proverbs.

I read this post and it really had me thinking.

Proverbs 31.

Am I letting that passage soak in? Change me?

Not enough.

Something I realized after college was that I had been saying all the right things about my faith for a long time but not TRULY letting them transform me in ALL areas.

right? There are always a few we keep to ourselves, a few areas we don’t want to give up.

Seriously go read proverbs 31 and really take it in.

I love how she said this
“You know who thought that proverbs 31 woman was famous?
Her husband who thought she was excellent & far more precious than jewels. Her entire house that she provides for, that she gets up before dawn for. Her household that sees her working in strength and dignity, faith and steadfastness. The poor around her that she reaches out to. Her husbands friends at the gates, who see that there is something about him because there’s something about her. Her children, who openly confess to being blessed by her. She is famous, maybe even heroic to them. And to her God, who cherishes and loves her intimately and fully – who sees her potential and her failing and falling and covers her in His grace. Ladies. Each of us are in worlds, surrounded by people who we can absolutely impact with God’s love, grace, and wisdom DAILY. Your husband, your children, the women at your church. Your friends. The poor. The poor in heart. Your neighbor. Your coworker.
As a woman of God you are filled with everything you need to be a part of God’s powerful plan in the lives around you.”

Growing up I was friends with a few different kids of very influencial parents…meaning their moms or dads were big.time Christian leaders in the US that changed thousands of people’s lives…but you know what- they didn’t do that for their own kids.

In the midst of all I have going on….constantly asking myself- am I pouring into my marriage and kids first? My ministry right here in my home…is that being nurtured 100%?

Even little things…will I physically hold Ainsleigh today more hours than I stand at my computer? Will I talk about kindness, gentleness and sharing more today with Aiden than I would worrying about something? What about Chris? Does he get the “leftovers” or is he a priority?

How many of us are exhausted at the end of the day…dare I say entitled?

How many of us give love based on how we receive it?

I think the clutter in our lives…the noise…is a way to run from being quiet…listening to God speak, letting Him transform us.

What do you think?

October 17, 2011

1. Jazmin @ The Miller's

October 17th, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Amazing reminder.
    Amazing encouragement.
    Amazing post.

♥Jazmin

2. theolivetree

October 17th, 2011 at 11:09 pm

good post 🙂 I am in a small group and we are reading the book of James…mainly works with out faith…James2:24…I never want to go through the motions.

3. Beloved Bee

October 17th, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Thank you for this. I truly needed it.

4. Kassie

October 17th, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Oh boy. This got to me… in a good way, in a deep way, in a way that makes me realize how much I need to change. Especially the part where you talk about making your family a priority. I say they are because they are, but how often do I do other things more… more than I think…I know it. I need to be with them more for sure!

Thanks as always!

5. Lisa

October 17th, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Wow Casey. Thanks for the reminder. It's easy to say the "right things" but much harder to actually do it.

6. Toaster4JC

October 17th, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Too beautifully put! I think something I may have to do this week is just leave the computer off for a few days and just get things done around home. Stop having so much "noise" in my life. My poor husband doesn't have a very good housewife and that needs to change. As much as I love reading about my bloggy friends, I should really be pouring into him more, especially over the next three months since after that it'll be the 3 of us instead of 2 of us.

7. Cami

October 17th, 2011 at 11:19 pm

A Proverbs 31 woman is who I strive to be <3

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

8. rhodes1

October 17th, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Thank you for your words! Very convicting, and something that's been on my heart. Love your blog!

October 17th, 2011 at 11:39 pm

you are so inspiring.

thanks for the lovely reminder.

10. Amy Lynne

October 17th, 2011 at 11:40 pm

So very thankful to have been introduced to the proverbs woman a while back. Speaking and actions need to be done together, so everyone around us feels our intent. Such a great reminder to all of us!

11. Le Brunette Pistolet

October 17th, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Beautiful, amazing, profound. Thank you!!

12. Lindsay

October 17th, 2011 at 11:48 pm

You inspire me… this is so true. It's so easy to read the word but to follow it…another ball game. Thanks for speaking to my heart. LOVE U!

October 18th, 2011 at 12:02 am

So wonderfully worded! Thanks for sharing, as a mother of two and a wife it definitely struck a chord with me!

14. kori

October 18th, 2011 at 12:11 am

New follower here, love your blog, and love this post! I needed this, thank you!

15. kori

October 18th, 2011 at 12:13 am

New follower here, and I love your blog, and love this post! I needed this! love your playlist too 🙂

16. Heather B {dreaming big}

October 18th, 2011 at 12:17 am

As always your thoughts inspire and resonate in my heart. Thanks for sharing and for setting example of one who loves family first!

17. Carly

October 18th, 2011 at 12:25 am

Love the idea of nurturing the ministry in your home. I truly believe that God entrusts us with our family and our children, and it is so important to show the Word to them.

I also see under your "what we believe" link that you've posted information from The Village. I'm from the DFW area so I know all about the church. Matt Chandler is truly an amazing pastor and Christian man.

