goodbye 704!

Goodbye 704!

When I was a little girl I spent 9 summers at a summer camp. Then four years after that working there. I loved it. But my first few years I was so very homesick. I have always been an early riser and I can remember being a little girl in my bunk bed wide awake at 5 am, everyone else sound asleep.

And that is when my heart would ache for home.

I can remember just crying in my pillow.

I hadn’t thought about that in years…until I was at the hospital..

The days actually went by fairly quickly. I had tests, monitoring, meal times, visitors….but the nights & mornings were sad. That is when I ached for home the most.

I knew it would pass quickly.
And obviously was very worth it.

I received a comment that I want to share because I thought it was a great way to look at the situation… a great way for me to remember to give thanks when my heart was missing home.

“I scrolled through the photos and was praying for you and your family last night. I couldn’t help but think of all the people who would literally LOVE and are dreaming to be where you are. Not hooked up and concerned about baby Apple, but yes, at the same time there are so many who are living the hurt of NOT having a baby and wanting to be pregnant so badly. God works in ways none of us understand. So even when you find yourself in a place you’d rather not be, doing things you’d rather not be doing, I know from experience that ‘place’ can still be an amazing place. So I prayed that you would feel His hand and presence in the long wait you find yourself in. I know how sometimes each shift change can feel like a day- when in fact it’s only been 8 hours! Hospitals are tiring! Hang in there. Know you are loved by many, and by God more than all. Apple is in HIS care even as you are getting good hospital care. He loves her most of all and no doubt is working in her little life already. Be surrounded by the assurance of His peace, love and care today. Thanks for sharing the intimate moments of some of these long days. Hopefully they will just make your time at home- when that day comes!- even more amazing and comfortable. I love you guys. Give your awesome hubby a “high 5” from me and tell him that some of us “notice” his strength at this time too. It’s a team effort and I am glad you have God on your side now and always. It means you can’t “lose”! Have a wonderful, restful day. xoxo”

Beautiful. This is truth.

and the good news? I was released this afternoon…and am HOME now :)! xoxo

August 6, 2012

1. Erin

August 6th, 2012 at 4:08 am

yayyy!! this makes me so so happy 🙂 so thankful all the prayers have been answered.enjoy being home, love!

2. Ischuo

August 6th, 2012 at 4:11 am

YAY!!! You're home!!

3. The Cantelmo Family

August 6th, 2012 at 4:11 am

Yay you're home! The comment above was from me but I didn't realize I was signed into my hubby's account. XOX

4. Kirtley@ Snowdrift Designs

August 6th, 2012 at 4:13 am

That's such a sweet comment. I'm so glad you are home with everyone. Only a few more weeks and you'll get to meet your little girl. I'll continue to pray for you. And that he will watch over you two.

5. Jody

August 6th, 2012 at 4:14 am

I was about to turn my computer off for the night, but before doing so I clicked refresh on my FB and noticed you had posted a new update. I was hoping it was going to be good news, and it is! But I was most surprised to see the words I shared with you in front of me again. I am so glad they encouraged yur heart. I am so glad that the hours {mostly} passed quickly and I love that your kids and your husband even managed to not just survive while you were taking extra care of yourself and baby Apple, but they actually had fun and thrived too! God is amazing that way. When we can't see how something can work for 'the good', HE makes it so. I struggle with accepting and resting in His ways. But I love seeing them play out so well, time after time after time. Tonight I send more love and prayers your way. I am already picturing your first family photo at home as a family of 5. It's going to be a tear-jerker for all of us "out here". Thanks again for letting so many people in to your private world. Truth is a beautiful thing, you are so right. And by sharing your authentic life you share the kind of truth that the world seems to crave these days. I hope you enjoy a few restful days back at home with your babies and Chris. Your life is about to get even busier {and more beautiful} too! Take care…I am happy for you all tonight. xoxo

6. Franchesca

August 6th, 2012 at 4:16 am

SOOOO stinkin' happy for you Casey!!! I know you must be thrilled to be back at home with your beautiful fam!!! Thank you for sharing that comment too, what a beautiful truth.

Xoxo

7. Amanda

August 6th, 2012 at 4:16 am

I'm so glad you got to go home! Praise God for HIS faithfulness!

