dear little.

null
dear little casey,

Someday you will be 28…you will have 2 babies on earth, one in heaven and will be married to a wonderful man.

Don’t waste your time on all those boys before you meet christopher. Just enjoy your friends, be kind to people, make change in the world, pursue your dreams. Christopher is your one and only. Just wait for him.

Don’t be down that you aren’t the best at math. You career will be just fine someday without it.

And those teachers, the ones in college who tell you that you can’t love the little ones you work with in school- ignore them…because one day you’ll go on to start your own ministry for kids- it’s called A Little Artsy…and it is a beautiful place where you care much more about the love and kid’s hearts than you do about the work.

Those kids who are mean- ignore them. Don’t let them break that spirit. And those heartaches you face….don’t let them harden you….because someday your sensitive spirit will be something that blesses people.

Someday people will discourage you from taking risks, but you go ahead and follow God’s will on your life…He isn’t leading you astray- He has got you.

Someday you’ll lose a baby before you meet it…and it will be much sadder than you anticipated…but don’t be sad….because one day- you will be reunited in heaven. And the instant you see him, you will know he is yours.

Be nice to the kids that are different. Because different is good.

And when people try to judge you or judge others- ignore them. They are bullies. And hurting people, hurt people.

Someday, when people try and tell you how to raise your kids…or how many to have…confidently remind them that you listen to God’s voice in your life. And if He allows you all to have 5 little babies, you will do so.

Little casey… don’t be insecure. God made you. Even at 28 you will struggle with this. And as you start to seek out other things to fill those voids, just stop- because only He can do so. Smile, be confident. Be a light in this dark world.

Someday some crazy curveballs will come your way…. but you’re going to be okay. Things you thought you could never handle, you will.

Little Casey- don’t let people try to change you. You are special, unique and different- and that is okay. You have big, soft heart…let it stay soft…because the world needs Love and grace.

And maybe, just maybe….you can spread that around.

January 18, 2012

1. ilene @ muchloveilly

January 18th, 2012 at 11:56 pm

love this! p.s. pic of you – too cute!

2. Chelsea

January 18th, 2012 at 11:58 pm

This post is amazing! Brought tears to my eyes! Keep smiling πŸ™‚

3. Samantha

January 19th, 2012 at 12:00 am

This is so wonderful. Don't you sometimes wish that you knew what you future held for you? (Sometimes). You were a cute little lady! (Still are!!) πŸ™‚

Sam

4. Alexandra Lauren

January 19th, 2012 at 12:01 am

love. so sweet casey leigh. if only we knew what we know now sometimes huh πŸ™‚ you are a beautiful soul. your sensitive spirit has been a blessing to my life. xo love that little pic

5. The Little Flapper

January 19th, 2012 at 12:03 am

Such a sweet letter to yourself. You're inspiring.

6. tahnie

January 19th, 2012 at 12:03 am

you are the BEST!

thank you for always, always, always making me smile. no matter what kind of day i'm having.

happy wednesday!
    xo.

7. Cathy

January 19th, 2012 at 12:06 am

Beautifully written! Thank you for sharing!

8. Makaila

January 19th, 2012 at 12:09 am

Geez, you made me cry. Makes me wish I could write this for my son and that he would understand and would ignore those other 5th graders that make fun of his pleather bomber jacket cause if he could just see "someday" and how today's reality will be a distant past and hopefully he'll realize by then that Him and his style are unique and special and he'll be proud of it. Maybe that sounds silly. πŸ™‚ but this really touched me for him..

9. The Lee Family Happenings

January 19th, 2012 at 12:12 am

This is wonderful. It made me cry. You do really bless others with your sweet sensitive spirit. And your willingness to be so honest and real. Thank you!

10. Jen | Our Happy Family

January 19th, 2012 at 12:14 am

This is so what I needed to read today… and almost exactly what i would tell myself as well. We are wonderfully and beautifully made… God knows what he is doing!

11. Ellie Coburn

January 19th, 2012 at 12:19 am

Casey, You have my heart. This is the sweetest. You just tackled every fear I have in high school and turned it into hope that one day I will be blessed just as god has blessed you. You truly inspire me. Your wisdom makes everything okay. Thank you. And my god were you adorable.
    Ellie

12. Jenna@The Life of the Wife

January 19th, 2012 at 12:24 am

Casey this is beautiful. Truly truly beautiful. You made me tear up a little and I every word.

