friendship.

null

These 2 girls make me happy.
They love me for me.
 No guilt trips, no expectations, no competition- all just love and encouragement.

So many of my friendships have drastically changed in the past 5 years.
People I thought would always be in my life are not, people I never expected have entered.
These 2 lovelies are blessings.
and the dearest to me.

We meet every few weeks early in the morning (before babies wake up)…we eat and talk and  laugh a lot.

We always order the same things-
me: a coke, hot chocolate , cheese grits and toast.
These 2: share pancakes and fruit.
Sarah gets her cappuccino.
These 2 came into my life at the perfect time and have loved me so well.
This morning we met and they both wrote me the most beautiful letters with my Christmas gifts, I thought I’d share :)! xoxo

null

casey,
On a music line you are the strongest note
of posture, beauty and an influence coat.
God’s design can only be steady and true
because of the patience and love seen in you.
He made something that reflects heaven on earth
when He made both the inside and outside of you.
Love, S

null

null

Casey,
Friends are the family you choose.
I am so grateful to call you a friend.
It’s silly but  I am so lucky that I get to know the true behind-the-scenes Casey.
 I will always be your biggest fan.
Here is to 2012! Love, S

null

Thankful for what they are in my life.

null

“We all pretend for a while or for a lifetime. But pretending is not living…I believe that God meant for life to take our breath away, sometimes because of the sheer joy of it all and sometimes because of the severe pain. To choose living over pretending means that we will know both.”

It’s good to have buddies like these 2 by your side on this crazy journey called life.

null

null

December 11, 2011

1. Sarah Beauregard

December 11th, 2011 at 2:08 am

Case! I love it! You're so good to us and I can't wait until our next breakfast! Love you to the moon and back.

2. shelley

December 11th, 2011 at 2:14 am

I love this post best of all !! You are real here. No getting all dolled up for the world to see. I love that you have two very special blessed friendships. Friends have the power to edify us (obviously in a different way than Christ)and encourage us. They are both prizes and gems to be treasured. Be blessed.

3. Urban Nester

December 11th, 2011 at 2:14 am

This is such a sweet post! Good friends are hard to find, but when you find them, hold on to them! These girls seem like gems. I have two girlfriends in my life who have been my best friends since I was in Elementary school. It's rare to have lifelong friendships, but I know these girls will be in my life forever. Love this post. Thanks for sharing!

xo.

4. Caitlin

December 11th, 2011 at 2:14 am

I have always believed that Friends can sometimes be seasonal (as much as I wish some would stay) but they are there when you need them – to help you go through a hard time, to lift you up when you need it most – but it is the friends that are there through everything and stick around without judgement are the ones to truly cherish.

I loved your post!!

5. Sarah Beauregard

December 11th, 2011 at 2:16 am

Oh and p.s. Steph messed up our breakfast ordering by getting scrambled eggs too! 😉

6. natalia

December 11th, 2011 at 2:21 am

casey. so good to know that you have mighty women alongside of you through your daily life. what a blessing to find friends of the heart & live close & be committed to one another. many only hope for that. you my dear are a blessing & they are a blessing to you.

XO.

7. Sarah

December 11th, 2011 at 2:23 am

I love seeing you smile Casey. I feel like we don't get enough of those pictures 🙂

8. Chelsea

December 11th, 2011 at 2:41 am

Those letters made me cry– my best friend lives in Louisiana & I live in MN. I miss her every single day. You are so, so lucky and blessed to have your best friend so close to you 🙂

9. Changing Lanes

December 11th, 2011 at 3:00 am

You deserve good people in your life. Yes…friends are the FAMILY you choose. 😉

10. Brittany T.

December 11th, 2011 at 3:18 am

beautiful! what a blessing God gave us when he gave us friends 🙂 always at our side. xoxo!

11. Karie @ The HoB

December 11th, 2011 at 3:23 am

What a blessing!!

12. Purposely at Home

December 11th, 2011 at 3:23 am

yay for outings with friends that mean the world to you! those kinda friends are…special.

purposelyathome.blogspot.com

13. seizinglifebythewristlet

December 11th, 2011 at 3:33 am

we all need a good friend, or four 🙂 Beautiful post.

