its a miracle.

Aiden and daddy made me a cake to cheer me up.

I really don’t have the words for all of the kind encouragement  I received with our horrific Macy situation. Thank you. So many of your emails and comments just had me in thankful tears. I felt so loved and wrapped up. I have such a sensitive spirit and doing this to something I care about so much has really rocked me. I still can’t think about it with.out just a paralyzing sadness. Being completely transparent I still have a lot of sadness, guilt and anxiety over this even though by some joyous miracle I think she is going to be okay. I am not someone who worries really ever, so now this new paranoia is an unwelcomed feeling. Praying it fades, praying He will cover my guilt. We take her back tomorrow to get all her bloodwork done again but overall she hasn’t skipped a beat.

Here is an excerpt from my hubby’s blog: (read whole post here)

“How can this be?
She wanted to play outside as soon as we got home. She drank a little and wanted to play. What? How? I dare you to google “Heat Stroke Dog” and “Temperature Inside Car” and “I Accidentally Left My Dog in Car”
Dogs don’t survive this sort of trauma.
Why did Macy?
Well I can’t explain it. I’m just so thankful she is here. I’m thankful to the vet, to the timing of my random trip outside, to the water that brought her temp down.
There are 2 ways to describe this event.
Either my dog was lucky OR
God saved her.
In a world of sick kids, war and diasease, pain and suffering, why do I have the nerve to say God saved my (soul-less) dog? Because I believe God would want me to give Him credit for something He may or may not have done, than for me to give glory to luck and chance and timing.
For me, this isn’t about a dog. This is about wondering why in the world God would CHOOSE to save this dog.
Why does Josh Hamilton toss a ball up into the stands, just like he has done hundreds of times, and this time, a fan standing next to his 6 year old son, fall over and die? Why this time?
Why does a man get shot in the face by a gunman and live? Because as a child this man had cancer in his nose and had a titanium plate implanted which was EXACTLY where the bullet hit and simply bounced off. Years ago, when this boy got news of his cancer did his parents pray to God, “God, why us?” “Why him?” Oh if we only knew what God knows. The cancer saved his life.
Last week, why was I frustrated that the back seat window wouldn’t roll up in our Tahoe? Because I knew we didn’t have the $500 to fix it. Why did the temperature not get as hot as it should have in our Tahoe and subsequently kill Macy? Because the window was broken.
I conducted an experiment today with thermometers in the Tahoe – parked in the same place – at the same time -12:30-3:30pm. The temp maxed out at 125 degrees. It must have been a miracle.
I’m glad I have a Father who even sees birds that fall from the sky (Matthew 10:29).”

Here she is. I’m sorry again Macy, mama loves you…

I am constantly reminded why I love blogging. Sharing your life with people, your heartaches, your triumphs…it’s such a beautiful thing. Thank you for being a part of our life.

I am truly grateful for each one of you.

July 17, 2011

1. Sarah Leonard

July 17th, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I am SOO happy for yall and thankful that she seems to be doing so well. I couldn't stop thinking about yall and her the last couple of days. It truly is a miracle. I know you will love that sweet dog even more now, if that's even possible 🙂

Love you!

2. Jen

July 17th, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I am SO happy to hear your sweet Macy is doing well. I have been thinking about her and your sweet family. What a miracle!!! xoxoxo

July 17th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

God answers prayer! Even about our doggies! 🙂 So happy for you guys.