18. Cortney

October 18th, 2011 at 12:38 am

Thank you for your always amazing way of reminding me of my calling as a wife while encouraging at the same time. I am encouraged and challenged at the same time.

October 18th, 2011 at 12:56 am

One big amen to this entire post.

20. I am LOVD

October 18th, 2011 at 12:57 am

I know this…when you surrender to God, you must surrender ALL. God wants to be a part of EVERYTHING in your life. You cannot surrender some and expect to get all of the blessings. Now, when you surrender all, God is going to deal with you in areas where you don't want touched, but it's the areas where we need the most growth, and more often than not, growth hurts. God is going to ask you to give up things and ideas you don't want to give up. But all means all.

21. Lace

October 18th, 2011 at 1:06 am

this is fantastic. i love that you are so thoughtful and purposeful about the time you spend with your children and husband.

22. Holly Bierly Young

October 18th, 2011 at 1:10 am

What a great post. Such an easy concept- yet so difficult to live out- not giving our loved ones our "leftovers." Love the pictures of your kiddos. My sister's little girl is about Ainsleigh's age so it is fun to see pictures of Miss A. as she grows. 🙂

23. Kristy

October 18th, 2011 at 1:12 am

Okay, I totally needed this!!!! Thank you so much for sharing and for the blessing!!!!!! You just completely spoke to my heart!!!

24. Marie

October 18th, 2011 at 1:24 am

thanks for this beautiful reminder. You said it perfectly, "the noise" clutters up my life.

25. Cassie

October 18th, 2011 at 1:36 am

Beautiful post. Such a great reminder!

26. kittymclewin

October 18th, 2011 at 1:37 am

Bahaha! So I was thinking about having some quiet time with God but instead I opened the computer for a minute…Okay I get it Lord, my feet are walking, oh Lover of my soul.

27. Elizabeth Ann (Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box

October 18th, 2011 at 1:43 am

Wow. . . that hit home, sweet friend! Thank you for your words! 🙂

28. Carissalayla

October 18th, 2011 at 1:46 am

wowza!!!! I have no idea how I found your blog but obviously God knew what I needed to read, Thank you Casey!

Carissa

29. Heart n Soul

October 18th, 2011 at 1:57 am

great points Casey … and the key word there is poured. Being poured out to fill the life of another – now that's what its all about 🙂

30. Ashley

October 18th, 2011 at 2:09 am

Thanks so much for this Casey. I think I need to read this every day. 🙂

31. Erica!

October 18th, 2011 at 2:11 am

The stuff that hits home is the hardest to read/hear. Thank you 🙂 I needed that.
    ♥erica

32. Erin

October 18th, 2011 at 2:17 am

Beautiful once again 🙂 I think all women can relate to this post. Your words brought me encouragement and a steadfast reminder to keep my priorities in check. Thanks pretty girl!

33. katie

October 18th, 2011 at 2:18 am

transformation has been on my heart.

34. Autumn

October 18th, 2011 at 2:32 am

I once read that giving love only how we receive it- isn't Christ-like at all. We are commanded to love one another, not just who we choose or who is kind to us.

I definitely think it is the hardest commandment.

35. Tori

October 18th, 2011 at 3:14 am

I was so moved by your's and her blog posts! Hope you don't mind but I will be quoting it soon on my blog!
    You know I love ya
    -Tori
    torigjohnson.blogspot.com

36. kinze

October 18th, 2011 at 3:15 am

thanks casey … perfectly put!

37. Jen

October 18th, 2011 at 3:19 am

Excellent, timely post.

October 18th, 2011 at 3:39 am

This post is so so true!!! We often focus so much on being in the spotlight: we want to be the one who can boast of having lead however many people to Christ – but we neglect the little ones closest to us! Even though it feels amazing to lead others to Christ… if we're sharing Him with others, but NOT with our little ones, how can God say of us "well done, good and faithful servant"? He's given us these blessings so that we might raise them to be HIS blessings. Thank you so much for this reminder 🙂

39. kari lane

October 18th, 2011 at 3:41 am

This is maybe my favorite post of yours that ive read. There's a lot of great truth in this post. The sermon at my church this week was about how the Trinity loves, serves, and glorifies each other (Father, Son, Holy Spirit and then back to the Father…). He talked about how they are totally "other" focused instead of focusing on themselves. That's how our relationship with God should be as well as with the people God has placed in our lives – no matter what their response is.

It's incredibly hard to do that for even part of the day and the only way we can is through His strength. Thanks for the reminder!

40. kerenjoy

October 18th, 2011 at 3:57 am

Love the post today. How much can be accomplished when we allow God to use us. Ordinary people impacting in great ways.

41. everydaymomma

October 18th, 2011 at 5:39 am

amen

42. Lauren

October 18th, 2011 at 6:00 am

Some really beautiful thoughts here. x

43. JessicaLynn

October 18th, 2011 at 11:28 am

This post really makes me think more about things that have been heavy on my heart. Sometimes I just need to unplug and just be with my family. I know my husband gets the leftovers most of the days : / thanks

44. JessicaLynn

October 18th, 2011 at 11:28 am

45. Angie

October 18th, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Casey, I love your blog. Your faith is inspiring and makes me want to be better. Thank you for sharing your life with us!