Jenna

13. Chelsea Leigh

January 19th, 2012 at 12:25 am

Absolutely adored this, Casey! πŸ™‚ How true it is! You are destined for SO MUCH! And that picture of you could be AINSLEIGH in a few years! My goodness! <3

14. NickandCaeli

January 19th, 2012 at 12:29 am

Beautiful! I love your writing and your view on parenting! So inspiring.
    Please check out my blog!!

15. Tara {The Silver Lining}

January 19th, 2012 at 12:36 am

One of my favorite posts for sure. If only we knew then what we knew now…the things I would change… πŸ™‚

January 19th, 2012 at 12:42 am

LOVE this…props to you!

17. Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs

January 19th, 2012 at 12:43 am

You are such a beautiful person Casey. This post is a great reminder to all of us. Thank you for that.
    Thank you for all your wonderful posts. Thank you for your kind heart. Thank you for your love for children. You are making a difference in this world.
    God is so Good and He is using you in BIG ways. πŸ™‚

~Maria-Isabel

18. Megan

January 19th, 2012 at 12:50 am

this is a beautiful post and one i truly needed to hear. you are blessing many others and i'm so grateful you have followed your heart so you can bless me. i wish my younger self could have seen a letter just like this…. my teenage years wouldn't have been so miserable if i knew this.. but hopefully i can learn it now to inspire my own children.

thank you for your strength and courage

19. Beth Ann

January 19th, 2012 at 12:51 am

"And the instant you see him, you will know he is yours." Love this statement. Gave me chills and tears. Such beautiful hope we have in Jesus…that we will one day spend eternity with our babies that we didn't get to meet here on earth.

20. JessicaLynn

January 19th, 2012 at 12:59 am

So sweet. If only we knew then what we know now. So inspiring…

21. Lauren

January 19th, 2012 at 1:05 am

beautifully put.

22. Nicajoice

January 19th, 2012 at 1:05 am

Lovely. It sure does come from the heart. You are a very sweet, courageous, inspiring person.

I'm new here and I love your blog.

Love from the Philippines,
    Nica

23. Changing Lanes

January 19th, 2012 at 1:07 am

I feel so special to know everything you are talking about. Love you soul sista.

p.s. curves balls are for those of us strong. we're strong. don't forget.

24. Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve.

January 19th, 2012 at 1:12 am

Such a beautiful post! Your amazing!

25. Rhiannon

January 19th, 2012 at 1:14 am

So so beautiful

26. Ronni

January 19th, 2012 at 1:30 am

You know what makes me sad? To know that all these beautiful people I know, you included, have been picked on at some point. Why do people have to be mean?

anywhere-is.net

27. Julie

January 19th, 2012 at 1:32 am

Love this, it's a great idea! I may borrow (ahem, steal) this idea from you for a future post πŸ™‚

28. Justine

January 19th, 2012 at 1:34 am

Beautifully written!

29. AMY PALMER

January 19th, 2012 at 1:35 am

Thank you for sharing your life with the world. I am blessed and so are others for your words or courage. I know I and many others need a reminder that we are beatifully and wonderfully made. Love your blog.

Amy

30. ~lori

January 19th, 2012 at 1:47 am

this is beautiful casey. sharing is a gift you do well.

January 19th, 2012 at 1:48 am

pregnant or not, this would have made me cry. and it did. i love you and this was one of my favorite things you've ever written. so blessed to know you, sister <3

January 19th, 2012 at 1:50 am

Love it. I wrote a letter to my 17 year old self on my birthday this year, too. It's unreal… the stuff I wish I knew then… just trying to learn from it and grow. Although, I'm sure I'll want to write another letter to my 27 year old self in 10 years, too.

Here is a link to my own letter http://www.5ohwifey.com/2011/12/27-things-my-17-year-old-self-needs-to.html

33. Melissa @ A Dozen Years Later

January 19th, 2012 at 1:58 am

This part really hit me hard…

We lost a baby to miscarriage in November and I still cry every.single.day… it has been way harder than I ever imagined.