4. tracywadeart

July 17th, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I have tears of joy for you all right now. I am so happy Macy is doing well. Rebel and Otis can't wait to bark in her face:)

5. Sarah B.

July 17th, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I seriously teared up yesterday when I read Chris's blog post! I'm praising the Lord he chose to save Macy!!! 😀

6. Douglas

July 17th, 2011 at 1:40 pm

WOOWOOO!! I'm so excited for ya'll right now. I really loved your husband's post. I think he's totally right…why would God do that? It is easy, as she is so important to your family, to see why. But then I remember my amazing friends who left their homes in Texas to be missionaries in the far east…and are back home not one year later because their two year old sweet baby boy is dying of cancer. It is easy for the people in THESE situations to ask why….there's just so much depth here. I just really appreciate the fact that ya'll are thrilled with the outcome, giving glory to the Lord, while also recognizing that the world is a painful place and some of these dear readers might be experiencing, God forbid, something even worse. Because he's totally right…it's all for God's glory…really good stuff. Thanks….Marissa

7. Amy Lynne

July 17th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

That is awesome!! I was praying for her all day! What an amazing God!

8. The Blogivers

July 17th, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Such great news! I was thinking about you guys all day yesterday, every time I looked at my pups. God is good!

9. Katie

July 17th, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I'm tearing up at reading this. It's so beautiful. x

10. L!$@

July 17th, 2011 at 1:54 pm

So glad to hear Macy is fine!! Such a blessing. Don't feel guilty.

11. katie

July 17th, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Casey, you have know idea how good it is to read this. Yes, God works in mysterious ways. God is good in all circumstances. Praying for the tests to come back with good news. Much love your way to you and your family.

July 17th, 2011 at 1:57 pm

This makes me so so so happy! I know it makes YOU so very happy, too. 🙂 God is in the business of miracles and He rocked at this one. 😉

13. pam

July 17th, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I am SO glad that our Father cares so deeply for us and hears our prayers… SO glad to hear that Macy is doing well…a true miracle…Our God is faithful!!

14. Alyssa Lynn

July 17th, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I prayed about this before I went to sleep last night. I read your blog first thing in the morning, and it was on my mind and on my heart the remainer of the day. I know it doesn't do much to say that accidents happen, and that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, so I talked to God about it instead. I'm so thankful that He is helping you and your family.

15. Samantha @ Moody Mama

July 17th, 2011 at 2:05 pm

So glad she is doing well!

This post was a tear jerker again just in a different way…

16. Ashley

July 17th, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Oh cas!!!! This just makes my heart so happy to reAd that she's going to be ok!!! YOU my dear are a wonderful mom. YOU are a blessing:) love you and will be praying the anxiety subsides! Happy Sunday!

17. Changing Lanes

July 17th, 2011 at 2:08 pm

love you. and tell chris i shared his words with J. yes ~ touching. never know what in turn macy will do to save one of your own one day. there is a reason. 🙂

18. Jenny

July 17th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Truly a miracle – I have never heard of a dog recovering like this.

19. ~The Neaves Nest~

July 17th, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Such wonderful news!!! I literally thought about it all day yesterday and just prayed that you would be spared that heartache! PTL!!

July 17th, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I don't know if I've ever commented on your blog but I read it some. This incident upset me so much yesterday. I laid on my bed and cried for Macy, even though I don't know her. I'm so overjoyed today to know that she will be okay. Please give her extra kisses and cuddles. She deserves them. And a little head pat from me, if you don't mind.

21. kboor4

July 17th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Wow Casey!!! I'm so relieved for you. Faith is an amazing thing. <3
    k

22. sswanagon

July 17th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Casey, I am soooo happy she is alright. I literally couldn't stop thinking about her yesterday, and I checked back to your blog multiple times to see if there was any word. So so happy for answered prayers! Love to your sweet family!

23. The Dayleys

July 17th, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I'm so happy for your family. What a beautiful little miracle having Macy back home and on the mend!! My heart is happy for you!

24. theolivetree

July 17th, 2011 at 2:37 pm

oh sweet friend!!!! I just read your post…tear and more tears…we have 2 dog and they were our babies before we had babies… you can't blame your self…you didn't know and didn't think about…so glad she is ok!

