I am blank because…

I got this idea from the beautiful Little Miss Momma…I am blank because….

I am weird because…

I hate smells of any kind.
I like eating jelly on sandwiches instead of mayo or mustard.
I havent cut my hair in years because I want it to be long so bad.
I am afraid of rollercoasters.
I make s’mores in the microwave.
I love to be pursued.

I am a bad friend because…

I never return phonecalls or texts.
I am a homebody.
I am forgetful.
I am bad at writing thank you cards.

I am a good friend because…

I would do anything for any of my best friends at any moment.
I want all my friends to succeed.
I know what it means to give and love well.
I am trustworthy.
I am loyal.

I am sad because…

I can’t please everyone.
Some days I just feel like I am failing.
I want a baby.
I want back the baby we lost.

I am happy because…

My marriage is better than ever.
I have started cooking a little more.
My kids are amazing.
Our studio is blessing little kiddos.
I have a fire lit, chili on the stove, Christmas tree decorated and Christmas music playing.

I am excited for…

November 21, 2011

1. Colleen

November 21st, 2011 at 2:37 am

Beautiful, Casey. You're such a doll. Yay for happy Christmas thoughts πŸ™‚

2. {amy k.}

November 21st, 2011 at 2:37 am

love this idea! will definitely be giving it a go on my blog in the near future! i love the family snuggle time! and christmas decorating sounds lovely!

3. Ashley Blunt

November 21st, 2011 at 2:39 am

I love it all! πŸ™‚ A little jealous you already have your Christmas tree up! Go you!

4. Hollie Ann

November 21st, 2011 at 2:41 am

great idea! i loved this. and God will bless you with a baby again sweet girl…and you will not forget the little one who didn't make it to earth…and you will meet him/her someday.

5. Ronni

November 21st, 2011 at 2:47 am

I'm going to "borrow" this OK? Will give you and Little Miss Momma credit….

6. Ronni

November 21st, 2011 at 2:48 am

OH, one more thing!

I completely understand the long hair thing. Mine is finally growing after years of breakage due to using a relaxer. Now that I've gone natural, my hair is long and wild and I love it (most of the time).

7. Monet

November 21st, 2011 at 3:00 am

I loved this post ! Very beautiful ! I might have to just steal this & put this on my blog ; )

8. Morellocherry

November 21st, 2011 at 3:04 am

You're so sweet πŸ™‚ I love your posts πŸ™‚

9. Janelle

November 21st, 2011 at 3:08 am

Love this! Love how your so real!!!!

10. jessica

November 21st, 2011 at 3:16 am

I love this cute little list! I loved everything but I really loved reading the "happy" part because it made me smile…and be SO jealous that our tree isn't up yet and I'm not listening to Christmas music! πŸ™‚

11. Erica!

November 21st, 2011 at 3:31 am

I love this! I will be using this idea for a future blog post πŸ™‚ I will credit you & little miss momma.

One day you will meet that little baby πŸ™‚ So glad we have hope from our savior Jesus Christ!

12. Hanna

November 21st, 2011 at 3:38 am

My bank account is negative every month. SERIOUSLY! beautiful post. you are not alone.

13. Ashley

November 21st, 2011 at 3:47 am

πŸ™‚ love this and you!
    And I am 100% the same way about texts/phone calls, thankyou notes and being a homebody.
    So please don't ever feel bad for not texting back… and don't be offended if I don't text back for days… just know I love you haha!
    LOVE YOU πŸ™‚

14. Melissa

November 21st, 2011 at 3:48 am

There's nothing wrong with s'mores in the microwave!

15. Kassie

November 21st, 2011 at 4:00 am

This is the third post like this I've read. Planning on doing one like this tomorrow.

I'm sure you'll have another baby because God knows your desire…and he has your precious baby in heaven with Him…so one day you'll see that baby to!

Love to you!

