Easter morning breakfast is a fun tradition for us as a family! Easter baskets are opened, and we have a family breakfast before heading to church. I love finding ways to make Easter morning extra special for our kids, and these sweet bunny pancakes are a big hit!
I’ve included a template drawing here, you can freehand your outline using a pancake pen, or you can create pancakes like normal, and use clean kitchen scissors to cut out your pancakes into each shape.
Assemble on a plate, and decorate with whipped cream, and bananas — you can add blueberries, chocolate chips, whatever you prefer!
+ 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled) +
+ 2 tablespoons sugar +
+ 2 teaspoons baking powder +
+ ½ teaspoon salt+
+1 cup milk +
+ 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil +
+ 1 large egg +
+ 1 tablespoon vegetable oil +
1. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or oil), and egg. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened
3. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and rub with oil
4. For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round.
5. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
7. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm in oven.
8. Make these into sweet little bunnies and enjoy!