July 17th, 2011 at 2:38 pm

so SO awesome

26. Kelly

July 17th, 2011 at 2:40 pm

i read chris's post yesterday(it was beautiful) when you tweeted it. how can beautiful miracles NOT happen for you guys. you are both so beautiful inside and out and it's completely evident that the LORD is kept in the center of your life. praise the LORD the for being "shareful" (as my son would say) of his goodness. miracle's happen! i am so happy for you guys.
    xxO

27. Alyssa Rae

July 17th, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I am so extremely thankful to the Lord for sparing you that heartache! So glad to hear Macy is doing well! So happy that your heart doesn't have to be so heavy. For whatever reason, we thank the Lord for this little miricle in your lives…proving His love for you yet again. Hugs and love you guys:P

28. Elise Davis

July 17th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

🙂

July 17th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

30. Chelsea

July 17th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Again, this brought tears to my eyes. You have such a beautiful and kind heart. This is an incredible miracle but my prayers don't stop here. Sending all my prayers, thoughts, and hugs your way!!

31. lori

July 17th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

i am so, so happy to read this post this morning!!! i hope macy continues to be back to normal and you are able to let go of your guilt- it is very obvious that you are an amazing momma!

32. Simplistic Beauty

July 17th, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Awesome Miracle Casey! I nobody knows why God chooses what he does, the miracles he does. Maybe God thought you just needed a reminder that he is still here, still thinking of you. Still caring about you. Still concerned about the small things in life! I had a similar situation, I almost died and so did my little Levi the day I gave birth….Long story short the week before I so overwhelmed by all the yucky stuff happening in life…. I thought to myself….God only did miracles during the bibical days. BOY, DID HE PROVE ME WRONG!

33. dana @ wonder forest

July 17th, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I am sooo happy she is doing well. I read your post to my fiance last night and we were both just so sad thinking about what you were going through. I can't imagine how I would feel if the same happened to my pup. Your dog was very loved yesterday and recovered for a reason. I'm so happy to hear this good news! Please don't feel like this was your fault… You couldn't have known. It is because of YOU she is alive 🙂
    Xo Dana
    thewonderforest.com

July 17th, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I'm so happy for you! GOD does work miracles! I have been thinking of you guys…..

35. Live Joyful

July 17th, 2011 at 2:53 pm

So thankful that Macy is home with your family.
    What a blessing. I believe God was watching over Macy and your family. 🙂

36. Kelsey

July 17th, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Praise the Lord!!!!! WOO HOO! I'm so thrilled to read that Macy is doing well. I was so sad for your family. What a horrible thing but WOW what an overcommer she is now! Nothing can stop her! God is obviously on her side and loves her as much as you do! Giving him all the glory and credit for this miracle is EXACTLY what you should do! 🙂 Praying for her continued recovery and your heart to heal!

37. Jess

July 17th, 2011 at 3:48 pm

GOD IS SOOO GOOD! So happy Macy is ok 🙂 this post really brightened my day & I thank you for that! xoxo

38. natalie

July 17th, 2011 at 3:50 pm

what an awesome miracle! i am so happy to hear that your macy is doing good! Praising the Lord & praying for you, my friend…i know that this must have been a trying time, but God is SO good…all the time!

39. Babymama

July 17th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

This just made my day.
    Your hubby's post is touching.
    It is a miracle.

Babymama

40. Courtney Williams

July 17th, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I am so happy to hear your sweet Macy is doing well! Continued prayers for you & your family!

41. Katie

July 17th, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Ah! God is good!

42. SVT

July 17th, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Wonderful news, Casey! So happy that Macy will be ok. I love the words on your hubby's blog as well. What a loving family you have!

Sheri

43. Simply Me Art

July 17th, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Well Thank God! This made my Morning, I hope Macy Continues to do well. Jamie

44. gratefulmama

July 17th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I am so happy to hear that is is ok. God is amazing!

45. Kassie

July 17th, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Your husband writes so well as well! =)

So happy your dog is okay!