8. Miss Cindy Jaeger

August 6th, 2012 at 4:19 am

I don't comment much on blogs, but I have to on yours. I had a crazy pregnancy starting at 13 (or 14?) weeks when I was gushing blood and praying in the car on the way to the hospital that God would have mercy on the little life inside of me. (This happened 3 days before my daughter's 2nd birthday. It was awful.) The bleeding was threatening the placenta, and when the bleeding finally stopped weeks later, the contractions didn't, and it made all of the tissues above my cervix super weak. I had contractions everyday for months. I was on bedrest with my 2 year old trying to figure it all out. We had FFN tests and cervical length tests and fluid tests (oh, that was low too) and after many late night emergency L&D trips, I found myself admitted at 32 weeks due to the contractions & my cervix that kept shortening and dilating. They put me on procardia to try to stop the contractions, but the next day it caused my blood pressure to drop and I was a second away from going into shock. There was no medicine that would be safe for me to take to stop contractions. I remember the nighttime in the hospital as you described it. I would cry into my pillow and just wish that my family could all be together again. It was a very very very long and draining pregnancy. I missed my little girl so very much. I've got to tell you though… God has big big plans. He had mercy on my little Zoey, and He has mercy on your little Apple. My two month old is rocking sweetly in her swing now, my two year old is up in her bed sleeping soundly, and my husband is here with me, and we're all together… and that hospital is a distant memory now, even though it was just a few months ago… you will be so blessed when you have all three of your children in the room at the same time. All of the scares will be over soon. You have a lot of people praying over you. Sometimes I didn't feel that way because I don't have a blog, and I posted about it on my Facebook, but honestly a lot of my "friends" became annoyed at my prayer requests and "complaints" and it made me sad. We are all celebrating for your daughter and praying for you!

9. Miss Cindy Jaeger

August 6th, 2012 at 4:19 am

(I would prefer it if you didn't publish that comment, it was just for you to see. <3 )

10. Jade Steckly

August 6th, 2012 at 4:21 am

What a beautiful comment! That woman speaks the TRUTH!! I'm so glad you're home Casey 🙂 May God bless these last few weeks of your pregnancy!

11. Katie

August 6th, 2012 at 4:28 am

Praise God! Rest up, Mama. You are loved!

12. andrea grace

August 6th, 2012 at 4:31 am

That was beautiful and congrats on going home!!
    Alwayssaygrace.com

13. tahnie

August 6th, 2012 at 4:37 am

you are very lucky casey. 🙂

i ache to have a second child, but it will never happen. it hurts, but i am so unbelievably blessed to have the daughter i do have.

it is all in perspective.

xoxoxo.

14. Mackenzie @ Life of a Pint-Sized Mama

August 6th, 2012 at 4:46 am

So glad that you get to be home with your other babies and your husband! I'm sure your time with them is even sweeter than before.

15. French Farmgirl

August 6th, 2012 at 4:51 am

Glad to hear you are back home. God bless you all!

16. Breeann

August 6th, 2012 at 5:00 am

Yay! I'm so glad you are home now and doing well. Such wonderful news 🙂 That comment was beautiful, friend. xoxo

17. McCall Gray

August 6th, 2012 at 5:16 am

Best post yet! What wonderful news!! I am so happy for you that all is well enough for you to be HOME now. I am positive your family is overjoyed by that. What a lucky day:) Prayers your way that things continue to improve & be better each day.

18. Joanna

August 6th, 2012 at 5:25 am

Yay for answered prayers! so glad you're home 🙂

19. Jayde Lewis

August 6th, 2012 at 6:16 am

Wow amazing words shared over you guys 🙂 YAY for being back home! What a blessing!

20. SuperMilf

August 6th, 2012 at 7:04 am

What a beautiful comment from a loving friend/reader/fan 🙂
    Yay for being able to go home! SO happy for you and your family!
    XX
    *Jazzmine*

21. Lottie

August 6th, 2012 at 9:20 am

so happy that your home and back with chris and your babies 🙂

and that is a wonderful comment and reminds me to make the best of all situations and always to be grateful.

22. fluroyellow

August 6th, 2012 at 10:29 am

Wow, sounds like you have some wonderful friends praying for you and imparting their wisdom. You are blessed, and thanks for blessing me by sharing your journey and encouraging me with your faith. I have only just started following you but you are a great role model
    thanks all the way from New Zealand x

23. Amy Lynne

August 6th, 2012 at 11:16 am

I was wondering all day what the doctors had decided. I am so glad you guys are able to all be together again! I know the hospital was necessary, but being home is just better for the heart and soul. I pray you are able to relax and let Apple keep "cooking" for a awhile longer. Love and hugs to you all!

