked me, I would tell you that I havent had a dr.pepper since the new year… new addiction- crangrape juice mixed with Orange juice!

If you asked me, I would tell you sometimes Chris and I go sneak in Aiden’s room and stare at him while he sleeps. And sometimes can’t resist waking him up because we love him so.

If you asked me, I would tell you- in real life I am very child.like. I am silly and find joy in the smallest things – like stickers and a snow.cone.

If you asked me, I would tell you that some of my most life changing things I have been through- I have never written about.

If you asked me, I would tell you that in my marriage I am constantly aware of how selfish I am. And I hate that.

If you asked me, I would tell you that Aiden calls bath.time “going swimming”.

If you asked me, I would tell you that my blood.work came back good again today!

If you asked me, I would tell you that we already have our boy and girl name picked out for this baby and I could not be more excited!

If you asked me, I would tell you that I have a good feeling this will be a lovely year :).

January 27, 2012

1. Jamie

January 27th, 2012 at 3:09 am

i love your raw emotion. gives me chills every time. 🙂

2. natasha

January 27th, 2012 at 3:09 am

🙂 Love this.

How far along are you now?

January 27th, 2012 at 3:09 am

What a lovely post 🙂

4. Foster

January 27th, 2012 at 3:11 am

Very lovely post.

January 27th, 2012 at 3:12 am

What are the names?!? 🙂 SO happy for you! Love this post.

6. Mrs. Ham

January 27th, 2012 at 3:13 am

this was written so lovely! you're a wonderful mother, i hope i love motherhood as much as you do! someday!

tanandmeg.blogspot.com

7. The Cantelmo Family

January 27th, 2012 at 3:13 am

I am so glad that your blood work came back good!!! I have good feelings for this baby for you. We also have our kids names picked out too! I think it helps bond with them better 🙂 I love rocking my kids too and my hubby and I check on them every night worrying about them, constantly giving them to God.
    You are a good mom and you have a great heart! So happy for you!

8. Summer

January 27th, 2012 at 3:14 am

sometimes posts like these…so simple yet so relatable, are my favorite.

but….this line:

I wish you'd write about it.

When you're ready.

Someone out there may need to hear it and you have the platform to share.

9. LeAhnna

January 27th, 2012 at 3:17 am

I wish I was brave enough to be as honest as you are.
    On a happier topic, I am so, so, happy for you and your new baby on the way. I pray every day that he/she continues to grow as strong as your love obviously does for it.

life in a nutshell

10. Danielle

January 27th, 2012 at 3:18 am

It is amazing how everything becomes so peaceful when watching your sleeping baby.

11. Jaima of Ring Around the Rosies

January 27th, 2012 at 3:21 am

Fear of loss seriously controls me… I actually just wrote about it today, sweet girl!!!

12. Camille Griffiths

January 27th, 2012 at 3:29 am

What a sweet post… =)

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope everything goes well. I know it's scary after a loss… We just have to have faith!!

13. Mrs. Baker

January 27th, 2012 at 3:32 am

i wish i could go that long without a Dr. Pepper! i haven't had one in 3 days and i am so excited to have one tomorrow! i'm happy that all is going well with your pregnancy and i love the statements you made about your babies…so precious.

14. Alynne Leigh

January 27th, 2012 at 3:33 am

I love this post! (:
    -xx-
    Alynne

15. Jill @myheartisyoursblog

January 27th, 2012 at 3:41 am

you are so inspiring. even in this simple post. so lovely. 🙂

-jill

16. Lauren

January 27th, 2012 at 3:48 am

Casey,Your blog is my absolute favorite. You are such a beautiful person.

17. Ellie Coburn

January 27th, 2012 at 4:00 am

Been a very emotional day. This post did me well. My Casey I am so blessed to have you in my life. Praying for Wiegand baby number 4.

Love to you!
    -Ellie

18. AbsoluteMommy

January 27th, 2012 at 4:01 am

You are so very lovely. And I do the same rocking/crying/smelling on my Little Miss Mac too. Love those precious moments. In my prayers as always.
    Megan

19. mommyjennie

January 27th, 2012 at 4:08 am

if you asked me, i would say that you are an amazing person

20. Danielle Patton

January 27th, 2012 at 4:10 am

you are such an amazing woman,mother and wife. you are truly inspiring.

January 27th, 2012 at 4:23 am

If you ask me, you always bring a smile to my face when I swing by your blog!

January 27th, 2012 at 4:29 am

Beautiful. 🙂

23. Alexis

January 27th, 2012 at 4:52 am

The one about loss spoke right to my heart. It paralyzes me on a daily basis. Spedically the lose of of the ones I love. I also struggle in trusting them to God. Have you found to help ease that worry?