46. Alicia

July 17th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I've been checking to see if you had an update up…I read your hubby's post late last night and was thrilled to hear she was doing better!!! I know the relief you feel is amazing! Macy is a special blessing to your family, one that He isn't ready for you to part with. So happy for sweet Macy and your family!

July 17th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I am without words at the miracle. Don't we serve such a loving, miracle-working God? I just can't get over His love for us. So happy Macy is okay! My heart is full!

48. Sarah Beauregard

July 17th, 2011 at 5:14 pm

This gave me chills. Soo happy for all of you. God is good.

July 17th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

your blog is adorable, and I absolutely love your photography.

50. amber

July 17th, 2011 at 5:30 pm

my heart was breaking as i re-read your last post about macy. i have a dog and i could just imagine the pain if i were in your situation. the guilt alone is paralyzing. i am so glad and over joyed for you all that she seems to be okay. it is a miracle, just shows how great God really is. may he continue to bless your family 🙂

51. Cory

July 17th, 2011 at 5:42 pm

That is such wonderful news. I have been greiving this story for two days. I don't believe that dogs are soul-less (first of all we ARE souls, and the spirit, or breath of God, is what is in us), or insignificant. God moves mountains, and prayer works. Praise God! And maybe a little worry and guilt, and anxiety keeps us humble, reminds us that we need to keep looking up to be covered by Him. This was a sad accident, but praise God that she is recovering! So happy for her, for you guys too. 🙂 {{HUGS}}

52. carlisle clan conversation...

July 17th, 2011 at 5:42 pm

God is so good. So beautiful that he loves us so! You and Chris did an amazing job of giving God the glory and it is inspiring! {PS LOVE Chris' shirt! 254, word.}

53. Ashlyn

July 17th, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Casey — i am so sorry that you have to go through this feeling of guilt & anxiety. the Lord will take that all away from you! {prayer} i am still praying for your sweet family & that ya'll will get through this hard time. God is a gracious God. it just goes to show that He is always watching over us. Glad you hear Macy is doing well!

54. Hi There

July 17th, 2011 at 6:22 pm

this post brought tears to my eyes, just as the last one. I have always thought in my heart things happen for a reason and reading chris' post says it all.

July 17th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

This not only made me cry but also made my week! I love and read you blog all the time but am horrible about commenting, something about this story touched me though! Your words are amazing and so is God! I am so happy for Macy and your family. She is an angel sent to your family and she isn't leaving:)

56. Savannah

July 17th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I'm soo soo happy to hear your good news. That is such a blessing that Macy was okay, definitely a miracle!

57. catherine

July 17th, 2011 at 6:48 pm

fantastic news! god is good all the time 🙂

58. Hanna

July 17th, 2011 at 6:55 pm

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! You just made my day Casey!!! I have been waiting to hear the update! I prayed with all my might for your beautiful Macy and I am filled to joy knowing she is okay! and I'm crying again!! Give her some extra snuggles when she gets home!!!

xoxoxo Hanna

59. Breeann

July 17th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Oh, beautiful friend, I am still praying for your heart. I am so glad she is ok, but I understand how it would be hard to get over what happened. I will definitely be praying for peace and for the guilt to be gone.

July 17th, 2011 at 7:47 pm

You are so loved, Casey, loved by many. But most importantly your Heavenly Father who shows mercy. I realish in His mercy. A few weeks ago I lost Christopher for fifteen WHOLE minutes. It was so long to be without my son. When we found him I was over whelmed with God's mercy. But that night I couldn't shake the fear, the guilt, the pain. I kept telling myself, "but he is alright. he is asleep in his bed stop, Nicole, feeling so sad." But I couldn't help myself, only He could help me. A verse from James came to me. 2 Tim 1:7 "God has not given us a spirit of fear." Over and over again I prayed that verse as I feel asleep. I woke up the next day renewed bc of our Father! PRAISE HIM FOR YOUR MIRACLE! And know confidently He did not give us a spirit of FEAR! Praying for you. Thanks for sharing your heart.