24. I am LOVD

August 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am

YAY!!! So all those prayers from everyone worked. Such great news!!

Could you please share my son's latest with Chris, please? It's just a "short" and he did it while in Apple Camp. Thanks and here's his link:

25. Lins

August 6th, 2012 at 11:54 am

What a great way to look at your situation! One of my greatest fears is not being able to conceive. Silly to fear – God is in control. Just as He was with your situation and baby Apple. I'm so glad you're home. Continuing to pray on.

26. Elisha(:

August 6th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

That is a beautiful comment, and perspective. Wow!

27. Ashley Baker

August 6th, 2012 at 1:05 pm

So glad you are home! Enjoy your snuggling with your sweet babies : )

-ashley

28. Sarai McDowell

August 6th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

YAY!!!
    I am so happy for you and your family that you are home.
    Answered prayers. 🙂
    Thank you for sharing that comment as well. I needed to hear it.

Sarai

29. Kate

August 6th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I'm so glad you're home! I know it is a relief and joy to be back in your home with your family.

What a great perspective full of truth. I love the fact that with God you can't lose!

30. The Maxell's

August 6th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

This is such a beautiful, powerful post. I'm in awe!!! So glad to hear you are home with your family 🙂 xo ~Karen

31. Kristin

August 6th, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Awww Casey 😀 I am sooo happy to read this wonderful news, and answer to prayer. My heart sank a little when I saw the picture of the hopsital room sign..expecting that you might not be home..and then I read the post and your home with your family and doing great. My prayer from day one has been that you would carry your baby girl to full term with no complications and a healthy, safe birth. I will continue to lift you and the family up in prayer. Thank you so much for sharing your life with all of us, and encouraging me everyday to be a better person. Love you friend Xoxo

32. Lindsay

August 6th, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I am rejoicing for you 🙂 HAPPY girl!

33. Priya

August 6th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Really a beautiful comment and perspective and YAY welcome back home!!

perfectly priya

34. Tiffany

August 6th, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Hooraaayyy!!! Glad you are home!

35. Jessica Kiger

August 6th, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Like everyone else pretty much said, "Yaaaaaayyy!!!"
    Jess

36. jaejenkins

August 6th, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Hallelujah for answered prayers!!

37. Ann

August 6th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

So happy for you and the family! Enjoy being home, Casey!

38. The Flynnigan's

August 6th, 2012 at 4:30 pm

So, so wonderful to hear my dear!! All the wishes and prayers worked! Take it easy girlfriend ox

August 6th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

YAY!!! So glad you're home!!!
    That was a beautiful comment. Sometimes all we need is to look at our problem in a different perspective!

40. binksandfranny

August 6th, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Beyond thrilled you're back home! Enjoy!!

~Amanda

41. Gloria

August 6th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

YAY!!!! Praise God!!!!!

I found your blog through Kelle's a few months ago and I've been (and still am) praying for you and Apple. 🙂

42. .

August 6th, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Lovley , im glad that you are home !

Nina

43. brittany

August 6th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

praise God! so happy for you and your family. continuing to pray for you and your family 🙂

44. The Macons

August 6th, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Just came across your blog. Love it. Hope all is well!

45. Marissa@ Momma Rake

August 6th, 2012 at 7:44 pm

So very happy for you Casey! PTL!!! XOXO!

46. the Jennings secede from the South

August 7th, 2012 at 2:26 am

Yay! Glad your home and love seeing your family work as a team during this time! Happy.

47. Kimberly Bonham

August 7th, 2012 at 2:39 am

Glad you finally got to go home. Praise God!

48. Kimberly Bonham

August 7th, 2012 at 2:46 am

When when you find yourself in a place you'd rather not be, doing things you'd rather not be doing, I know from experience that 'place' can still be an amazing place. So I prayed that you would feel His hand and presence in the long wait you find yourself in.

**This is exactly what I needed to hear today.

August 7th, 2012 at 4:11 pm

So beautiful, so very happy for you xo Lissa

50. marien riquelme

August 8th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

GOOD IDEA OF THE POST ABOVE THE RECIPE!
    would never have imagined combine salad + pita bread!
    I will try

(I'm using google translator Upsss!)
    Greetings from Spain 🙂
    MARIEN

51. coach-daddy

August 12th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Had the vision while reading this post of you crying in your pillow in the hospital.

Glad to hear you're home!