Your blog is so unique and lovely to read!

24. Kelsey

January 27th, 2012 at 5:19 am

Adore your heart Casey! Thanks so much for sharing! 🙂 xoxo

25. Karly

January 27th, 2012 at 5:30 am

I am so thrilled your blood work came back well =)

And Afton calls bathtime "going swimming" too! She loves water so very much.

26. Elise Davis

January 27th, 2012 at 5:30 am

SWEET POST!
    XOXO

27. The Egg

January 27th, 2012 at 6:02 am

loving this post. you have the sweetest little family!

xoxo the egg out west.

28. ginanorma

January 27th, 2012 at 6:08 am

I use to wake Madelynn up too!!! I think it was b/c I was a single mom and lonely, but the love that comes over me when I'd see her sleeping, it's quite indescribable, isn't it?!
    And now that she's older, I'll go down after she's fast asleep and lay my hands on her and pray over her…

29. Health, art, and the girl gamer

January 27th, 2012 at 8:14 am

I know how you feel regarding being afraid of loss. Love how honest you are in your posts. I think you would really love Ann Voskamp's book 1000 Gifts.

30. Sarah @ Modern Country Style

January 27th, 2012 at 9:55 am

I'm so thrilled for you, Casey. Those first weeks are just so full of highs and lows, aren't they? I lovedthis post. Your writing is so heart-warming.

I'm 22 weeks pregnant now and when I pass each critical development stage I breathe a HUGE sigh of relief.

I'm doing a series where I've picked out 30 pieces of clothing to remix in 30 different outfits over 30 days.

Yes, I called it '30 Preggo Looks' when I linked up – how hideous – but I only had 15 letters to play with!!

Sarahx

31. Mummy Daddy and Me makes Three

January 27th, 2012 at 11:31 am

This is beautiful- it gave me goosebumps. x

32. Toaster4JC

January 27th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Love this post! So sweet!

33. Fun Little Fludds

January 27th, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I have to say that I've been reading your blog for just a couple of weeks and sometimes I think, "wow, I never thought that someone would feel the way about [God, Family,co-sleeping, loss etc.] that I do!" You have a really great way of connecting to people. It's nice to see someone with such great faith and great honesty. Thanks for sharing your life with the world!

34. Heather @ we.are.the.holdens

January 27th, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Love this post Casey. Thanking God with you for your blood work…so awesome. 🙂

35. OANA

January 27th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

So lovely!

36. amy D

January 27th, 2012 at 1:27 pm

thanks for sharing, casey! it's posts like this that make me wish we could meet in real life 🙂

37. Jessica

January 27th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Hi Casey,
    congrats on your pregnancy.

Question for you:

You said that you are selfish in your marraige.. and I suffer the same problem in my relationship.
    Gosh.. it's so frustrating but I can be such a whiny baby sometimes.. and then I'm good for a bit and then I keep it going. I can just be very insecure sometimes and I love him so so much that it's like I always take the smallest things so personally.

Any advice? 🙁 sigh im losin' it over here! haha.

38. I am LOVD

January 27th, 2012 at 2:27 pm

You said, "…so much love you could crumble." Oh, sweetie, love is strong and does not crumble for anything – know that.

39. Songbook

January 27th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I love you Casey, that is all.

40. Debbie

January 27th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I loved your post. It was so inspiring and so real.

Debbie

41. Angela [Simply Simple Me]

January 27th, 2012 at 3:03 pm

"The fear of loss" is such a powerful statement. It really struck me.

42. Andrea Ward

January 27th, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Fear and grief clutch my heart when I think of losing my husband. It's something I regularly pray about, but it doesn't seem to go away or lessen. I'm not sure what that means about my faith or if it means anything at all.
    Thank you for your honesty. It is good to know I'm not alone.

43. Mary

January 27th, 2012 at 3:18 pm

if you asked me, i'd say this is one of the sweetest posts i've read in a while.
    thanking the Lord for your bloodwork, and we will keep praying!
    have a wonderful weekend!

44. ilene @ muchloveilly

January 27th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

love this rawness of this post. i know that so many of us can relate! i have the same feeling about this year, too. 🙂

January 27th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

You and your family give me warm fuzzies… and I don't even know you 🙂

I'm so glad your blood work was good again!

46. Trisha @ clarionwren.com

January 27th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Glad your bloodwork is still great!! When are you going to share your names?

47. Kristina

January 27th, 2012 at 5:10 pm

A beautiful post, as always…

Kristina

48. Elizabeth Ann (Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box

January 27th, 2012 at 5:32 pm

WAY TO GO WITH THE DR PEPPER, love! 🙂 I KNOW how hard that is! 🙂

49. Elizabeth Ann (Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box

January 27th, 2012 at 5:32 pm

WAY TO GO WITH THE DR PEPPER! I know how hard that is! 🙂 ANNNNDDD how many weeks are you now?? I am PRAYING!