61. Daisy Girl

July 17th, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Soo happy Macy is ok!! I've been praying for her and for you and your family.. I will continue to pray for you and that God will continue to heal you of those feelings.. You're an inspiration to so many, you and your husband. You mean alot to alot of us.. even never meeting you.. Thank you for sharing your life with us. It's so refreshing to see "real" people.. I admire you & your husband for the people you are, and for letting go and listening to God.. It makes me smile..

Blessing to you, your family, and Macy.. <3

July 17th, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Casey,
    Oh my. I am so thankful…all through church today my pastor touched on losing someone close to you. As someone that considers my pets part of my family, all I could think of was you. I prayed for you several times throughout church today and I know that this was a miracle! Praise God-and I know you do!

63. Kristy

July 17th, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Your family is touching so many lives including my families!! My husband is not a big reader, but I even share your lives and your story with him everyday!! Y'all are such a beautiful family inside and out and God is clearly working through you! I am so happy that Macy is ok!! You are a wonderful mom Casey and such a GREAT example!!
    XOXO

64. Christina Clarke

July 17th, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Woohoo!!! God it GOOD! We serve and awesome God!

My hubby and I read your post yesterday and it brought tears of sadness, I kept looking for updates waiting and praying. Today we shed tears of joy.

I can't imagine how you must have felt and you must feel now but celebrate and rejoice that your furry baby is here to continue to go though life with your family.

65. Kerstin@TheRealHousewivesofIdaho.blogspot.com

July 17th, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Oh my goodness! This post brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy for you. Beautiful post, just beautiful. Hugs! XOXOXO!

66. Elizabeth Ann (Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box

July 17th, 2011 at 8:38 pm

1. God is good. . .
    2. Casey, the word accident is in the dictionary for a reason. because it is REAL. . . accidents happen . . sweet Macy knows that it was an accident. . . just like dogs know that you are sad. . . they also know that you don't mean things that are accidents. . . like when you accidentally step on their paw or something like that. . .
    3. I was out of town this weekend and read what happened on the facebook and wanted to text you but know that your phone is broken. So please know that I have BEEN PRAYING AND THINKING about you all weekend…
    4 with all of that said, I know that you feel horrible . . . even though you didn't know that macy was in the car. . . I know that you heart hurts so much. . . as would mine. . .
    5. and back to GOD IS GOOD. . . the window was broken, Chris went back out to the car, and God knew y'all could not handle one more thing this week . . . so miraculously, sweet macy was saved. . . and now, your precious puppy is cuddling with you in bed, happy and healthy. .
    6. Isn't macy's "grace" just like Christ's . . . she probably is acting like nothing even happened. . . which is TOTALLY the way the lord acts when we mess up and when we ask for forgiveness. . . he acts like nothing even happened. . . how sweet to have Macy as a reminder of GOD's AMAZING GRACE! 🙂 I love you friend. . . happy that Aiden and Ansleigh still have their little buddy to play with! 🙂

67. Jana

July 17th, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Glad to see Macy is okay! Our pets are a part o our family and it's hard to know you could have lost her. God is good to us!!

68. Suzanne

July 17th, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I'm so happy to see your post that all signs point to her being ok! What a blessing indeed! I'm so happy for you all!!

69. Kara

July 17th, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Oh my, it is a miracle. God is so good to us. I cannot imagine how hard that must have been for you and Chris. We are in love with our dog Bella and I just cried reading your heartache.

Praise the ONE who LIVES and who saved your sweet pup!

July 17th, 2011 at 9:51 pm

God is soooo good! Praise him for saving your doggie. What a happy day!!!
    PS: Your husband a gift with words, just like you do!

71. girl willow

July 17th, 2011 at 10:07 pm

So glad that she's ok!! Amazing! And so glad that we serve a God that cares about the big and the small and everything in between. 🙂

72. Paul, Lauren, Witt, and Nash

July 17th, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Wow!! I was sobbing last night reading your post! I am SO thankful that your sweet Macy is doing well. What an amazing gift.