34. modern Suburbanites

January 19th, 2012 at 1:59 am

beautiful post!!

35. Paulette Insall

January 19th, 2012 at 2:07 am

oh dear sweet casey, i just LOVE this! never stop being you 'cause God made you that way! πŸ˜€ xoxo

January 19th, 2012 at 2:10 am

this is beautiful

37. The Happy Goose

January 19th, 2012 at 2:14 am

You are such a blessing to all your readers! You inspire us daily to be better people and to believe in gods special path for the each of us! Thank you for sharing your heart with us… we all appreciate it more than you can imagine!

-Lindsay

thehappygoose.blogspot.com

38. Upward Thinking

January 19th, 2012 at 2:15 am

I feel like you were speaking to me, we are similar in several ways. I appreciate your big heart and gentle soul and I am always gaining encouragement from your blog to follow God and I thank you for all that you share. Stay beautiful Casey.

39. Urban Nester

January 19th, 2012 at 2:26 am

So sweet, Casey Leigh. Thanks for being so open and vulnerable. You have no idea how much I look up to you! You are such a Godly woman, and I really admire that! Plus, you're really rad :]

x.

40. Christina

January 19th, 2012 at 2:27 am

There are so many things I would tell little me if I was allowed to go back in time. And so many of those things would be right along with what you said in this post. Thx for writing it!

41. Aubrey

January 19th, 2012 at 2:34 am

Ok, I just listened to that entire song before I typed because it made me happy {everybody wants to be loved…o. o. o }
    I almost feel like telling you I am so proud of you. But I have never met you, so would that be weird?
    Love. love your spirit.

42. mmg

January 19th, 2012 at 2:40 am

the world needs more "caseys"

43. PoppyHarleyLove

January 19th, 2012 at 2:43 am

I love this! Your heart really shines through. If only we could go back, if even just a few years, and tell ourselves everything will be ok.. as long as He's with us.

44. PoppyHarleyLove

January 19th, 2012 at 2:45 am

I love this! Your heart really shines through. If only we could go back and tell ourselves everything will be ok..as long as He's with us.

45. Holly

January 19th, 2012 at 2:48 am

This post is just beautiful, Casey! Very touching.

46. Sarah-Anne

January 19th, 2012 at 2:50 am

I wrote myself a letter on my birthday last year, but his letter is SO sweet. God knew everything you would do, become, and face in life! So amazing.

January 19th, 2012 at 2:52 am

Beautiful! I love how you are not ashamed of your face! The blog world needs more bloggers like you! πŸ™‚

48. Ashleigh

January 19th, 2012 at 2:55 am

Don't you wish we all could have had one….

49. Mindy Harris

January 19th, 2012 at 2:59 am

too precious for words, casey! you are a cutie!

January 19th, 2012 at 3:24 am

Lovely.

51. Britt & Peter

January 19th, 2012 at 3:48 am

So amazing..I felt like I was reading a letter I would write to myself :') You are such a light in the darkness and I wish everyone knew about your blog. And your daughter looks SO much like you! Beautiful girls, inside and out!

52. steph nelsen

January 19th, 2012 at 3:53 am

yes! what a great reminder and tribute to life's journey. what wisdom we gain with age…

53. Lindsay

January 19th, 2012 at 4:24 am

This is absolutely beautiful! You continue to inspire me daily

and that picture of you.. precious!

54. jules ... bedheadandbrainfarts.blogspot.com

January 19th, 2012 at 4:34 am

So sweet, thanks for writing this. Isn't crazy how wrong people can be and how perceptions can be? I'm glad you listened to God. It's so hard not to listen to people. Stay strong. Keep shining! You're beautiful!
    -Jules

55. Britt @ The Magnolia Pair

January 19th, 2012 at 4:43 am

Casey, this is so great. Such a sweet letter yourself!

XO. Britt
    The Magnolia Pair

πŸ™‚

56. Erin

January 19th, 2012 at 4:49 am

sitting here crying my eyes out! you are a beautiful and precious soul. you inspire me πŸ™‚

XO
    erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

57. allie o'bannon

January 19th, 2012 at 4:58 am

i love this! such a wonderful idea, there's so much i wish i could say to little me!

