the artist in me.

I am not sure all of you know my story as an artist but it didn’t begin really until I met Christopher. He gets all the credit. He is the one who gave me the confidence to take my hobby and make it a profession. I still have never taken a class but am constantly amazed at how God continues to bless my little journey as an artist.

I love getting new paint in the mail, or a blank set of canvases! Many people have asked what supplies I use. I like to keep my “texturing” mixtures and combos a secret but I can tell you I use oil paint, acrylic paint (LOVE decoART so much), oil pastels, charcoal, sand and some secret things all to create my pieces!

I love knowing that they way I see the world can be put out on a white canvas for someone to enjoy in their home. I often think of God and how creative He is…every little detail that was created, so incredible.

August 23, 2011

1. Jami

August 23rd, 2011 at 5:26 am

Your painting makes me smile every time I look at it! You really blessed us! Xoxo

2. Janae

August 23rd, 2011 at 5:44 am

You're so inspirational! Thank you thank you thank you!

3. Janae

August 23rd, 2011 at 5:44 am

You're so inspirational. Thank you thank you thank you!!

4. The Duty's

August 23rd, 2011 at 6:02 am

you truly are an amazing artist! i hope to one day have one of your paintings in my house!! love you girl! you are so creative! πŸ™‚

August 23rd, 2011 at 6:34 am

Love that picture of you peeking over the table, so sweet. You have been blessed with an amazing talent my dear!

6. Caitlin

August 23rd, 2011 at 6:38 am

Love your artwork Casey, and the passion you have for creating. Keep up the wonderful work and sharing your passion!

7. Hannah

August 23rd, 2011 at 6:43 am

this is so awesome and inspiring. i'm about to set up a caravan for my art space; can't wait. keep up the brilliant work <3

8. talia & scottie

August 23rd, 2011 at 6:47 am

you are blessed to have Christopher. to push you & to be your cheerleader.

i can't wait to have your art hanging in my home someday!

XoXoxoXO. sister.

9. Susanne

August 23rd, 2011 at 8:04 am

these photos made me feel wanna start crafting πŸ™‚

10. Josie

August 23rd, 2011 at 10:49 am

You truly do have a gift. And I'm so glad your hubby encouraged you to pursue your dream! I love your art!

11. Sarah B.

August 23rd, 2011 at 11:42 am

I can't believe you've never taken a class!!! You're so talented πŸ˜€

12. danielle @ take heart

August 23rd, 2011 at 12:01 pm

thank you for the congratulations, sweet friend πŸ™‚ so exciting our babes are due right around the same time!

13. Marie

August 23rd, 2011 at 12:29 pm

you are so talented! I hope to one day be able to own one of your amazing paintings!

14. Ashley

August 23rd, 2011 at 12:47 pm

anointed talent πŸ™‚ love it!!!
    i heard at church awhile that when we praise and worship, it translates into paintings in heaven.

ashley

15. Jordan Rae

August 23rd, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I love this. I went to school to teach art in junior high but I decided to do hair instead. Still love it and only do it for my own enjoyment.

16. wildchild

August 23rd, 2011 at 1:00 pm

good for you, having something like that that you love so much and makes you feel so alive. your craft room looks like heaven, by the way

17. Lindsay

August 23rd, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Your so talented my friend!

18. jboogribs

August 23rd, 2011 at 1:22 pm

oh casey – you inspire me =] i wanna go get out all my art stuff and go to town – wish I had an awesome workspace like yours

19. Amber

August 23rd, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Wow, so cool that you have never taken a class.

Talent at it's finest + a love for Christ = A Blessing.

20. SarahAnn

August 23rd, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I've thought about this so much. I'm not a painter (though I wish I was!!) but a writer. And I feel most alive when I'm creating. It reminds me how we're made in God's image–we are his creation, creating. It's such a connection to God…and how amazing that we can in a little way be so like the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE!

21. Tamera Beardsley

August 23rd, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Thank you so for sharing yourself…. you are an inspiration!

