1. “The Rules of Magic” by Alice Hoffman – I grew up in love with the movie Practical Magic, based on a book by Alice Hoffman, The Rules of Magic is the prequel, set in the 1960’s and 70’s, is a fun quick read perfect for summer afternoons.
2. “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” by Maria Semple – This will be a movie this Fall! I love diving into a book before it hits the big screen, this was a funny, spurring novel that I think you’ll enjoy!
3. “Crazy Rich Asians” by Kevin Kwan – Even sweeter and funnier than the movie! This book is a part of a trilogy!
4. “The Whole-Brain Child” by Daniel J. Siegel – Switching it up with this one, but this is a fantastic read for parents of children, at any age! It’s a short book and to the point!
5. “Where The Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens – This is on my personal must-read list! I’ve just purchased it but the reviews are in, people can’t put it down or stop talking about it! I can’t wait to read!
1. “The Wonderful Things You Will Be” by Emily Winfield Martin – If you haven’t picked this one up yet for your little, do so now! It is so sweet and the illustrations are stunning! We own all of the children’s books by this author because they are so beautiful!
2. “Dragons Love Tacos” by Adam Rubin – Your little one will love this fun and silly book!
3. “Whose Boat” by Tony Buzzeo – This book shares about different types of boats and who operates them! A great book for any sea loving little one!
4. “The Cat at Night” by Dahlov Ipcar – You’ll love this one! It has pretty illustrations and the theme is great for young ones as well!
5. “The 50 States: Explore the U.S.A.” by Gabrielle Balkan – This fantastic book is one that the kids pull out over and over again, they love pouring over the maps and learning new facts!
Do you love reading? Have you read any of our top picks?