& that picture of little you is adorable!

58. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

January 19th, 2012 at 5:08 am

What a powerful post!! You are such a talented writer.

59. Kelly Westover

January 19th, 2012 at 6:28 am

You are fabulous! Love that sweet spirit of yours. Xoxo

60. SarahV

January 19th, 2012 at 6:52 am

This post really touched me. The topic of telling my younger self wisdom has been on my mind lately. I used to feel close to God and now I just don't know how to be, it seems, anymore…
    take care, you have a beautiful family. You inspire me to try.
    Sarah

61. Jen

January 19th, 2012 at 10:00 am

Beautiful! I have been wanting to write a post like this but with a letter to myself in highschool ( my lost years). I wish we could really write letters to our past selves, but, I guess if we could do that we wouldn't learn the lessons God has for us in our mistakes/trials.

62. Delphine Rivière

January 19th, 2012 at 10:32 am

Aww…cutie pie <3 You made me weep…again πŸ™‚

This not to yourself is blewing my mind ya know: I read a book lately, about kids and how to share their vision of the world, how to raise them, understanding their real needs…and there was that note, kinda : "Remember the liitle one you were, see the little one you were then, try to feel what you felt then, and make the adult in you meet this little one you were, embrace him/her and tell her you love her, and everything's gonna be okay because you love her…heal your today's pains by loving the little one you were…"
    You've just done it Casey <3 Well done <3 πŸ™‚
    Lots of Love
    xox

63. Toaster4JC

January 19th, 2012 at 11:39 am

What a beautiful post!!! I'm so encouraged to always read of how you are just trusting the Lord in so many areas that others don't always understand! It's such an encouragement to me when others put us down for things we do that we feel are ways we're following the Lord's leading.

And yes, as a teacher, you have to love on those kids, you never know if they will get the love anywhere else.

64. truemomrn

January 19th, 2012 at 11:54 am

Have you read the book Heaven is for Real? It is about a little boy who went to heaven and comes back (true story)- you need to read this book!! He meets his unborn sister there and it is beautiful!

65. Jay

January 19th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I'm currently not alone at home (my boyfriend is tutoring a forth-grader) so I had to hold back the tears and swallow them. This post is wonderful. You wrote it so close to your heart. Please let your heart be soft because the world really needs people like you. Thank you Casey.

66. lovejoy_31

January 19th, 2012 at 1:45 pm

LOVE!!!! Write yourself a letter to read when you're 38. do it now. I bet it will be amazing when you go back in 10 years.

A Joyful Life

January 19th, 2012 at 1:52 pm

But far the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. Don't you wish you did have a letter like this to read when you thought life was hard when you were young…but then again, where's the fun in that? Love this letter.

xoKylee

68. Poor Pitiful Pearl

January 19th, 2012 at 2:05 pm

wow. that was a tear jerker if i ever read one.
    beautiful letter….. beautiful pic of you as a little girl.

you are precious

69. Songbook

January 19th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Oh Casey, you are so wonderful. Thank you so much for this post. I am always inspired by your soft heart

70. Susan

January 19th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Totally brought tears to my eyes. Don't you wish you knew then what you know now?
    I can so see your little ones in you. It's crazy!

71. Christina May Andrews

January 19th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Love this!

72. Kelsey of Poofy Cheeks

January 19th, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Casey- I wanted to thank you SO MUCH for this post today. I think God meant for you to share it and for me to read it right now. I had a miscarriage on Tuesday and sometimes you feel alone – like you are the only one.
    I also love the part about people judging how many kids you should have – because I feel that way too.

Much love,
    Kelsey of Poofy Cheeks

73. Ashley

January 19th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

i love you. that's all.

74. Kristina Gulino

January 19th, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Too sweet. What a cool way to look back at all the things you've gone through and all the promises and joy that God has delivered! Thank you for this. You are a beautiful woman, Casey!

Kristina
    Something 2 Write About

75. pakosta

January 19th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Girl, you are AMAZING just the way you are, is RIGHT! you have such a big heart, just stay YOU!
    tara

76. Kristin Eldridge

January 19th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Love this. I could have written some of the same things to little me.