22. De EspaΓ±a

August 23rd, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I love that you're an artist. I love to create things too (more crafty than "artsy" stuff), and I too often think about how Heavenly Father created everything and what joy he must have had in that. It is so satisfying to create things and see how they can bring joy to other people's lives.

23. Lizzy

August 23rd, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I love this post. Simple yet captivating! I love the idea of an artist and while I myself can't really even draw, I appreciate art and viewing (kind of like you said) the world from a different perspective. Keep doing what you love because, even though times can be hard, it's what we're meant to do. LOVE <3

Lizzy

24. a girl with a smile

August 23rd, 2011 at 5:24 pm

you should start some online VLOG type-ish painting lessons. I would def sign up to take them!

25. Simplistic Beauty

August 23rd, 2011 at 5:51 pm

So pretty!! Love this! On facebook I saw this picture you painted. I love it!!! I will probably mess up trying to describe it…so I won't it's just beautiful!!!! The great thing is instead of buying paintings for your home….you can just paint a painting for your home!!!! I would love to be that talented!!!!

26. JDaniel4's Mom

August 23rd, 2011 at 7:07 pm

What beautiful work!

27. kinze

August 23rd, 2011 at 7:37 pm

all those pics just made me want to paint … look so fun!

28. Tarah

August 23rd, 2011 at 7:45 pm

oh i sooo love your art. wish i had some in my home! beautiful!

29. Sarah-Anne

August 23rd, 2011 at 8:38 pm

your creativeness blows my mind! loved this peek into your studio…where the magic happens, right? πŸ˜‰

30. Jill @myheartisyoursblog

August 23rd, 2011 at 9:12 pm

You really are talented. REALLY!

I really wish that we lived closer so that we could go to your studio in the dallas/ftworth area. I am a HUGE fan of the arts. I love to sing and act. When I think of high school I always wished I had taken an art class. maybe I will someday!

August 23rd, 2011 at 9:35 pm

yay for husbands who make us better people!!

32. Aleyta

August 23rd, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Sooooo when can I come play in your craft room?? πŸ™‚

33. Kristin

August 23rd, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Love your art posts, so inspiring! I'm an elementary art teacher, ever since I started teaching my own art has taken a backseat. You've inspired me to get back in the game:)

34. Bree

August 23rd, 2011 at 10:22 pm

You definitely are blessed! I love your work! πŸ™‚

35. Mindy M. Harris

August 23rd, 2011 at 10:41 pm

some day i'm going to own one of your pieces. a true joy to see them in person.

36. kristanlynn

August 24th, 2011 at 2:18 am

you make me want to go buy a bunch of paint and brushes and canvas and just paint! even though I've never touched a piece of canvas!!!

looooove it.

the lover just walked up and said…
    lover: is that the girl you're always talking about.
    me: yea.
    lover: do you know her in real life.
    me: no.
    lover: so you met her through blogging?
    me: yea.
    lover: do you wish you did.
    me: we would be best friends.
    lover: do you plan to meet her one day?
    me: it's on my bucket list.
    hahaha.

37. melifaif

August 24th, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I so need a room like that so I can get messy and let the creative juices….FLOW!!!!!! Love it.

38. Tempestt Evans

August 24th, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I love that you have never taken a class!!! Your talent is real and natural! Thank you for the peek into your creative space. Seeing how others create is a favorite of mine! I read you work with sand, maybe you'd like a jar of sand from the Oregon coast?! I want to go with my family and I love sharing and spurring creativity… πŸ˜‰ Keep up the awesome work! I'm newer to your blog but I love it so very very much! You and your family are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside!!!

39. Jordan Marie

August 25th, 2011 at 6:03 am

jealous of all the art supplies!

<3xojo

40. Consider The Lilies

August 25th, 2011 at 8:01 am

that art space is to die for. i definitely see the world through photography much like you probably do with canvases. it's a beautiful thing to have a hobby that allows creativity to seep out πŸ˜€

August 26th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

God has given you many amazing gifts…artistry, your little ones, your life. Go girl go- God loves watching you create.

Β© CaseyLeigh 2019  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  |