December 11th, 2011 at 4:33 am

Praise the Lord for His gift of friendship. I love that your friend wrote "Friends are the family you choose." So true! These two sound like such a blessing!!

I am so thankful for you in my life, Case!

15. The Cantelmo Family

December 11th, 2011 at 4:59 am

So true 🙂

16. Morellocherry

December 11th, 2011 at 5:04 am

Great post, lady! 🙂 You're very blessed to have friends like these 🙂

17. Jazlyn

December 11th, 2011 at 5:36 am

Having people who truly care about you is so important. My sister is that person in my life and there is truly no overestimating the value of that relationship.

18. Erin

December 11th, 2011 at 8:27 am

"As Iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."

God is good. He provides us with the friendships we need. 🙂

19. Dawn Duddy

December 11th, 2011 at 9:32 am

Casey, I'm so glad you surround yourself with woman who know and understand you and have the hearts to write something so precious for you to hold on to. Sweet tribute to all of you! Dawnee @ http://www.thisbeautyisee.com

20. Cindy

December 11th, 2011 at 3:19 pm

It is said that friends are the family we choose for ourselves,I believe this to be true. When we find dear, dear friends, we must nurture those friendships and love them well. I'm happy you've got good friends like these two.

21. Gina

December 11th, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Lovely notes – good friends like this are really so hard to find and such a blessing!

22. Abby (Diligent Joy)

December 11th, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I love this- love it.

23. erin

December 11th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Friendship is so important. Girlfriends especially. I'm glad you make that time with your busy schedule for some of that. They sound like the sweetest. Love the pic of the three of you. 🙂

24. Ashleigh

December 11th, 2011 at 8:17 pm

It is so wonderful to have friends like that. Makes me miss mine!

25. Lauren

December 11th, 2011 at 8:38 pm

so precious! friends like these are awfully hard to come by, but when you find each other it is such a blessing! no guilt trips, no expectations… perfect!

26. Susan

December 11th, 2011 at 8:51 pm

How blessed you are to have such true friends. They are few and far between…

27. The F Girl

December 11th, 2011 at 9:09 pm

THey sound like wonderful friends. And what a great friend you must be to have them love you so much. You all are very blessed.

Enjoy the wonderful times together!

28. AbsoluteMommy

December 11th, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I have friends like this in my life and feel incredibly blessed.
    I think I want to start this tradition, but we are night owls, so it will have to be late night coffee and dessert!
    Loves

29. Sandy a la Mode

December 12th, 2011 at 12:50 am

i love my girl friends! they are the BEST!! 😀

30. Mr. Taylor and his Lady

December 12th, 2011 at 1:13 am

this post is just so precious! friends are definitely so necessary and meaningful in our lives. thank you for sharing these two special people in your lives. adorable!!
    xo TJ

31. Steph Romney

December 12th, 2011 at 2:13 am

I love reading this blog. You are a gorgeous lady, inside and out.

Check out my December giveaways. My favorites, all month!

stephanieromney.blogspot.com

32. Jen | Our Happy Family

December 12th, 2011 at 4:21 am

Beautiful post! It's so important to spend time with good friends 🙂

33. Breeann

December 12th, 2011 at 7:35 am

Friends like that are to be cherished for sure 🙂 What a blessing! xoxo

34. Poor Pitiful Pearl

December 12th, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Good friends are so important.
    Seriously, you are awesome! your friends letters are the sweetest.

Much love Mama

December 12th, 2011 at 7:06 pm

LIfe is not complete without great friends, those that you can trust and just be yourself….and just be. Lovely post Casey.

36. Daisy

December 12th, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Lovely photos !

37. Alexandra Rose

December 13th, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I wanted to leave a comment on your video post, but the comments are turned off. I love how you guys meet before the kids wake up. What a great idea.

Your videos are so adorable. The one of your trip to Malibu is breath taking. The apartment is stunning. The view is magical. I also took my daughter to that playground when I visited Malibu (from London) and she loved it. Ahh how I miss the beach.