I think it's okay that you were sad when you miscarried. It's part of the process. I don't think you would want to not be sad. πŸ™‚

77. Marissa@ Momma Rake

January 19th, 2012 at 4:47 pm

So incredibly inspiring, as always Casey. Much love and blessings girl!! XOXO!

78. amy D

January 19th, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Love this! Thanks Casey πŸ™‚
    ps- that pic of you is precious!

79. Redheaded Daybook

January 19th, 2012 at 5:06 pm

super inspiring and sweet.
    thank you!

80. Kassie

January 19th, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Whew. Tears.

This is so encouraging to me. I may just need to write something like this to myself because there's so much I let get in the way of who I am…of who God wants me to be.

A beautiful post, as always Casey.

81. AbsoluteMommy

January 19th, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I just loved this! Such a beautiful post… Don't you wish this could have really happend… We'd be so ready.
    Also that picture is so dang cute! Just like your angels.
    Love you!
    Megan

82. Sandy a la Mode

January 19th, 2012 at 6:02 pm

this is soo sweet casey! what a beautiful post!

83. Nicole Renee

January 19th, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Love this!

84. Sheri

January 19th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

This is the sweetest post, Casey. It bought tears to my eyes and so much of it is exactly what I want to tell my own 3 little girls. Sooooo beautifully written. Thank you for sharing it!

85. Natalie @ NS Pottery

January 19th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

This gave me chills πŸ™‚ Love it!

86. Abby (Diligent Joy)

January 19th, 2012 at 9:49 pm

The list of things I wish I could tell Little Abby is about a mile (or more?) long.

This is perfect and beautiful and wonderful. As usual, you are an inspiration.

87. Sleeping Beauty

January 19th, 2012 at 9:52 pm

"Someday you'll lose a baby before you meet it…and it will be much sadder than you anticipated…but don't be sad….because one day- you will be reunited in heaven. And the instant you see him, you will know he is yours."

This whole post has me slumped on the floor in tears. This part in particular as I lost a baby at 17. Thank you for sharing your heart. The way you write invites the reader in and is so beautiful. Who am I to you but a stranger who found your heart breathed out on a blog, and yet we are connected by His blood and that makes a world of difference.

Keep shining! Your spirit is so beautiful.

88. happytrees

January 19th, 2012 at 9:56 pm

i cried.

89. Mr. Taylor and his Lady

January 20th, 2012 at 12:13 am

i love this! don't you just wish that we could write little letters to ourselves and do it all over again. i would say just don't care about what others think! life's too short to worry all the time!
    xo TJ

90. 2browneyedjax

January 20th, 2012 at 2:44 am

Casey You are fearfully and wonderfully made thanks for this beautiful post <3

91. Erica!

January 20th, 2012 at 4:51 am

you have the best blog posts!!! i love this πŸ™‚

January 20th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

You are such an amazing woman. I feel blessed to read your words! Thanks so much for sharing yourself with us:)

93. Angela [Simply Simple Me]

January 20th, 2012 at 7:40 pm

This is beautiful

94. Miss Season

January 21st, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Lovely words. Good luck to you my dear.

95. I am LOVD

January 22nd, 2012 at 1:02 am

This is so precious? Sometimes I think I'm a better blogger of my life than actually living my life. I blog wisdoms and truths in life to remind me to keep it real and keep it simple and know what really matters. Then, I have days when I'm not that wise author of those words so I have to re-read my own blog posts, almost like a stranger, to remind myself of my own advice. Do you ever do this?

96. Heather :: AFD Jewelry ::

January 26th, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I love this post. I love all your posts.

97. Katie Lou

March 3rd, 2012 at 3:31 am

I have silently been browing your blog for a few days when I found it through PPP. I can't tell you how much this post spoke to me. When people ask me "How many kids do you have?" I say "3" and want to scream "SIX!!"

Your quote "somedoay you will lose a baby before you meet it…" touched me and brought me to my knees. Thank you for sharing <3 but my fav psrt of that quote is the ending. One day I too will meet my babies in heaven, and the instant I see them I will know who they are. And my arms will wrap around them.

God bless you!