Blessings,

Lauren

73. Gina and Tyler Robinson

July 17th, 2011 at 10:24 pm

So happy to hear this!

74. Heather :: AFD Jewelry ::

July 17th, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Just now catching up – so thankful Macy is ok! I'll add that little pup to my prayers!! My dogs are a huge part of my world, and we had quite a scare with my "first born", Ramon, last year. It was awful. Thinking of you and praying for you! XO!!

75. Carly

July 17th, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Hooray!! I've been checking back often and praying for you all and Macy… this was the news I was hoping to hear. Also, what beautiful words by your husband. You are both so talented.

July 17th, 2011 at 11:15 pm

such a beautiful family you have! SO glad to hear Macy is ok!!

July 17th, 2011 at 11:28 pm

oh my goodness, i would just die if this happened to my little newman! I am so sorry!! But I am glad to see macy is doing better!! I hope all turns out well! 🙂

78. School Nurse

July 18th, 2011 at 12:44 am

I happened upon your blog this weekend and couldn't stop thinking about and praying for your dog and your family! I don't know you, but I'm so happy your little fur baby is OK 🙂

79. Bree

July 18th, 2011 at 1:13 am

I am soo happy for you! I know that God worked a miracle for you! Just like he works miracles for all of us through you!!

80. Natalia Lynn

July 18th, 2011 at 1:51 am

You poor thing. What a rough couple days it must have been. I think God uses things that might appear like they don't mean anything (as your husband wrote, saving a {soul-less} dog) even if it is just to confirm to us His love for us. Isn't it amazing how God mulit-tasks all the time. Praise the Lord for showing you all His unfailing love for us!

81. KDubyaF

July 18th, 2011 at 1:57 am

We don't know each other, but I feel like we should! We have a lot of the same BU friends (I know bc I see your blog mentioned in their blogs, fb posts, etc) and I came by to read about your sweet Macy! I'm SO glad she's okay, I desperately needed to hear some good news after this weekend. A darling BU family lost their darling 8 mo old boy to a brain tumor after finding about it 3 weeks ago. I have cried tears and cried out prayers to the Lord about this and have been in a terrible funk for the past week. The news of your sweet Macy made me so very joyous! And don't beat yourself up or let the enemy use this to bring fear and anxiety into your life, the Lord was with her in that car and has carried her through! Again, SO happy to hear the happy end to this story, love your blog! 🙂

82. Christina

July 18th, 2011 at 3:01 am

That's a good husband and sweet boy you have!
    I'm so glad you're feeling better!

83. Natalie @ NS Pottery

July 18th, 2011 at 3:25 am

😀 AMAZING!!!!! I'll continue to keep you in my prayers! I appreciate your faith and transparency sooooo much!

84. Laura

July 18th, 2011 at 3:44 am

Yay, I am so so so glad Macy is doing okay and that your prayers were answered!!! I'm so sorry you have had to deal with this, please don't blame yourself, it wasn't your fault!!

85. Lindsay

July 18th, 2011 at 4:12 am

AMEN sister! I am so glad she's ok! This just made my night!

86. SoSoBella

July 18th, 2011 at 4:25 am

wonderful. i (we) are so happy to hear the news. hope his next set of test come back great. what a sweet family you have. hope the cake was yummy 🙂

87. Leslie @ top of the page

July 18th, 2011 at 5:30 am

i've been waiting with bated breath for this news. so so so thankful. and yeah, i believe God saved her too. sweet girl, just take comfort in the fact that this big giant accident is shining a bright light on our Lord, for thousands to see. Is your mistake so bad now in light of the glory He gets?? He is so good, and He knows what you need.

