thoughts.

null

These are cellphone pics from Chris & I’s date night last weekend.
Chik Fil A and a movie.
I love him :).

In one part of the movie, the little boy talks about purpose…and how it makes him sad when things are broken….because they can’t do what they are made to do.
Then he makes the comparison to people.
How we too have a purpose and sometimes we get stuck in a place (not doing what we were made to do)- and how in a sense we are “broken”.
YES. I could not agree more!
Yes, there are truly seasons where we must take jobs just to pay bills and seasons where our dreams must wait….. but when looking at our life purpose, what we were made to do, intended to do- that is where it is at!

Something else that has been on my heart this week to share is something about our money situation. I have posted very openly about struggling financially. For us it’s an interesting situation. We know the exact dollar amount we must make each month to break even. We are both freelance- meaning we don’t know when someone will want a commission, or pictures taken, or a video or when someone will sign up for an art class. We live by faith- that people will hire us month after month.
Some months we just barely make it or we come up short.

But this month we have been blessed with a lot of work.
So I wanted to publicly thank God for blessing us this month, even if it’s just for December.

December 9, 2011

1. Sandy a la Mode

December 9th, 2011 at 2:49 am

super cute photos!! so happy that you two have been blessed financially this month! hoping it continues on and on! xo

2. {amy k.}

December 9th, 2011 at 2:49 am

i'm guessing you saw hugo… if not, then you should because these were some of my thoughts during that movie! and chick-fil-a is always a winner… makes me hungry now!

3. The Bargaehr Adventures :)

December 9th, 2011 at 2:50 am

YAY!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Praise God!

4. Brittney - The Luycx's

December 9th, 2011 at 2:51 am

I think it is so inspiring the way that you guys follow your dreams & trust God to take care of the rest! I think that is what life is all about. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. kaity

December 9th, 2011 at 2:54 am

sounds like someone saw Hugo. :] I absolutely loved that movie! it was definitely one of the best I saw all year. I really loved his speech about purpose – I think it's very applicable to life.

6. Cassie

December 9th, 2011 at 2:57 am

Cute pictures! Love what your saying about purpose & I am so glad that ya'll are making enough money this month! xoxoxo

7. Emma

December 9th, 2011 at 3:07 am

๐Ÿ™‚

8. Mr. Taylor and his Lady

December 9th, 2011 at 3:08 am

this is such a beautiful post. and i know full well that you and your beautiful family will be okay. everything will work out just the way it is supposed to. either way, we all have you in our prayers.
    xo TJ

9. Trisha @ clarionwren.com

December 9th, 2011 at 3:09 am

I totally agree that it's all about finding your purpose – what does God want us to do? I'm thankful that you have been blessed this month. God is good!

December 9th, 2011 at 3:15 am

ahhh! hubs took me to that movie for my birthday AND we luurve chicfila. ๐Ÿ™‚

good thoughts dear and really love your thankful heart. God is awesome!

11. modern Suburbanites

December 9th, 2011 at 3:29 am

adorable photos, what a great date night!

12. Natalie @ NS Pottery

December 9th, 2011 at 3:35 am

Love to hear how God is blessing you!! Living by faith is where it's at!! ๐Ÿ™‚ xoxo

13. Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter

December 9th, 2011 at 3:48 am

chick fil a. mmmm
    loved yours words of faith and wisdom.

14. Trรจs bien

December 9th, 2011 at 3:58 am

God is so faithful. Happy for you all and am certain God has good things in store for you and your family!
    Trรจs bien
    redemptionisbeautiful.blogspot.com

15. Summer

December 9th, 2011 at 4:39 am

I love you being so open with your struggles. We all can identify in one way or another. And now I'm going to be craving some Chick filA- I haven't eaten there since I was a kid!

16. Erin

December 9th, 2011 at 4:51 am

So happy to hear this sweet news of God's provisions. ๐Ÿ™‚ Bless you and your family!

17. Summer

December 9th, 2011 at 4:57 am

Isn't God amazing?!? He doesn't always work the way we think He should or as fast as we want or as BIG as we hope….but He always works. =)

18. Erika

December 9th, 2011 at 5:36 am

I love this!
    Thank you so much for reminding me to have faith!

Money issues are the worst!