16. brooke hammel

November 21st, 2011 at 4:24 am

Casey, I understand how you're feeling on the sad parts… our bank account has been negative for about two weeks now and we have like one diaper and maybe a couple dollars to our name. Totally sucks, but God is using this season to cause us to become more and more dependent upon Him, to have open hands to both give and to receive… the giving part is so important even when we lack. Much love to you.

17. The Cantelmo Family

November 21st, 2011 at 4:26 am

Love it! πŸ™‚
    Our account is negative too. It's a horrible cycle because you have to pay all those fees. I'll be praying for you!

18. Sarah

November 21st, 2011 at 4:33 am

I'm really jelly of your sunnies. Happy Thanksgiving week! && I might steal this idea πŸ˜‰

19. rhodes1

November 21st, 2011 at 4:35 am

What a great idea! I may have to copy.

20. Sandy a la Mode

November 21st, 2011 at 4:53 am

this is SUCH a cute idea!! i may have to steal it!! loved getting to know you a little bit better! πŸ˜€

21. tahnie

November 21st, 2011 at 4:54 am

you are so sweet case. your heart is just so big and you inspire me to live better.

i strongly dislike asking for prayers, but could you say one or two for me and my little family? i received some very difficult news earlier this week about my health. trying to stay positive and soak up the moments with my girl.

love&light.
    xo.

22. Urban Nester

November 21st, 2011 at 6:15 am

I love this! I saw this on 'little miss mammas' blog and thought it was such a clever idea. Love your answers! So honest and real! Oh! Really cute top :]

xo.

23. Erin

November 21st, 2011 at 7:06 am

Loved this! I am doing this same post too! I love her blog and yours for that matter!

It's so hard to please everyone and that is something that always brings me down too. We need to remember that we cannot do everything. We cannot be there for everyone at every moment. We are amazing though! πŸ™‚ Don't forget it…you can see it with every smile you get from your sweet hubby and adorable babies! πŸ™‚

24. natalia

November 21st, 2011 at 7:08 am

praying for you mamas. thanks for sharing as always. you are so beautiful inside & out!

you are such a faithful daughter & just continue to live each day & moment in his will & he will provide for you!!!!

XO

25. β™₯ CheChe

November 21st, 2011 at 7:59 am

mmm I adore this post. You are so beautiful. I want to just pray right now that the LORD would bless your finances and that you would just give and surrender every dollar to HIS WILL and HIS PURPOSE for your life. And I just ask that HE would bless you with more children and bless you with HIS healing and HIS strength through these trials… πŸ™‚ Your beautiful.

β™₯CheChe

26. Alyx

November 21st, 2011 at 11:14 am

I absolutely love this idea. And if you're a bad friend… I totally am, too, because I'm HORRIBLE at returning calls and texts!! And remember – it's all on God's time. Everything will be okay.

November 21st, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Great post!
    I can relate to a lot of it but for sure to the "bad friend section". I'm so guilty of all of them πŸ™

28. The School Nurse

November 21st, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Great post Casey! You know I love any version of the "I Am" poem πŸ™‚ Hope to read more!

29. Stephanie Shepherd

November 21st, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I am excited for upcoming date nights too. Maybe even a day date with the extra time we have this week to spend with one another πŸ™‚

30. About Me

November 21st, 2011 at 2:41 pm

This was a really sweet post. I can definitely relate to a lot of your points.. and yeah, I am so terrible at responding to phone calls, too.

One random note, not at all a judgement, but more of a 'i've been in your shoes'. If you cut your hair more frequently it will actually grow faster. I never would have guessed, but apparently because if we don't cut it, it gets split ends and stops growing (or something like that). Here's to long hair! πŸ™‚

31. Angela [Simply Simple Me]

November 21st, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I am a bad friend and a good friend for the same reasons that you are.

I get upset that I cannot please everyone as well. It really hurt my heart when you said "I am sad because I want the baby back we lost". That has to be so hard.

I love that you ended with things you are excited for though <3

Happy Monday πŸ™‚

32. Sharon

November 21st, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Hello Kindred Spirit,

Although my husband and I didn't lose a precious baby, we are unable to conceive. But God has lovingly softened the sting of that fact through prayer (and a lot of tears). I don't know why God allows certain things to happen but it appears He has surrounded you with such a warm and gentle family. All the best to you,

Sharon
    P.S. Love not only your post but your beautiful blog, I would love to incorporate this idea as well.

