NASCAR. Our date!

photo photo3EDIT.jpg

photo photo1-1edit-2.jpg photo photo2-1EDIT.jpg

Going to NASCAR was such a crazy, fun experience! My sweet friend Emily told me that I needed to bring earplugs because it was so loud (which we did) but honestly nothing could have prepared me for this. This is the kind of loud that you can feel throughout your entire body. We got out of our car and were walking down the long dusty road to get to the entrance. As soon as we reached the second parking lot you could hear and feel the roaring of the engines. People were decked out in their NASCAR paraphernalia and there was a familiar, sweet smell of cooking out. When we got inside, we climbed up to our seat and I kept giggling because I would look over at Chris and realize he had been talking to me! I am serious, I could hear nothing! (take note, not a good idea to go here for a first date)

We had a blast, it was such a fun experience. Something that I don’t know if I will ever have the chance to do again, so glad I got to have a fun date with my favorite guy :).

photo photo5EDIT.jpg

photo photo1edit-2.jpg

photo photo1-2edit.jpg

photo photo4EDIT-1.jpg

photo photo2EDIT.jpg

photo photo4-2EDIT.jpg

* Thanks Chevy for the tickets! We had a blast :).

November 7, 2013

1. Unknown

November 7th, 2013 at 2:25 am

love your shirt! my 11 year old has one too. 🙂
    i'm assuming this was the one off 114? we saw the fireworks from our house. 😮

2. CaseyWiegand

November 7th, 2013 at 2:36 am

oh my goodness, did we miss fireworks?!?! We didnt stay until the very very end so now im sad we missed out!!

3. jeni

November 7th, 2013 at 2:28 am

casey- we LoVED it too! we got invited years ago and got to be in the pits for a while. weirdest, fun, thrilling feeling! fred and i had to text to talk 🙂
    just wait until you take your kids. watching them is priceless 🙂
    xo.
    jeni

4. CaseyWiegand

November 7th, 2013 at 2:36 am

oh my goodness LOVE!

5. walking dot photography

November 7th, 2013 at 3:46 am

I can't decide if that looks and sounds AWESOME, or if I would get super bored because I couldn't talk. :p Do you follow NASCAR on tv?
    xox
    giedre

6. CaseyWiegand

November 7th, 2013 at 4:05 am

LOL! I know right?! haha!! I dont follow it all, this was by far my first experience!!! do you?!

7. Southern Gal

November 7th, 2013 at 3:59 am

My grandparent's home was right across from the Darlington racetrack. I grew up going to races with my family. One of my first race memories is going with my granddaddy and sitting under the Grand Stand (with a tin roof) holding my ears! You brought back many memories. Thanks.

8. CaseyWiegand

November 7th, 2013 at 4:05 am

awww this just made me smile SO BIG!!!

November 7th, 2013 at 6:44 am

i can tell how much you and chris love each other from your smile. love it, friend!!

10. CaseyWiegand

November 7th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

aw this made me smile 🙂

11. Babygirl

November 7th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

If you ever do get to go again. rent the headsets, you can tune in and listen to drivers talk, and you can talk to each other if they are equipped with that. This year was the first time i'd done that, and it added to the experience so much!

12. CaseyWiegand

November 7th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

oh man! that would have changed everything! I didnt even know they had those!!!! thank you!!!

13. Ashley

November 7th, 2013 at 2:25 pm

how fun!!! I love dates with my love that are out of the ordinary!!!

14. CaseyWiegand

November 7th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

girl me too!!!

15. Ashley

November 7th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

SO glad you got to go and experience it! Thanks for the positive outlook on car racing, too many people assume they are a bunch of hillbillies 😉 I used to race cars on dirt tracks, and the stereotypes are awful! There's just as many millionaire business owners, as guys(or girls!) just getting by.
    I agree, rent headsets if you have the chance to go again…and wander around the campground/tailgate areas! Many people are happy to have you sit and join them for a meal, a snack, or just a beer.

16. CaseyWiegand

November 7th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

oh my goodness i love all this!

17. Stephy Penny

November 7th, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I went to NASCAR for my first time this summer and it was AWESOME!! Im planning to go again next summer, we went to the one in Michigan. I have so many pictures which I will definatly be blogging about when I get around to sorting through them all. 🙂 I LOVE seeing photos and reading about others NASCAR experiences.

Stephanie Vainer,

November 8th, 2013 at 3:59 am

There really is nothing like it. I'm a pearl-wearing-preppy-not-redneck huge NASCAR fan. It was fun to follow your day on IG.