19. Mary Kate

December 9th, 2011 at 7:46 am

Casey – we are so in the same boat. We just moved a couple months ago to full on pursue our dreams..I left a dream job to pursue a BIGGER dream job and my husband's dream as well! It was a bit scary not knowing if we would have income and for the first time in our marriage, we came up short. BUT – God has blessed us this month as well – I can barely keep up with all the work!! God is soo good, so it blesses my heart to know that HE is taking care of you and your family as well this month! God loves giving us gifts on his birthday…which is kinda funny when you really think about it..I mean it is HIS birthday! But, I think choosing to chase after our dreams and who God created us to be is a gift to Him in it's own. Merry Christmas!!

20. Jay

December 9th, 2011 at 8:39 am

What was the name of the movie you were watching? Also I like the red doted shirt and the black and white shirt combo. As usually you rock the layered look.

21. Brittany

December 9th, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Hi Casey… Love this post! My Mr. and I gave up a 'more comfortable' life out west to live in a village. The struggle is hard and finances make it seem impossible sometimes… but the love of a family and the faith one has gives amazing strength. love.love.love.

xx britt

22. amy D

December 9th, 2011 at 1:19 pm

well Praise the Lord! He is good. I was just reading yesterday morning in Philippians– "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (4:19)
    You're such an inspiration, Casey. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

23. Robyn

December 9th, 2011 at 1:31 pm

can i just say that i love how Chris still wears at least the grey Simple Slouch hat on a regular basis?! quietly representing, and i'm so glad it's a hat that's comfy and casual, and perfect for his everyday!

24. Rachael

December 9th, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Happy for you guys! Still pray for y'all.

I think I accidentally posted my linky twice ๐Ÿ™ Well one is my regular blog and the other is the most recent post. Not sure but my internetz did some cah-razy stuff! Just wanted to let you know I wasn't trying to junk up the linky list! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great Christmas!

<3 Rachael

25. Sara

December 9th, 2011 at 4:12 pm

My husband and I just saw Hugo last night too! It was beautiful and we talked about that same scene afterwards too! That movie was a beautiful nod to film makers.

December 9th, 2011 at 6:53 pm

I love how you not only publicly thanked God for the blessings He's given you but also mentioned that you're going to stow away your extra money in case January is a rough month. I was in a small group a few weeks ago in which we were talking about stewardship and, a lot of times I don't think about it or forget it, but God blesses those who are smart with what He gives them. He may not always hand us money but He always provides to those who are faithful. Keeping you and your family in my prayers as you continue to follow your dreams!

27. Tales of a young mamma

December 9th, 2011 at 8:23 pm

You guys are both So inspiring! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

28. Dirty Mommy

December 9th, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Your honesty moved me to tears. It is a struggle many of us face.

Thank you for the reminder of our purpose and for your inspiration.

29. Clauz

December 9th, 2011 at 11:59 pm

lovely!!
    You deserved it!!
    Its nice to hear about your financially its going well, I pray that continue like this..
    God bless you casey!!

30. The Clarks

December 10th, 2011 at 12:30 am

Thank you so much for your honesty on your blog, in rough times and in good.
    My family has been where you are and it always amazes me the way God provides. He always meets my needs so that I can serve His purpose. Like having a friend sell their car and tell us that God told them to give us $500 from the sale. They had no idea we were exactly $500 short that month. I'm a broken person, in a broken world, serving a perfect God, who supplies my every need.

31. Kristen

December 10th, 2011 at 1:22 pm

your honesty is seriously refreshing. so glad everything is working out for you and you can enjoy your holidays!

kristen

mikie and kristen

32. Mrs. T

December 11th, 2011 at 1:53 am

fun!!! hubby and i are way overdue for a date!! what movie did you see??

33. stephanie joy

December 11th, 2011 at 3:43 pm

so glad that you've been blessed financially this month.
    but isn't it amazing how blessed we can feel when we need to look to God to fill in those gaps?
    here's hoping you have a lovely christmas!!!

by the way… you were at northpark mall, huh?
    LOVE that mall… so many pretties…
    so many pretties OUT of my price range.
    but fun to look at!!
    hope you had a blast on your date night.
    they are so needed when you have littles running afoot.

ยฉ CaseyLeigh 2019  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  |