50. katy {of} katy loves.

January 27th, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Like the first commenter said, I absolutely love and appreciate how you share your raw and pure emotions. It's so inspiring to me and makes me want to be more and more transparent on my blog as well. Thank you for opening your heart to us every week. I just adore you!

51. Shannon Gallegos

January 27th, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Just found your blog through Running on Happiness.

Two things:

1.) I thought your guest post on beauty was the most pure and loveliest. And how is it that babies just seem to make the world stand still and make -amazing how such a lil soul can make me a strive to be a better person everyday!

2.) "If you asked me, I would tell you that sometimes the fear of losing Christopher knocks the wind right out of me if I think too long." … wow, this thought enters to often and I freakout and then think how I can rock his world again one more day… and what I did to deserve his love.

Really enjoyed your sincere sweet post and praying for your dear one in the womb. 🙂

January 27th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

So glad the bloodwork came back ok! Love this post, and you 🙂

53. LindsayNicole

January 27th, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I love this Casey. You are a beautiful person and these are lovely words.

54. Sandy a la Mode

January 27th, 2012 at 7:52 pm

i am sooo matchy matchy it's kind of sickening.. but i am trying to branch out!

55. The F Girl

January 27th, 2012 at 8:14 pm

We do that too, that sneaking into the childrens rooms and stare at them. Sometimes I don't want to wake them, because I feel guilty, but yet I make just a little bit too much noise….it might be a little bit on purpose 😀

I know the fear of loss too. It's something I am feeling strongly too. But I tell myself it's in fact a good thing. That it just means there is just so much goodness in our life.

56. kinze

January 27th, 2012 at 8:52 pm

love this post … always fun learning new things about you … and praying those blood test keep coming back great!

January 27th, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Hope you have a wonderful weekend..

58. breanna.

January 27th, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Hi. I found your blog today from Kerrie over at http://kerriewade.blogspot.com/

I just want to say that your transparency through your writing is so inspiring. I can't wait to read more of your posts!
    I am linking up with your blog and adding your button to mine!

59. Clauz

January 28th, 2012 at 12:39 am

I love it.
    Thanks Casey for being a role model ..
    for sharing your life and all those special moments.
    I love your blog and since I started reading it has changed my outlook on life ….

60. BCshutterbug

January 28th, 2012 at 1:43 am

This post is beautiful. Almost brought on a few tears, especially the line

I put on sad shows to mask my tears of fear sometimes. Having almost lost my relationship once, my heart wrenches every time I hear a certain song or read about some one else struggling. Or sometimes just for no reason at all it pops into my head.

You have a beautiful family and I wish you all the best! Keep that positive attitude about this year being a lovely one and it will be.

61. {annie}

January 28th, 2012 at 3:06 am

You are such a sweet soul. I love your heart! Thank you for being a light in this world!

62. life_lavender

January 28th, 2012 at 3:08 am

Love your posts, they really give me so much inspiration. Beautiful and amazing words, really.

63. victoria

January 28th, 2012 at 4:00 am

if u asked me i would say i really enjoy your blog 🙂

64. littlepenelopelane

January 28th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Such a beautiful post. so so happy for you and your sweet family. XO

65. ♥ CheChe

January 28th, 2012 at 10:44 pm

i feel like this year is going to be crazy for me. Lots of breaking and I pray filling of His spirit in those places. I love your post! You are so real and I can definitely appreciate it because I am kinda wired the same way.

p.s. Can I tell you that you the love you have for your children has made me become a woman who can't wait to have children and to know that even though I didn't feel that love growing up I get the chance to love my own child and break the cycle :)!?

66. Shug in Boots

January 30th, 2012 at 2:47 am

i love that you have the guts to just write. real stuff. i too struggle with imagining how devastating it would be to lose my husband, my children someday, other close family, etc. I have to constantly remind myself that God is in control and fear is not of the Lord. 🙂

67. Ashley

January 30th, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I love reading what you write! You are an amazing mom. So enjoy your blog!

68. Kat

January 30th, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I spend an extra few minutes rocking Peanut after her bottle at bedtime because I just can't seem to bring myself to put her down and walk away. A mother's love is something that I could never describe no matter how hard I try.

February 9th, 2012 at 6:46 pm

hello {new} friend! i'm sorry to say that i'm late to the wiegand party, as i'm just discovering your blog! how is that possible?! anyway, your family is lovely and pumped to scroll through your posts. 🙂