46. {Liezl}

October 18th, 2011 at 1:46 pm

AWESOME

Beautiful take on {Proverb}ial truth!

written from the heart. thx!

47. Franchesca

October 18th, 2011 at 1:54 pm

beautiful post, so much truth!!

48. Shelley

October 18th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I pray this sweet post penetrates the hearts of many woman. I don't spend much time on blogging or in bloggers world anymore. I saw where it was pulling from my first ministry as a wifea and a mommy. I dont want my little one to see me sitting at a computer…staring at a world that means absolutely nothing when I could be spending time playing on the floor with him. When he is awake the computer remains off…as does the iphone. thank you for sharing.

49. Mr. Taylor and his Lady

October 18th, 2011 at 3:49 pm

the little reminders that you bring us daily is so amazing! i hope that i allow the Lord to transform me in such miraculous ways like you have!
    xo TJ

50. karla@ bluegrass jewelry designs

October 18th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Awesome post.

51. Lindsay

October 18th, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Love love love LOVE this post. Amazing.

52. Sara

October 18th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Wow! Thank you for such a great post. I am a new reader and really appreciate you helping me slow down and put my busy day back into perspective! Bless you!

October 18th, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Wow Casey this is awesome. I just blogged about almost the exact same thing at http://www.5ohwifey.com/2011/10/finding-joy.html

Sometimes we(we'll at least I) have to be reminded of what is important, where our priorities are, how we are ministering in our own home. I have to go check out the post you're talking about.

October 18th, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Such a wonderful reminder.. Great post! Full of encouragment. I love the scripture you quoted.

I love your new header too! 🙂

October 18th, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Hi Casey! I just found your blog via Finding Beauty In The Ordinary. I wanted to tell you how much I appreciated this post. I just went and read Proverbs 31. I'm ashamed to say that I'm not entirely sure I've ever read it before. It has struck me though, and inspired me to work more on getting my priorities straight and being the kind of woman that works hard, and not for herself, but for her family and loved ones. Thanks for posting this.

You have beautiful children, by the way! :o)

56. Mary

October 18th, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I have the quote "Surrender Daily" in my room and look at it first thing in the morning. Surrendering and letting God take control of every single aspect of our lives is hard and a daily struggle. I honestly haven't gotten there yet and still find myself holding on to certain parts of myself for dear life, as if my plans are better than His. Thanks for this reminder.

57. The Freckled Fawn

October 18th, 2011 at 11:16 pm

hmm…beautiful words, love. You speak truth and it cuts a little…but it should. love ya.

58. Mya Bruce Designs

October 19th, 2011 at 4:34 am

love this. agreed.
    I was just reading in 1,000 Gifts – "Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing… through all that haste i thought i was making up time. it turns out I was throwing it away."

At the end of every day I realize the clutter takes over and I missed the moments. My bustling though it got me nowhere important. I spent 6 years working 12 hour days while trying to watch my kids at the same time, and by the end of my 10 year career gig when it nearly killed me and I finally walked away – all i had to show – …. was the 6 years I lost with my kids.

We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing – Ps 39:6

59. 3 Wishes

October 19th, 2011 at 6:40 am

I love Proverbs 31. An Area in which I would like to be transformed also. We get so busy with all the "stuff" around us…is it really the important stuff? Loved your blog today, it touched my heart. Thanks for sharing!:)

60. Megs

October 19th, 2011 at 6:49 am

beautiful! thank you for the reminder! i need to let the Lord transform me well as well and work through me to bless my family. such a wonderful post!

61. Tucker

October 19th, 2011 at 1:22 pm

this was the perfect thing for me to read on this wednesday morning. thank you so much for that view on proverbs 31.

62. Jaclyn

October 19th, 2011 at 4:42 pm

THANK you! Such a great reminder to be intentional for me. I will be re-reading this again and again 🙂

63. Mrs.Reed

October 19th, 2011 at 7:09 pm

wow.
    today is the first day i have read your blog.
    i am sure many people tell you this, but please hear me.
    i have never met you.
    i don't know your past.
    i have read two of your blog posts and know with all my heart that God is shining through you.
    you are touching many people no doubt, how proud our God must be of you and your faith.
    God bless you and your family.

64. Grace2U

October 22nd, 2011 at 1:00 am

Beautiful post. I just came across you're blog. What is your faith? Christian?

65. Grace2U

October 22nd, 2011 at 1:02 am

I just came across you're blog, its wonderful. This post was beautiful. What is your faith? Christian?

66. Jess

November 6th, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Casey, I am just getting caught up with your blog after finding it through Kelle Hampton's blog:) I love it!!! This post really spoke to me, I am a mother of two young girls and I often feel like I am not giving enough and that some things just fall behind. And I am totally guilty of giving my husband only what I have "left over" at the end of the day. Thank you for reminding me of Proverbs 31.

LOVE your blog!!!!

67. LindaMae

January 26th, 2012 at 10:07 pm

This was so beautifully written and thought provoking. Thank you.