88. Shelley

July 18th, 2011 at 7:05 am

so i read yesterdays blog with tears streaming down my face. i tried to share it with my husband but couldnt get the whole story out with sobbing. we prayed for your family and Macy. i wanted so bad to call you, to come visit you and sit with you while you waited for her to recover. God is so good and I am so relieved and happy that things are well with her. Many blessings my sweet friend.

89. Lizzy

July 18th, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I'm SO happy that your puppy is ok!! I didn't read Saturday's post until today and then I read that she's going to be ok. Thank God! Sending you lots of love and hugs <3

Lizzy

90. Mrs.Danielle.Warren

July 18th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Oh my goodness! Bron & raised in Texas, I know how dangerous it can be. My heart is full of happiness as I read what happened & read that your Macy is okay! Thank goodness that she is still in your family!

91. tessajanephotography

July 18th, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Reading your heartbreaking story about Macy was so sad, I am so glad to see she is up and being your lovable pup once again! It certainly does seem to be a miracle! I have two pups and they are like children to me (don't have any babies yet) but I can only imagine how hard the whole situation would have been!
    YAY FOR MACY!

92. Tara {The Silver Lining}

July 18th, 2011 at 3:53 pm

What great news!!! Hope Macy continues to recover like a champ!! She's so precious!!!

93. Krista

July 18th, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I'm so glad to hear Macy is doing OK. May God continue to bless her and your family.

94. Emily

July 18th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Wow, I'm glad this story had such a beautiful ending. As a dog owner myself (we have two pups) I realize just what an important member of the family our dogs are–and I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a dog. I'm so happy she's OK.

95. Melanee

July 18th, 2011 at 10:25 pm

praise God! extra treats for macy!!

96. Stephani

July 19th, 2011 at 5:53 pm

So glad it seem she will be OK. Now, you can wallow in that unconditional love that I know she gives you!

97. Wallie

July 19th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

It truly is a miracle that your Macy has survived. I cried at your last post, as I too have dogs. They are our little ones as well…just our furry ones. 🙂 Thankfully, your Macy is a strong one and is not ready to leave your lovely family. Cheers to our little ones, littles and furries!!

98. picou.ek

July 20th, 2011 at 4:23 am

I am a dog lover and you post about macy my my heart sink and tears fill my eyes. I'm beyond happy to see that she pulled through. Things like that make you really not take the things, people, and pets you love for granted.

99. burgiggle

July 20th, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I just bawled reading that. My sweet dachsund recently passed away (she was 16) and not a day goes by that I don't miss my little shadow. I cannot imagine how you must have felt upon finding your pooch in the car. I feel such a sense of relief that she will be around to create and experience more memories with you and your family.

100. Cindy

July 20th, 2011 at 11:55 pm

I just got back from our honeymoon and finally am feeling settled back in and jumped on the computer to catch up on the blogs I love to follow. I JUST read about your dog! My heart sunk. We also have a dog so I understand the love for a pet; they're family, no doubt! I am sooo relieved to hear there was a happy, happy ending! Enjoy many more days with your cute lil pooch!

101. Carly

July 21st, 2011 at 4:59 am

So beautiful, Casey. <3

That's all I can say.

102. locollinsworth

July 28th, 2011 at 2:14 am

Ok, this is the first time I've ever looked at you blog and I was just browsing 🙂 Started reading this and I totally choked up right now! I'm so glad she is ok!! Jesus is so awesome! I love that you put Matthew 10:29. 🙂

103. Cathy

July 29th, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I went out of town the day you posted what first happened to Macy. I have been wondering for 2 weeks what the outcome was (I was out in the wilderness camping with the fam….and no internet)! So glad your little family is still intact 🙂

104. Lexi

March 6th, 2012 at 4:53 am

I am just now reading all of these posts about Macy and until I got to this post, I was sobbing on my couch, my poor husband staring at me like I was some kind of blogging nut. Things happen, good and bad. Thank goodness Macy is okay, you are okay, your family is okay Breathing a sigh of relief right now from a thousand miles away!
    ♡ Lexi