33. I am LOVD

November 21st, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I am so happy you are having such a blessed time – enjoy! All that gratitude will give way to karma and even more blessings than you could ever dream.

November 21st, 2011 at 6:38 pm

great job! I find it hard to think of some of these things: about myself.

I'm still working on my list and hope to complete it soon πŸ™‚

-Great job!

35. Tara

November 21st, 2011 at 6:55 pm

love this post!

36. Kristy

November 21st, 2011 at 7:22 pm

LOVE this!! I might have to borrow this idea for a post, too!! πŸ˜‰

37. KY

November 21st, 2011 at 8:51 pm

This is a fabulous idea! Thank you for sharing πŸ™‚

New follower here.. looking forward to more!

Kym

38. Talia

November 21st, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I love this! You have such a beautiful spirit. It shines through each and every post.

November 21st, 2011 at 9:31 pm

i love you beautiful friend!!!

40. Kacie @ A Collection of Passions

November 21st, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Lovely and honest.

Kacie

41. Molly

November 21st, 2011 at 11:10 pm

So I may not be able to comment as much as I'd like…but every single post on blog your blog I have read. Every day you give me a little inspiration and I love hearing your story. Also, nothing is better than a decorated Christmas tree, Christmas music, and family. I cannot wait to decorate ours this week! Happy MONDAY

42. Poor Pitiful Pearl

November 21st, 2011 at 11:38 pm

did this on my blog. very fun and reflective.

xo.

43. Elizabeth

November 22nd, 2011 at 12:43 am

i don't think I have ever commented before.. but I think we might be twins. πŸ™‚ i have thought this for such a long time. i am a sensitive soul as well.. and the way you love you babies.. i connect with that. i love my baby the same way. love you blog.

44. Elizabeth

November 22nd, 2011 at 12:43 am

45. Elizabeth

November 22nd, 2011 at 12:43 am

46. She Speaks

November 22nd, 2011 at 2:53 am

Love this idea- I might borrow it! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

47. Jazmin @ The Miller's

November 22nd, 2011 at 3:33 am

Aww you are adorable!

I made one too!

β™₯Jazmin

48. Mr. Taylor and his Lady

November 22nd, 2011 at 4:43 am

this is such a great idea. i might just have to steal this idea from you for tomorrow!
    xo TJ

49. RosyRilli

November 22nd, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Christmas decorations already? Woah, look at you!

50. Kate

November 22nd, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I really like this idea. Thanks for your openness and honesty.

51. The Artist Eye

November 23rd, 2011 at 3:06 am

I can really appreciate your open-ness here on the internet. It's very refreshing. I can relate (being married a little over a year and broke haha and being a struggling artist), but I've come to realize that, we struggle, we make it and we enjoy the small moments that are good and make it all worth while even if it is horribly frustrating.
    My two cents…
    Catie

52. Erica

November 23rd, 2011 at 3:22 am

I loved this idea so much, I just did my own! Thanks for the inspiration! http://acostaafamily.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-am-blank-because.html

53. Heather :: AFD Jewelry ::

November 23rd, 2011 at 5:00 am

Love this post so much! I did one on my blog a couple days ago too πŸ™‚

54. This Cookn' Mom

November 23rd, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I love this idea! I hope y'all do not mind if I borrow it for my little blog!

55. Lissa

November 28th, 2011 at 1:31 am

Just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you. We don't know each other, but even so you're on my mind & in my heart. Hold tight to your family & your faith.

56. Lauren {whimsy lane}

December 13th, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I love that you said "Our bank account is negative.again." because I feel like so many people strive to put on facades when really, if we were all honest, we'd find that we're all in the same situations. Bravo on your honesty! And I really like this idea. I may just have to do one too πŸ™‚

Β© CaseyLeigh 2019  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  |